Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hey fellas. Hoping to have a little time this weekend (if not tonight) to get the shang revisions done. Bleed, I'm excited to see Cage, but no rush. Keep up the good work guys, one day we'll have something to be very proud of. :)

Alright, I'm a little indecisive at times and wanted to give the revisions a go about 2 minutes after my last post. What do you think? There yet? Did I forget anything?

Shang_Portrait_Smaller(rev2).jpg

And an animated gif for comparison, look closely, wait for it...

2czaqoi.gif

Last edited:
I was thinking earlier today that it would be kind of nice to have some place with a list of the contributors to this project. Maybe it's not terribly important, but it may help become more familiar with each other and any new contributors, maybe it's the OCD in me.

Or we could just add our area of contribution and the project name as a post quote.
Example: "Bleed • 3D Modeling/Programming/Ass Kicking • MK1HD Project"

That may not be the best format, someone smart could come up with that.

If this is a silly or un-needed idea, bare with me, my brain has been on a spin cycle lately.

Just a thing.

Last edited:
It is tough to sticky something like this without having a admin create a different thread for this but it wouldn't hurt to update the list and recognize past contributors.

Bleed: 3D Character Modeling (Raiden, Cage, Scorpion, Subzero, Reptile) 3D Character Rigging/Animation (Raiden, Cage, Scorpion, Subzero, Reptile, Sonya, Lui Kang, Kano)

Interloko: Background Programming, Physics, Balance, Loading Screens, Attract Mode, Sound Programming and Animation Programming.

Calactyte: Font Recreations, 3D Background Modeling, 3D Background Animations, Projectile Animations, Blood Animations, Title Screen Logo Recreation, UI Graphics Recreation, Shang Tsung (modeling) Shang Tsung (rigging/animation). Goro (rigging/animation).

Jeremy Ortiz: Goro (new version) Modeling.

Demonseed: Sonya Modeling/Rigging

MrMos3s: Character Portraits, Endings Recreation.

LaLuna: Character Animation and Original Sprite Ripping.

Justin Slaughter: Music (Character Select, Continue)

TheGrid: Music (Throne Room, Character Select, Continue)

Jarvis653: Base character selection screen, attract mode screens, ending screens, TYM UI, Ending Layouts, UI resizing, Music coordinator.

Mortal Gojira: Goro modeling (first version), Shang Tsung modeling (first version), Lui Kang modeling (first version).

Badmouse: Goro's Lair (first version), Warriors Shrine (first version), Attract Screens/UI (first version), Kano Modeling.

Subzera: Palace Gates (first version).

I think this covers anyone who has provided us completed work. Let me know if I missed anyone.

I was thinking earlier today that it would be kind of nice to have some place with a list of the contributors to this project. Maybe it's not terribly important, but it may help become more familiar with each other and any new contributors, maybe it's the OCD in me.

Or we could just add our area of contribution and the project name as a post quote.
Example: "Bleed • 3D Modeling/Programming/Ass Kicking • MK1HD Project"

That may not be the best format, someone smart could come up with that.

If this is a silly or un-needed idea, bare with me, my brain has been on a spin cycle lately.

Just a thing.

Well done Cal! That's quite a list! I hafta point out tho that I haven't done a "Character Select" theme. I did do the "Courtyard" and "Test Your Might" themes, along with the "Continue" one. ;)

Well done Cal! That's quite a list! I hafta point out tho that I haven't done a "Character Select" theme. I did do the "Courtyard" and "Test Your Might" themes, along with the "Continue" one. ;)

Woopse my bad...we will make sure to get it right in the ending credits. Thanks again to all who have contributed and sorry if I missed anyone..or listed projects incorrectly.

Still have a lot of work to do on Cage, but here's what I have so far.

I'm basically sculpting an anatomy model first = ecorche

Next would be adding the some fat over the muscles and matching his particular build closer.

Feel free to critique, it'll change quite a bit before we call it finished.

Cage04.jpg

Last edited:
@MrMoses,
First, the stuff you did to Shang look amazing, it feels" just like the original. Second, it's just a technical detail,
call me a crazy perfectionist but the picture you posted seems too short in height. When reduced to the resolution
that'll be used for the remake his portrait Battleplan picture should be 162hX130w. The bigger version you posted
is 421hX342w but it should be 426hX342w so when you downsize it for the game you get 162hX130w without stretching the image. Just add 5 pixels of information in height and you should be good.

@Bleed
Really nice start, one thing to keep in mind when looking at references is Cage actually looked smaller in MK1 then in MK2. Don't know why exactly, maybe the camera was a bit closer in MK2, or they stretched
the images in post production a bit, or he gained some muscles.

24viqs0.png

Or maybe my eyes just suck, lol.

edit:
Oh, and Happy Birthday to this thread :)

Last edited:
Looking nice! Have you checked that the fingers aren't too short? His face looks very much like him. If you are satisfied with his skull shape you can export an Obj of it and I'll sculpt hair for you via zBrush. Then export the curves out to a Max file so you can apply hair and fur with Mental Ray shader. Should be spot on when I'm done. Let me know when I should get started.

Still have a lot of work to do on Cage, but here's what I have so far.

I'm basically sculpting an anatomy model first = encorche

Next would be adding the some fat over the muscles and matching his particular build closer.

Feel free to critique, it'll change quite a bit before we call it finished.

Cage04.jpg

@calactyte,
snice Shang portrait is good to go, could you pose and do lighting on Goro so maybe MrMoses can work on his portrait and atract mode screen?

I think I just saw Daniel Pesina NAKED...!!!

It seriously looks awesome, but I have an observation: Daniel's complextion is wider, the body you showed could fit MKT Cage but the original one has a bigger torso, well that's the impression I got after enhancing certain MKT animations to fit MK2 Cage long ago.