Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Sprites are in drop box

MK1HD_Scorp_Sweep.gif

Fantastic. Love it! As for the order you're doing them, how about making Fatality last?
Like an icing on the cake :) It'd be cool if you got the least atractive ones out of the way
soon. Like Getting hit ducking, and Duck kick:

33zg0i8.gif
fm1few.gif

Then you're left with all the cool ones, like Roundhouse, Knee, Getting thrown,
Getting punched by Goro, Getting punched in the balls etc.

But it really doesn't matter, do whatever you feel like, they're all great anyways.

About Goro, I don't like his lips... It looks kinda funny. His 'eyebrows' and teeth are waaay too big, and his forehead should be longer.

The thing is it is exactly like the original model. It is possible the lighting is throwing you off. My buddy sculpted put the original rare front view image as template. Every facial feature matches perfectly. Your eyes end up seeing what isnt there. I made this mistake before he showed me pixel for pixel how exact it is to the original.

I think Goro looks spot on. Aside from the belt and foot wraps I think it's perfect. I like how monstrous the shadows over his eyes look!

The sweep looks great too. Can't wait to see that iceball!

To recap, what Scorpion animations are left?

Throw, Knee, Elbow, Roundhouse, Crouch Kick, Being hit, fall down get up, finishing move?

Done = Orange
Not done = White

Select portrait

Ending

Bio

Fighting Stance
turn
Victory Pose
Walking
crouch
Diagonal Jump
Neutral Jump

HP 1
HP 2
LP 1
LP 2

Close HP

Uppercut

Jump punch

Standing HK

standing LK

Knee

Round house

Hop kick

Diagonal jump kick

Crouch kick

Sweep

Standing block

Crouch block

Throw

Get thrown

Get Hit high

Get Hit low

Get hit crouching

stumble

hit in the nuts

Get hit by Goro's command throw

Normal fall

Normal get up

Sweep fall

Sweep get up

Dizzy

Spear toss

Spear pull

spear and rope sprites

Toasty

Toasty victim

Toasty effects

Decap victim

Test Your Might

Last edited:
Done = Orange
Not done = White

Select portrait

Ending

Bio

Fighting Stance
turn
Victory Pose
Walking
crouch
Diagonal Jump
Neutral Jump

HP 1
HP 2
LP 1
LP 2

Close HP

Uppercut

Jump punch

Standing HK

standing LK

Knee

Round house

Hop kick

Diagonal jump kick

Crouch kick

Sweep

Standing block

Crouch block

Throw

Get thrown

Get Hit high

Get Hit low

Get hit crouching

stumble

hit in the nuts

Get hit by Goro's command throw

Normal fall

Normal get up

Sweep fall

Sweep get up

Dizzy

Spear toss

Spear pull

spear and rope sprites

Toasty

Toasty victim

Toasty effects

Decap victim

Test Your Might

Thanks, so it's around half way done. That's not bad!

If "Hop Kick" is the vertical jump kick I guess it should be orange colored Bleed, eitherway, congratulations on the huge progress.

Would be great to see a comparison between the previous model of Goro and the new one.

Edit: Also I think it would be a very cool update if we could get a more interesting version of the classic Fatality, something like a close up to Scorpion's face when taking his mask off (using a black background) and maybe some interactivity, sort of tapping HP fast to achieve a skeleton explosion or whatever... so, if each character is going to only have the classic fatality, trying to make it look a little bit more enjoyable would be great.

Congratulations to everyone, loving the new Goro model better than the old one, not sure about Tsung yet. This project is PURE ART.

Last edited:
Wow, that's really some awesome stuff. You guys are making it looking professional. There are many great sound guys in the community hat would make such an awesome work for music.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/32639

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/56903

Love MK Kommunity. As ugly as it may get, it remains my favorite.

At the risk of coming off as biased because I've been making music for this game, I still would like to throw my opinion out there. I think this guy's stuff is fairly mediocre. The first track is a bit boring and doesn't sound like MK at all to me. The Character Select is better, but sounds lifeless and digital. Maybe some mastering would help, but there's still little sense of immediacy or impact. I think this project deserves better, to be honest, no matter where the music ultimately comes from.

At the risk of coming off as biased because I've been making music for this game, I still would like to throw my opinion out there. I think this guy's stuff is fairly mediocre. The first track is a bit boring and doesn't sound like MK at all to me. The Character Select is better, but sounds lifeless and digital. Maybe some mastering would help, but there's still little sense of immediacy or impact. I think this project deserves better, to be honest, no matter where the music ultimately comes from.

I was about to write something similar, before I read your post.
I just listened to his stuff with the pair of good closed headphones
and your stuff is so SO much richer.. just better. Was wondering
have you made any MK1 stuff recently, would love to hear it.

Also, for the guy asking about pixel aspect ratio... calactyte is talking about
resolution (1280X720) but aspect ratio of the individual pixel is 1:1 (square) I think.
I don't see why it would be anything other than that for this project.