Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Wow, you're fast man. I guess punches and kicks are easier for you to pull off than complex stuff like sweep and roundhouse.

This project is so epic and awesome the same time.

Each time I visit this thread for updates I'm just very impressed.

You guys do really good fan-made job and earn my respect for doing this.

Keep it up!!! :):congrats:

btw. do you have maybe any plans for a free playable demo release later this year???

Nice job Bleed! You've moved our schedule forward by completing 2 animations this week instead of 1. Shang is still a work in progress. I'm optimizing his skin a bit so it stops popping through his clothing.

As for a demo I think we are still pretty far off from that yet.

Delete it if you don't need it.

If you need to keep the mesh for some reason, like cloth simulation to collide with, you might try adding a masking texture to make those parts invisible.

Then you don't have to worry so much if it clips, because it won't show.

Last edited:
Delete it if you don't need it.

If you need to keep the mesh for some reason, like cloth simulation to collide with, you might try adding a masking texture to make those parts invisible.

Then you don't have to worry so much if it clips, because it won't show.

I never thought to mask it off. That is actually a great idea. Thanks for the help.

MK1HD_LPA.gif

Is it just an illusion from the vest, or is the torso huge compared to the arms?

I don't think it'll look so big with a background, I opened the gif with a white background and being able to see through the little openings in his vest fixes that illusion quite a bit.

I have to make a bunch of animations for the punches.

Branching system of transition animations from any one to any other.

Low Right single = Done

Low Right ~ Low Left

Low Left ~ Low Right

Low Right ~ High Left

Low Left ~ High Right

High Right single

High Right ~ High Left

High Left ~ High Right

High Right ~ Low Left

High Left ~ Low Right

I think that's it.

Last edited:
AH, OK quite a bit of work then yet. Looking good so far. Still working on Shang over here. Progress is slow since I'm learning quite a bit.

I have to make a bunch of animations for the punches.

Branching system of transition animations from any one to any other.

Low Right single = Done

Low Right ~ Low Left

Low Left ~ Low Right

Low Right ~ High Left

Low Left ~ High Right

High Right single

High Right ~ High Left

High Left ~ High Right

High Right ~ Low Left

High Left ~ Low Right

I think that's it.

Cool, what technique are you learning?

Some things I use are..

Hand painting
Texture Baking
Photo Manipulation
Procedural shaders
Sometimes texturing with lights, and baking the result but hardly ever.

I'd probably use that more for stages.

Hey Guys awsomme Idea. I am a 3D character artist, and I would love to help you guys out ^^

If there are any characters that need making I'm intrested ^^

@X_Lestah
Kano, Liu Kang and Johnny Cage. There was some work on all three - Kanos' head was started, there is finished (?) Johnnies face used for ninjas I believe and Liu Kang was started but dropped, so maybe you can try Liu Kang.
If you need photos of the actor who played Kang in the game, or something riped from the game, size scale for reference let me know.

Last edited:
@X_Lestah
Kano, Liu Kang and Johnny Cage. There was some work on all three - Kanos' head was started, there is finished (?) Johnnies face used for ninjas I believe and Liu Kang was started but dropped, so maybe you can try Liu Kang.
If you need photos of the actor who played Kang in the game, or something riped from the game, size scale for reference let me know.

Grate I can make Liu Kang for you guys ^^

Note I am a character artist (this includes Textures), I'm not a rigger and I'm not an animator. So I can make models for you guys but not more for now ^^

A few things I need to know, and then I can start working rigth away.
What file format do you want the model deliverd in?
Do you have a prefered poly count?
Prefered texture resolution?
Deadline? (I can most likly finish it in 4 or 5 days)

And La_Luna I will go refrence gathering myself to but I would love it if you share all refrence you got to ^^

Dose this sound good?

No problem, I'll send you everything I got in about 6-7 hours (I'm at work now).
As for the file format, Bleed and calactyte will probably answer that since they work with 3d models mostly.
Oh, and there is no deadline, this is a fan made project and everybody is working in their free time so no pressure there, take your time.

Grate I can make Liu Kang for you guys ^^

Note I am a character artist (this includes Textures), I'm not a rigger and I'm not an animator. So I can make models for you guys but not more for now ^^

A few things I need to know, and then I can start working rigth away.
What file format do you want the model deliverd in?
Do you have a prefered poly count?
Prefered texture resolution?
Deadline? (I can most likly finish it in 4 or 5 days)

And La_Luna I will go refrence gathering myself to but I would love it if you share all refrence you got to ^^

Dose this sound good?

Hi there,

Id love to see what you can do.

Polycount should be around 7,500 maximum.
Texture resolution of 4096x4096 preferred.
The hair will be done later using zBrush.
Speaking of zBrush, do you know how to use it?
Use full body references you can find on the internet plus laLuna
can provide you 3x sized sprites for proportions.

Let us know if you need help! Really excited about you joining in to help.