Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I've started on the next animation, which is the Hop Kick.

During the week, I was figuring out how to code. I've been doing more of that lately, so that's why the 3D updates are slower. I'm starting to get things working, so I'm kind of hooked on it.

I'm making the first level of Mario brothers to get a feel for how all the parts can work together. The little guy is walking, running, and turning so far... It's not a lot, but it's pretty exciting! :twisted:

Anyway back to animation, it'll be up by tomorrow.

Bleed, you are my hero. Can't wait to see the next animation and I know the feeling of coding something and having it finally work correctly. It is indeed addictive.

I was just thinking the other day how much I'd love to do MK2. The thing is that's at least 3 years away I think. Modeling and animating the 10 characters in MK1 is time consuming enough. Each MK character has about 33 different animations. If Bleed continues at his normal pace of 1 animation per week. You are looking at about 1.75 character animations done in a 52 week year.

The good news is when Scorp is complete we can guess that Subzero and Reptile will be done within a week from that. I plan to have Goro and Shang complete (with animations minus Shang's Morphs) before the end of this year as well.

If Demonseed finishes Sonya modeling it is likely that Bleed will have two characters he'll be busy animating next year.

So that means in theory we'll have 5 characters left as we enter 2013. Bleed will probably work on animating Sonya and Raiden if all goes to plan. By the beginning of 2014 we will have 7 characters fully animated and hopefully inside the engine.

That leaves Lui Kang, Kano and Cage. So I'd say a late 2015 or end of 2016 release date would likely be where this all comes together. It is surely a lot of time so I hope everyone sticks together by then so we can complete the project.

I'd love to do MKII if the time ever came. My favorite of the series. First things first though, MKHD :)

It is a very long time... I could do more animations per week if I wanted, I just need to get organized.

The thing is you aren't a machine. The second this stops being fun for you is when the project is lost. So I say go at whatever pace will keep you interested in completing this.

MK1HDScorp_HopKick_01.gif

Last edited:
Ok so this is still rough in zBrush so ignore the odd coloring of Shangs skin and the Hair and Fur doesn't render like it does in 3ds Max either:

Also the texture will probably change from the shiny material that they actually used on the jacket to what it looks like when compressed down to 256 colors circa 1992. That all being said....

SHANG_UPDATE.jpg

His eyes are now smaller. The indentation in his cheeks more apparent. Also all his clothing is modeled. Samurai sword coming soon. I haven't the slightlest clue I'm I'm going to animate all this cloth I'll look to Bleed Scorpion file for reverse engineering help.

Aside from his clothes looking like a glass figurine, Shang Tsung is looking good. It'll be nice to see him in action on video.

You can overlay bones for secondary motion.

There can be some parent bones like for the arms, then you can have a few lines of floating bones around it.

The floating bones are linked to the arm bones.

The Parent bones would move all the cloth bones, and you do a second pass on the cloth bones to make it flow better.

You skin the cloth to the extra bones, not the parent bones.

You can try using springs to get some of the secondary animation. Of course if the computer is doing this on it's own, you'll have to deal with other problems, like clipping or it not moving how you wanted.

I would use an actual cloth simulator if it wasn't so hard on my system. For me it's not worth it so I have to animate it by hand.

I just upgraded my computer's RAM so I can handle cloth simulation pretty well. But you are right you lose control when clipping occurs and I'm not sure it is worth the headache. Thanks for the tips on rigging the cloth Bleed.

You can overlay bones for secondary motion.

There can be some parent bones like for the arms, then you can have a few lines of floating bones around it.

The floating bones are linked to the arm bones.

The Parent bones would move all the cloth bones, and you do a second pass on the cloth bones to make it flow better.

You skin the cloth to the extra bones, not the parent bones.

You can try using springs to get some of the secondary animation. Of course if the computer is doing this on it's own, you'll have to deal with other problems, like clipping or it not moving how you wanted.

I would use an actual cloth simulator if it wasn't so hard on my system. For me it's not worth it so I have to animate it by hand.