Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Here's an update on Sonya. Started to do a bit of sculpting on the clothing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjQNPBIxB3M&feature=plcp

Nice, she's coming along all right.
Her thighs could be thicker and her butt bigger and a bit more flat I think.

2ujpifd.jpg

Agree, original Sonya didn't have such a nice ass. It was flatter and wider but you are very close. Love the material you are using on her belt and straps. Specifically the thighs need to be thicker.

Nice job man!

Nice, she's coming along all right.
Her thighs could be thicker and her butt bigger and a bit more flat I think.

2ujpifd.jpg

LMAO la_luna and calactyte funniest thing I've heard all day. Yea, her ass isnt that nice in the game but I can't help it. It'll probably be a late change if anything. As for the legs I'll work on making them thicker. Cant wait to see how it turns out with textures!! But first I have to finish up more on the modeling. And thanks everyone for the feedback!
edit: heres a few screenshots. the posed one...well.... dont mind her fingers or other distorted parts. She was just in a bad fight with Goro : D
001.jpg004.jpg003.jpg009.jpg008.jpg

Last edited:
Nice updates!

I was fixing some bugs here and there in coding. There are a few known bugs to fix.
The Battle Plan It's 99% done. The endurances are working but I'll change the way the second character appears, now is different than arcade.
I'll change some code when the character wins, to detect if you unlocked reptile, killed shang or goro appears after 3rd endurance.
The bios are working and the next steps are the endings and TYM :) I'll look at Dropbox next week to see if we have the final endings/potraits of scorpion & sub

I've replaced some old UI by the new one but there are a lot of stuff to add yet.

It's looking great !!
As calactyte and La_luna said, her as is a little more wider (also, I don't know if it's flatter, lol)

Maybee it's only me but I think you made a "wrong cut" to her brief. In fact, it looks really more like a thong than the one you made. I find some reference pictures to compare :

sonya.jpg

I like the material you choose for her belt. However, I think you should use the same material you used for the tights and bra to make her brief/thong (this one is not as shiny as the belt). Last thing, I think the belt should fully hide the lateral parts (hips level) of the thong, maybee putting the thong higher or making the belt wider (maybee the two, lol).

Btw, congrats man :)

I wonder why in MK1, it was shows Johnny Cage on his back with his legs folded and head upwards slightly like he's in the middle of a sit-up. Can anyone on this forum explain that...or has insider information?

I wonder why in MK1, it was shows Johnny Cage on his back with his legs folded and head upwards slightly like he's in the middle of a sit-up. Can anyone on this forum explain that...or has insider information?

I've always wondered that, too. I just assumed it was a bug that was never fixed.

Duuuuudes :DDDD, after this project is over, i have a idea...my idea is to port it to a console...guess wich one it will be???

Dreamcast!..I know guys, you all must be like, agh dreamcast, what the hell, dead console, blah blah blah...
But this is just a begining!
Anyone here heard about The Dolmexica Engine [Moddable 2D-Fighter] ?
Its almost alike mugen! People have already made mortal kombat I vs street fighter
This is just a quick made game...i realy imagine this hd remix on dreamcast ^^

[edit, i forgot to say that the engine is still in development, i know how to work with it because i already had my beta :DDD...well anyway, here is my idea]
OBS:sorry about my bad english

Duuuuudes :DDDD, after this project is over, i have a idea...my idea is to port it to a console...guess wich one it will be???

Dreamcast!..I know guys, you all must be like, agh dreamcast, what the hell, dead console, blah blah blah...
But this is just a begining!
Anyone here heard about The Dolmexica Engine [Moddable 2D-Fighter] ?
Its almost alike mugen! People have already made mortal kombat I vs street fighter
This is just a quick made game...i realy imagine this hd remix on dreamcast ^^

[edit, i forgot to say that the engine is still in development, i know how to work with it because i already had my beta :DDD...well anyway, here is my idea]

OBS:sorry about my bad english

You know i would be happy just to sell this to Netherrealm Or give it to them for free so that they could translate the code to PS3 and Xbox.

Aaah, so, it wont be free on the consoles :(((, we will have to pay to play then :|
i mean, thats not fair for you to make this and to give it away to netherealm studios, thats a scam -.-

Aaah, so, it wont be free on the consoles :(((, we will have to pay to play then :|
i mean, thats not fair for you to make this and to give it away to netherealm studios, thats a scam -.-

We wouldn't have any control over that if we gave them the source code. They'd probably need to charge a small amount to cover translation fees. For me, I know that we personally cannot make money on this at all so we would release it on PC for free of course but then if Netherealm wanted to they could translate to PSN and XBOX Live. That means our game can be access by millions of people. Ideally we would be paid for our work but since we don't own the IP I don't know how willing they would be to do that.

But wait, i know what you do mean, but dont you consider it strange just to have mk1?
i know im being too fast, but if there were 1 huge team with 5 or 10 elements doing each game of the trilogy would be cool...just an idea

But wait, i know what you do mean, but dont you consider it strange just to have mk1?
i know im being too fast, but if there were 1 huge team with 5 or 10 elements doing each game of the trilogy would be cool...just an idea

I think that we are getting way too far ahead of ourselves with doing MK2 and MK3. Sure eventually I'd love to do that. Let's finish MK1 classic HD Remake. Perhaps that will open doors up for us to create further titles.

Please make the mortal kombat trilogy or at least the UMK3
my dream to play them in HD
I have a good understanding with adobe photoshop if you need me I can help.

I think that we are getting way too far ahead of ourselves with doing MK2 and MK3. Sure eventually I'd love to do that. Let's finish MK1 classic HD Remake. Perhaps that will open doors up for us to create further titles.

im 100% agree with that, but i think, like bleed said, you should get new equipment and be "payed"!
It is a good idea to sell the game to netherealm studios, or to publish it with their autorization, just like metal gear 1 from gamecube...

Porting the game to a console would be awesome. How can someone port a mugen game to PS3? I would love to port my game (when it's finished) to PS3. At least for myself to play.

Porting the game to a console would be awesome. How can someone port a mugen game to PS3? I would love to port my game (when it's finished) to PS3. At least for myself to play.

You'd likely have to get some sort of license from Sony and I suspect that there would be legalities with WB since it's their IP, too. The only other way you'd be able to get it ported would be to have hacked PS3 OS that allows you to play unsigned/homebrew games, and that's another beast in itself. (And talking too much about hacking consoles isn't allowed here, either.)