Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Not only can you knock 3 heads with Cage in MK1, I've even seen guys knock 2 heads, do a split punch in the balls and THEN knock the third head.

No La luna, that cannot be, after "CAGE WINS" you cannot input anything else, and as you can see in this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lij9NG9kU

"Cage Wins" is not delayed by the second fatality, it enters in the very last second. The video of 3 heads is a FAKE.

EVIDENCE: The video that shows 3 heads features the "Cage Wins" normally in every single case, excepting in the 3 heads part, which is an absurd and proves it was edited.

No La luna, that cannot be, after "CAGE WINS" you cannot input anything else, and as you can see in this link:

"Cage Wins" is not delayed by the second fatality, it enters in the very last second. The video of 3 heads is a FAKE.

Not to be that guy... but I have done this myself when I was growing up, im sure you can do 3 heads in mk1 arcade, though sometimes the third uppercut misses. Unless they removed it in later versions of the game, it is possible.

You could be right, now that I think about it it's could be Fatality, Ball Breaker, Fatality.
That means two heads, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a combination like that.
I'll look on youtube, if I find it I'll post it here. Not sure about the version though, it
could be something "hacked".

I just did a quick research, it looks like it's a never ending discussion if it's possible or not, lol. Some swear they saw it or did it (I myself was pretty sure I've seen it somewhere) but not one video shows it - except for the one posted here. Now I'm interested how that particular video was pulled off, it clearly has a late "Cage Wins" text - it should've come right after the first or at the same time as the second uppercut. Some say it's one of the hacked versions, some say it's a cheat from cheat.dat file. I have bunch of cheats for MK1 ver.3.0 but not this one. I'd sure like to know which hacked version and which cheat line was used in the video posted here.. or was it just a good video/photo editing?

Last edited:
Let's try not to waste our time trying convincing people what we believe or don't believe. Bleed, will this game have Johnny Cage's glitch fatalities or not?

I don't think it's a question of belief anymore, anyways that's a question for interloko -
he will be / is programming the game.

While we're at him, it would be nice to hear from interloko, how's the work going.
Last thing I remember was Battle Plan almost fully working, just like on the Arcade.

Also, any news on Liu Kang and Sonya maybe, guys?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for listening. I didn't realize you guys already someone doing the music. Didn't mean to step on any toes. :p

What is the plan as far as sound effects and voices go? I think part of the charm of this project is the fact that everything is fan-made without using any resources ripped from the games. To this end I think it's a good idea to try and replicate the sound effects and voice overs of the original, if possible. The visuals aren't ripped from the game, why should the sound be? :p

I can help out on this front if you guys don't have someone already on it. Just let me know.

Here's my original MK theme submission:
http://snack.to/oypHrH

this remix its not good ! pleasy make other remix this intro ! select player music this epic music of 1st MK !

I'm pretty sure the glitch is going to be added. I don't really care to copy bugs, but this one is special.

About Cage's hair Cal, don't worry about it, I'll handle it. I'll let you know if I need help, but I think I'll be fine.
I wanna do it my self because I don't do it often and I need the practice.

A little more work on the torso...

Cage05.jpg

Last edited:
About the johnny cage fatality glitch: I've noticed there was at least one version of the PC version.. the one with the MIDI music instead of the later wav based music that the MK Duo version of MK1 for PC had where it was easier to pull off the glitch and do three heads including doing the split punch after each head. It was still challenging to do but not nearly as much as later more bug fixed versions. Yes, it's possible but not all revisions\ports are equal especially when it comes to this.

I was thinking of the intro be like this:
The original theme plays (From the MD and SNES versions)
Scorpion and Sub-zero are fighting for a while, then a load of flames burst in showing the cast of characters, each doing a pose (most probably their poses in their bios). Then it goes back to the ninja fighting and then you hear the voice say "Mortal Kombat!" and it shows the logo and the theme by The Immortals plays from the part where it goes Doo-Di-Doo-Di-Doo-Di-Di-Di-Doo

Excuse me for the dodgy Doo-Di stuff

I don't think it's a question of belief anymore, anyways that's a question for interloko -
he will be / is programming the game.

While we're at him, it would be nice to hear from interloko, how's the work going.
Last thing I remember was Battle Plan almost fully working, just like on the Arcade.

Also, any news on Liu Kang and Sonya maybe, guys?

I'll put some arcade glitches
About coding there isnt much progress. Last thing I made was start working on TYM but nothing special yet, just placed the diferent layers
of the "stage"
I have almost no free time lately but I'll try to have the game structure finished (using arcade graphics) at the end of this year. After this os tweaks and change graphics

That sounds good interloko, if you can do that much by new year it's great. Maybe by then 2 characters will be completed for testing in HD.

this remix its not good ! pleasy make other remix this intro ! select player music this epic music of 1st MK !

Haha I forgot that I ever did that! Wonder what else is buried in this thread?!

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to say, but I believe that version was entirely scrapped and I haven't made a new one so it's open for anyone to tackle it.

Hey La_Luna not many updates on Sonya. Had my files backed up on my hardrive which is fine, but my computer ended up getting the "blue screen of death". Been trying to figure out if there was any way to get whatever else wasnt saved on the hardrive onto it though. Finally found a solution, and got it fixed. What I'll end up doing is now that I have my files saved I'll redo the computer and then have my 3d programs set to start working again. I hate to bring it up but a few things have come in the way... in the process of finding a new job.

Haha I forgot that I ever did that! Wonder what else is buried in this thread?!

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to say, but I believe that version was entirely scrapped and I haven't made a new one so it's open for anyone to tackle it.

I hope to hear their next releases of remixes, the version of "Courtyard" is incredible, as are the others. keep it up, and please ask you to re-evaluate a new version of "MK1 theme remix" good luck ! :D .....................

ps: Excuse me for my English, lol ........

I'm pretty sure the glitch is going to be added. I don't really care to copy bugs, but this one is special.

About Cage's hair Cal, don't worry about it, I'll handle it. I'll let you know if I need help, but I think I'll be fine.
I wanna do it my self because I don't do it often and I need the practice.

A little more work on the torso...

Cage05.jpg

Ok got it Bleed. Yeah the process is pretty simple once you export the fiber mesh. I'm just having trouble getting the dynamics to work in it in Max.

Are you going to animate his face? I think it would be cool if you do it, because in the sprites of elbow hit, air punch, air kick and split punch for example, you can see some gesture the actor printed on the character and I think it would be awesome if you could replicate some gesture in this model.