Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Scorpion and SubZero's endings are looking great! :-o
I know your one iron-rule is staying true to the original, but I think Raiden's ending should be re-written. That thing about him inviting other gods to join the tournament, and all that mayhem caused by the hard partying gods resulting in the destruction of Earth kinda sucks :razz:
Of course that was before they had come up with him being protector of the Earthrealm, and the realms thing at all. But I still think that one thing could (should?) be "corrected". Just thinking out loud :oops:

Scorpion and SubZero's endings are looking great! :-o
I know your one iron-rule is staying true to the original, but I think Raiden's ending should be re-written. That thing about him inviting other gods to join the tournament, and all that mayhem caused by the hard partying gods resulting in the destruction of Earth kinda sucks :razz:
Of course that was before they had come up with him being protector of the Earthrealm, and the realms thing at all. But I still think that one thing could (should?) be "corrected". Just thinking out loud :oops:

We can't mess with the awful story. Some people appreciate the nostalgia and cheesiness of the original storyline.

LaLuna where did you find this Goro Pic? Does it also have a view of him from the back?

^Great job on Sub-Zero. Excellent choice for background.

Maybe you guys can try his ending, it doesn't look too complicated.

1zdu3ro.png
161ynx5.png

First ending pic is face close up, and second looks like it's taken from
TYM winning pose (which was already done by Bleed) and multiplied.

Original TYM pose:
2mcimn4.png

Someone was asking earlier for Goro clay figure pics, I believe this is the actual one:

2d1aglu.jpg

Figure looks like it has red eyes indeed, but it was never shown in the game on purpose
(not even in the opening of MK2 where there's big picture of Goro and Shang) so I personally
am fine with his eyes being all black.

You guys should throw some gray colored ninjas into Sub-Zero's ending. At the time of the original game, I'm pretty sure it was meant to convey the color of the Lin Kuei uniform was strictly blue but now we know that is not the case. Maybe even include one of the ninjas in a lighter blue to hint at Kuai Liang. :)

Also, since you can clearly tell Goro's eyes were red on the original model, I think that adds even more credence to those of use wanting his eyes to be red now that this is an HD remake.

LaLuna where did you find this Goro Pic? Does it also have a view of him from the back?
I have no idea man. They popped up somewhere on the web and I saved it. Maybe MKSecrets or Boons twitter,
or even Curt Chiarelli himself posted it. edit: now that I think about it, they were posted in this thread
too, like 100 pages ago lol

Here:

2qvwhsy.jpg
ra9b10.jpg

Though his back wasn't green in the game(s):

5yu3b6.png

This is one of the unused sprites from MK1 (later used for MKTrilogy on consoles)

Last edited:
We can't mess with the awful story. Some people appreciate the nostalgia and cheesiness of the original storyline.

Plus the endings are all, "if this character has won the tournament." Like Shang Tsung's ending in MK2. Gotta like how it ends with "have a nice day!".

As far as the Sub-Zero's other clan members being different colors, we only found out LATER that there were others. In his bio for MK1 it does state that not much is known about his origins (or scorpion in his bio). What we find out later on, should not be a part of MK1's storyline. It would be like reading the first book in a series and having the back cover telling you what happened in the other books. The original keeps a certain mystery.

Scorpion's eyes being white or human, if you were going for 100% accuracy to the original then no they wouldn't be white, but I think it hardly matters in the end. Scorpion looks good no matter what his eyes are. Same goes for Goro, it doesn't really matter if they are red or black. Goro looks good.

Didn't get a lot of time to work on Sub this weekend, but I did tonight. I should have something for you to look at tomorrow. G'Nite!

Wow those are some rare photos, glad you grabbed them when you did. I can't find them anywhere else. I'm still not happy with Goro...I'm messing with him a bit to get closer to the original.

Alright, I got sub looking way better than I had it before, too many different things to explain but I think most of them are obvious.
Sub_OldSmall.jpg Sub_NewSmall.jpg

And for comparison (notice faces are all slightly different in the new edit..)
122n9g4.gif

Note: they're not actually as overly sharp as they appear in these pictures, maybe clicking them to see the full size would be better? The animated GIF almost looks more correct. lol

Last edited:
Everything is so...quiet...this smells not good :/

Just busy doing the happy dance as I see the ending screenshots coming together, lol. Guess I lost track of time. Doing a few uvs for Sonya, it takes forever, and I think its the only boring part of 3d modeling.
Edit: Nice skin shading on the new Sub-Zero ending.

I saw some Scorpions in the dropbox, I'll assume those are for the Scorpion portrait re-do.

Just busy doing the happy dance as I see the ending screenshots coming together, lol. Guess I lost track of time. Doing a few uvs for Sonya, it takes forever, and I think its the only boring part of 3d modeling.
Edit: Nice skin shading on the new Sub-Zero ending.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.

Last edited:
That looks great man, new edit is much better.
I like the background, slight differences on other ninjas, fist looks better,
mask texture... the only thing that seems to be missing is the fine texture
on black cloth he had on Select screen picture. Nevertheless, looks great!

Alright, I got sub looking way better than I had it before, too many different things to explain but I think most of them are obvious.
View attachment 3784 View attachment 3785

And for comparison (notice faces are all slightly different in the new edit..)
122n9g4.gif

Note: they're not actually as overly sharp as they appear in these pictures, maybe clicking them to see the full size would be better? The animated GIF almost looks more correct. lol

Show the ending screen with the new edit :D

That looks great man, new edit is much better.
I like the background, slight differences on other ninjas, fist looks better,
mask texture... the only thing that seems to be missing is the fine texture
on black cloth he had on Select screen picture. Nevertheless, looks great!

Yeah, I work on it on a large scale and sometimes show it extra large, unfortunately you loose a bit of those tiny "holes" in the texture of the black cloth when bringing it down to scale. He's actually larger in the select screen portrait than the vertical ending so it shows up a tiny bit better there, but not by much. You should see the texture in all its glory in the horizontal ending, though. :)

Show the ending screen with the new edit :D

MK1-HD_END-V-samp.jpg