Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Mrmos3s, you might want to start on creating the ending screens for Scorpion. Not sure if you can dig up a good image for fire or not but it'd be worth looking around for sooner rather than later. You can also start on Subzero's character select portrait BG.

Bleed is there a 3ds Max file of Scorpion (with bones) anywhere up on Dropbox? I can start creating some of the static poses need for the ending screens. If the file is too huge for Dropbox I also have Google Drive. Let me know if you want to store large source files up on Google Drive instead, you'll just need to share a folder with me.

http://mkw.mortalkombatonline.com/mk1/scorpion/

MK1 Scorpion 3D file is now in Drop box. In it's own .zip file named MK1Scorp_3dfile.

Last edited:
This project, all this work and the people involved are amazing and inspiring :hail: Kudos, everyone. I visit this thread every day, but since I probably have nothing to contribute, I never post anything. I kinda stalk Bleed @youtube and dA, but that's it. LOL.

aaaah hahahaha thank you, that's good to know :vroam:

K, so tomorrow I'll make the next animation, air punch.

Last edited:
Hey Bleed, I hate to be a bother but would you mind saving down the scorp file to Max2010?

You can do that now since Max 2011. Just got to File->Save As->Max 2010.

Sorry for the trouble...but I was trying to download the max 2013 demo and it has just been super slow, plus that will only last for a

month.

aaaah hahahaha thank you, that's good to know :vroam:

K, so tomorrow I'll make the next animation, air punch.

Bleed you are the best, thank you!

Mrmos3s, grab this .png. You will probably need to tweak Scorps color a bit.

SCORPION_ENDING_TORMENTED.png

The file is now replaced, for max2010

That's weird, the yellow didn't render right. If the file is in Drop box, I'll render it over here and see what's wrong.

The hands need to b fixed in Photoshop, with the liquify tool and probably some hand painting.

Same thing for any other part that doesn't look so close to the one sprite.

Yeah I'd assume MrMos3s has Photoshop Liquify skills. As for the coloring..

Can you walk me through it? The file you gave me by default renders Subzero Blue. I eyedropped the material onto an empty material slot. Saw you were using a composite material so I reduced Subzero blue to = 0 and Left Scorp Yellow at 100% is that wrong?

I'll drop the file back up there for you if I can't get it right.

That's weird, the yellow didn't render right. If the file is in Drop box, I'll render it over here and see what's wrong.

The hands need to b fixed in Photoshop, with the liquify tool and probably some hand painting.

I have it render blue, to work as a blue screen. After adding the palette to the render in Photoshop, the color is changed to Yellow with a yellow palette to replace the making blue palette.

I think the pose is spot on. But yeah, yellow is too bright.
His hands, especially fists look like they are made of wax,
I guess that can be easily corrected in PS.

If you are that good add me on ps3: Tieigo0
(dont send a empy friend request)
Lets see if you are that big like your ego is xD

I gave my xbox away im 26 years old not 10,The PC is my only gaming platform now.So when your done having gay thoughts about nathan drake accept the friend request i sent you in steam.Unless of course your to scared.

Affirmative, I assume I'm waiting for your re-render?

No, calactyte wants to figure it out.

I have a color correction map, linked to the diffuse color, making the yellow turn blue in 3ds.Max.

To make a render that doesn't work with the palettes, all you need to do is turn off the color correction.

Open the Material Editor and find the "vest" Shader

Follow the Diffuse color slot's link to the Composite Map #68

Follow the link from there to the color correction Map #309

Open that color correction map, and change the "Hue Shift" value from 180 to 0

That's all, now render.

Hue Shift = 180 make the vest turn blue, and it's what I'm using for masking.

;=======================================================
To make a normal sprite, render as blue. Add the masking palette to the render in Photoshop.
The palettes are the .act files in Scorpion.zip

[Recording a Photoshop action for this, let's you convert every render to a sprite with one click]

Step 1 = Render from max, save as .png with a transparent background.
.png
RGB 24bit
Alpha channel = on
Interlaced = off

Note: Max's background color needs to be Black or you'll get an outline on the character, when converting to a sprite.

Step 2 = Open the render in Photoshop, and convert the image to indexed color, 256, none forced, transparency on.

Step 3 = Change the color swatch to the masking pink, # f600ff

Step 4 = convert the image back to RGB

Step 5 = Fill in the background with Pink color # f600ff

Step 6 = Convert the image to indexed color, this time choosing custom palette. Load the masking palette and apply it.

Step 7 = Image > Mode > Color Table

Load the yellow palette now, and apply it.

That's it, now the sprite is done, save it as .pcx

Last edited:
I would take that pose and Sculpt it in Zbrush, to match the sprite better. Forget the bones, just save it as a posed .obj, and make some adjustments.