Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

@MrMoses,
First, the stuff you did to Shang look amazing, it feels" just like the original. Second, it's just a technical detail,
call me a crazy perfectionist but the picture you posted seems too short in height. When reduced to the resolution
that'll be used for the remake his portrait Battleplan picture should be 162hX130w. The bigger version you posted
is 421hX342w but it should be 426hX342w so when you downsize it for the game you get 162hX130w without stretching the image. Just add 5 pixels of information in height and you should be good.

Good eyes, luna!

And you are right about it being off. What I posted was a rough crop, I get excited and usually save cropping for last. Thanks for the dimensions also, that makes things easier. :p

Bleed, cage is looking great, once you're able to show his stance I can tell already that it will be perfect. It's almost scary how much it resembles his face.

Last edited:
You know guys... it would be awesome that you use those 3D models to create a nice intro video for the game, like pretty much all games today, then we get to the classic intro or press start. That won't mean a disgrace to the effort to be faithful to the original project but sort of a tribute, sort of a mark of how far you guys went to do this. I mean something like SFxTK intro, or TTT2 intro or whatever.

I can imagine you could use the original comic book as inspiration to recreate this missing intro, some scenes of Kano vs Sonya, Raiden falling from the sky, Scorpion fighting Sub-Zero, a close up to Daniel Pesina's face (oh Yeah) and then the logo: Mortal Kombat HD...!!!

After seeing that, I think everyone will drop a tear, then we would still have the classic intro with letters, the classic gameplay and endings, all classic stages in HD, everything... hopefully you wont consider this suggestion a "blasphemy", because it's nothing but a little extra, a presentation to your work and a tribute to the fans.

You know guys... it would be awesome that you use those 3D models to create a nice intro video for the game, like pretty much all games today, then we get to the classic intro or press start. That won't mean a disgrace to the effort to be faithful to the original project but sort of a tribute, sort of a mark of how far you guys went to do this. I mean something like SFxTK intro, or TTT2 intro or whatever.

I can imagine you could use the original comic book as inspiration to recreate this missing intro, some scenes of Kano vs Sonya, Raiden falling from the sky, Scorpion fighting Sub-Zero, a close up to Daniel Pesina's face (oh Yeah) and then the logo: Mortal Kombat HD...!!!

After seeing that, I think everyone will drop a tear, then we would still have the classic intro with letters, the classic gameplay and endings, all classic stages in HD, everything... hopefully you wont consider this suggestion a "blasphemy", because it's nothing but a little extra, a presentation to your work and a tribute to the fans.

I was thinking about doing that for the character bios and endings

Still have a lot of work to do on Cage, but here's what I have so far.

I'm basically sculpting an anatomy model first = ecorche

Next would be adding the some fat over the muscles and matching his particular build closer.

Feel free to critique, it'll change quite a bit before we call it finished.

Cage04.jpg

Wow, great work on Pesina, Bleed :D I learn so much from looking at your stuff. Kinda miss you at youtube and dA. I hope I didn't stalk you away from there :p I think I'm a rather discreet and reasonable stalker. Lol.

I haven't stopped working, I'm just not posting every little update like before.

Yeah, I figured :razz: it's a pity 'cause I like seeing your WIPs, and the actual process in your videos. Of course there's other people out there doing similar things. I just like your style and subjects. Anyway, great work again. Keep it up. Take care =D

Last edited:
Will Johnny Cage be able to knock off 3 heads in this game? I know it was just a glitch in the original, but I was wondering if it would be added on purpose.

Well man I don't know... I always heard 3 heads were a fake rumor, I tryed it myself and was never able to get more than two heads, in MK1 Combo video by UMK.com community (the biggest MK community ever) they show two heads but not 3... I don't know about that video, but I would like the team to get confirmation from Shock, ded_, Hanzo or someone like that about the number of heads.

It looks legit tho, and now I know you know what you were saying, probably more than me... I'm speachless, is not common that people win a MK argument against me... pretty much that seems irrefutable evidence... BUT I STILL CANNOT FULLY ACCEPT IT, maybe it's a modded MK1 with some sort of a hack code, currently there is a code to create Ermac in MK1 arcade.

Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bp4-_3DIPo

I don't know were you got someone better than this community to pull out 3 heads...

Eitherway, that video is the bomb, because there is no record of 3 heads on this page: http://www.mksecrets.net/mk1/eng/mk-glitches.php which happens to be a dedicated site for the classic MK games specially, with content created by experts with years and years of experience (hardcore tournament players), and even when 2 heads and several other bugs are mentioned, no mention of 3 heads appear whatsoever.

So either this guy discovered and really captured something like "Sonya playable in MK2" after so many years, or he is a cheat.

EDIT: It's a faked video, the time to do extra moves / repeat the head fatality ends pretty quick, there is no chance for a thirth head, as seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lij9NG9kU