Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Shang now looks fantastic!!! Great job!

EDIT: I also think he should have some more movements. Just for fun on the side not in the actual game, because it would be a shame to see a character that looks this good not do more.

If i can help trough promoting this project trough my deviantart groups mk-rebirth and fighting-games-elite or my game art hq website just let me know i would love to support it.

greets and a nice weekend, gbk

I think, floating Shang Tsung was a feature of MK1, of course we must save it. But another question, in MK1 Shang's stand and float stances had no animation and looked flat.

Attachments

• Shangtsungsprite.gif
    Shangtsungsprite.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 264
Shang now looks fantastic!!! Great job!

EDIT: I also think he should have some more movements. Just for fun on the side not in the actual game, because it would be a shame to see a character that looks this good not do more.

Yeah, I didn't like how in the actual game all he did was just move and shoot fire skulls. He should use his sword and be able to punches and kicks like any other character.

Yeah, I didn't like how in the actual game all he did was just move and shoot fire skulls. He should use his sword and be able to punches and kicks like any other character.

In the spirit of keeping the game like the original, just have him float, but for extras for maybe a mugen video demo just for fun, he should do something else. I agree with you InterestingMK, Shang left more to be desired.

Nice work on Shang and Goro, they are looking great.

Shang's fight stance will be like the sprite, with slight movements added to give it more life.

Breathing, fidgeting, cloth animation...

GORO UPDATE!

My buddy who is a sick sculptor is working on this. Legs aren't done yet:

http://grab.by/f9d4

http://grab.by/f9bQ

http://grab.by/f9cW

http://grab.by/f9cA

Hopefully he will be done soon.

Wow, Goro is looking awesome too, definately like this one more than the others.

One thought, and it may just be the angle, but in the full body shot I noticed his head may look a little larger than it should be. I think his smaller head was one of the things that made his upper body/chest look more pronounced/bulky.

Last edited:
Goro does indeed look very good. However his lips and nose are way too big. His head could also be a bit smaller, like MrMos said. He's coming along very well though! I really like his eyes. haha

One more thing. It seems like his eye sockets might be a bit too large also.

Wow, Goro is looking awesome too, definately like this one more than the others.

One thought, and it may just be the angle, but in the full body shot I noticed his head may look a little larger than it should be. I think his smaller head was one of the things that made his upper body/chest look more pronounced/bulky.

I'll double check that and see. He's been using whatever rare model imagery was available on the internet so it should be exactly the same. Remember also that camera angle (as you mentioned) accounts for alot.

I like the detail he's adding to the skin on Goro with all the creases, looks nice.

For this project, it's kind of a waste though. You are not going to see him close enough to notice that.

Primary and secondary forms are all you really need for this.

Last edited:
Goro is looking good.

One suggestion...the brow bone on Goro is too large, they look like large bruises instead of bone.

@calactyte,
Goros' body looks amazing, his head however looks a bit big and strange.
I actually liked the previous Goros head better. Here's the pic of the original
Goro figure (in this case repainted and used as Kintaro) just to see head/body ratio:

111mmtx.png

Shang looks really good. I like him the way he is but if you want to be arcade accurate
his blue vest is open from around waste up, and the golden vertical sprites on the vest
are actually white (I guess they repainted it):

ehgei9.png

One question about character size for you and DEMONSEED. Are you going simply by the eye, or are you using Bleeds
Scorpion model? (comparing Scorp/Shang and Scorp/Sonya height differences in the original game, and making the same
thing with your models based on Bleeds Scorp height)

I like the detail he's adding to the skin on Goro with all the creases, looks nice.

For this project, it's kind of a waste though. You are not going to see him close enough to notice that.

Primary and secondary forms are all you really need for this.

Yeah he knows that. He just wants to have something he can use for his sculpting portfolio. Also we've talked about maybe having a 3D print made of it for about $150.

Ok Shang nearly done.

I just need to work on his pants and kung fu slippers when he falls down and you can see them.

SHANG_RAW.png

SHANG_RAW_B.png

I'm working off of my own scale. It shouldn't matter too much though. I'll import Bleed's Camera from his 3ds Max file so that everything renders at the same angle.

@calactyte,
Goros' body looks amazing, his head however looks a bit big and strange.
I actually liked the previous Goros head better. Here's the pic of the original
Goro figure (in this case repainted and used as Kintaro) just to see head/body ratio:

111mmtx.png

So, Kintaro was just the Goro model repainted? Those clever bastards!

Also here's a question now, who's making Kano and Liu Kang? Is Raiden finished?