Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Initial Shang Tsung just to show progress. Skin shader needs tweaking and his skin needs to be more pail. He doesn't have balls yet. Wanted to show off the beard and hair though so you can see what I've been working on for the past few days. Also working on the clothing and all that.

SHANG_RAW.jpg

Meant eyeballs not balls...LOL.

Did he have a soul patch in MK 1? Anyone have any photos which show that?

Greetings guys, how are you? Man, iv just dont post any comentary many time ago...Well, just lets see, Shang tsung should have the eyes similar to the scorpions portraits that MrMos3s corrected a little bit.
Talking about the hair and beard, man, just hate, being a d*ck, but they look spider webs for me :|
The eye brows need a little more of work...
But the body, is perfect. Please, just dont put shang tsung with eye color like the newer 3D ones :|

Shang Tsung is looking awesome! However I think the wrinkles on the cheeks looks a bit odd, I don't think loose flaps of skin forms around the cheek like that even for a really aged person.

They do show up, but there is one too many on the nasal labial fold.

Looking at some pictures, they get thinner toward the eye socket and are flatter in general. The bottom part can be a little thicker because of gravity. The skin will go toward the side that's hanging.

The Eye socket looks a little strange to me around the bottom, it's too flat. Should be a little more of a U shape there.

35l6knr.png

33e0oc7.png

Looking at Shangs sprites I get the vibe he has a really protruding cheekbones.
It's like he has a sunken face, which makes him look even more evil, something like this:

21bqjv6.jpg

Also looking at his Battle Plan pic, looks like he has a big dimpled chin too:

2uib3gi.png

The original Tobias artwork for Shang Tsung shows that the original intent was to include a soul patch from the beginning

shang_tsung_mk1_comic.png

I'm almost positive the only reason they wouldn't have actually included in the costume was because it didn't translate well to the lo-res format.

Also his mustache as it is looks kind of droopy, but in the Tobias artwork it goes straight across before coming down on the sides. I think this gives it a much more sinister look.

Also, about Shang Tsungs mask, they might not have made the mask themselves. It could have been an old man mask they found in a costume shop (which some of the masks and props were purchased from) which would explain why he doesn't have the chin beard in the game. I had a similar situation with one of my characters. The character originally was drawn with a goatee and a chin beard but the mask that I found only had a long big beard.

Single White Male Seeking Female For Relationship

Name: Shang Tsung

SHANG_RAW_B.jpg

Description: I'm getting lonely always being the bad guy. If you are a lady looking for love then I want to meet you.
You must like to travel (to and from Earth Realm). Must like four armed pets. If you are supportive of my career as a sorcerer I promise to give you immortality.

People always say: That I act much younger than I look. I'll let you in on my secret if our relationship gets serious.

Hobbies: Sucking Souls... and Running a Martial Arts Tournament. Trimming my beard.

Doesn't Like: Lui Kang (long story). My boss.

Favorite Pick-up line: Muhuuhaahahahahahahah....Excellent.

Single White Male Seeking Female For Relationship

Name: Shang Tsung

SHANG_RAW_B.jpg

Description: I'm getting lonely always being the bad guy. If you are a lady looking for love then I want to meet you.
You must like to travel (to and from Earth Realm). Must like four armed pets. If you are supportive of my career as a sorcerer I promise to give you immortality.

People always say: That I act much younger than I look. I'll let you in on my secret if our relationship gets serious.

Hobbies: Sucking Souls... and Running a Martial Arts Tournament. Trimming my beard.

Doesn't Like: Lui Kang (long story). My boss.

Favorite Pick-up line: Muhuuhaahahahahahahah....Excellent.

Hah, I think the new bio is a keeper.

About Shang, Fixing his eyes will looks much better, something like Select Screen Scorpion White Eyes, maybe add a bit of glow on it.

About the Hair is looking good, maybe adding shadows or AO to it will perfect. Now looks too light.

About Shang,

I'm working on the cloth which is priority for me right now. The eyes are in but could probably use better rendering so I'll work on that at the end.

I think Shang's eyes are looking quite large. O_O

Yeah, maybe after cloth go back and make his eyes a bit smaller.

As far as eye style (glowing, undead etc. etc.) you probably won't have to worry too much about it because you'll lose some of that detail anyway when he's scaled down to fighting size. For portraits, I shouldn't have a problem fixing his eyes up how you guys would want.

Unless I'm wrong. :)

I've started on the next animation, which is the Hop Kick.

During the week, I was figuring out how to code. I've been doing more of that lately, so that's why the 3D updates are slower. I'm starting to get things working, so I'm kind of hooked on it.

I'm making the first level of Mario brothers to get a feel for how all the parts can work together. The little guy is walking, running, and turning so far... It's not a lot, but it's pretty exciting! :twisted:

Anyway back to animation, it'll be up by tomorrow.

MK is one of my favorite games so I'd probably keep going, but you never know. Maybe I'll do something original instead.