Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

ok, here you have the lifebar and the names: http://www.multiupload.com/35EGEWTNPF
i gotta go now. if someone want to trace the others i'll post them tomorrow ;)

With regard to the sound..is it possible to get the sounds ripped seperately from the actual game without the music playing..I can't seemed to access it through mame. If someone found a way to rip all the animations from the original arcade than I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to rip the sound fx as well..right?
sounds and music can be ripped with M1, also is easier using Bridge. i have them and i had riped a lot of mk sounds :p

Yeah I was going to say if he posts the fonts\names\however they are stored for the game someone can give a crack at vectorizing them. Preferably at a large size and scale them down rather than at the same size as they where originally defeating the purpose of remaking them for HD.

If someone could lovingly hand trace them in illustrator that would probably be the best thing. I just did a quick and dirty vectorizing in a web site to the actual bar clipped from the screenshot here as an example. Then I messed around with the drop shadows via the gimp.

I downloaded them but I'm sure a pro at illustrator could do a better job than I.

Last edited:
Wow, I just downloaded every single sound from the Original Arcade game....can't believe I found it. I'm sending this and the stage to you Interloko. The only thing missing is the music..I can't find that anywhere but on Youtube.

throne_room_HD.jpg

This is the final stage with all included comments. I think I'll take a crack at redrawing the fonts. I've got nothing better to do.

I think I'll work on the Monk stage next if that's OK with you badmouse. I know you are doing Warriors Shrine and Goro's Lair. I think you mentioned you were working on the bridge and pit stage?

Hi, yeah. Im with Warrior Shrine, Goro Lair and The Pit/Bottom.

You can try to make Palace Gates or The Courtyard. the problem we will have with it is that Palace Gates, The Courtyard and Warrior Shrine share parts, and will be better if we really share the same style.

Anyway im super busy in my job so im stoping to work ATM, so i can update my Warrior Shrine later based in your style.

Hi Sub-Zera, badmouse was doing the Pit last I heard...if you do palace gates..see if you can grab the concrete feature he built for the warriors shrine, he should be able to provide it to you in a format that is usable.

Hey Badmouse, I'm going to take on the Court yard with the monks which I don't hink shares assets with the anything. But SubZera could probably use some of your 3D Assets.

That looks pretty good.. the only thing is the red bar where it's empty should have some grain to it. The main difference between it and MK2's comparitively speaking are the words not having a gradient in MK1 and there's no stone surrounding the health bar.... I mean look closely at the bars here: http://ui04.gamespot.com/579/mk1ss05_2.png

But yeah I'm really liking the looks of that.

Got rid of my post earlier since it's not needed.

Last edited: