Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Can't change the model now, it's too far along. The shin guards are actually supposed to be like that, I modeled them from some HD behind the scenes reference. It looks like cloth in the game, because the resolution for the sprites is too low, and you can't see the details.

Low punches from that list are made, but I need to re do them. I'm not too happy with how they came out.

You must be a super hero or something...i almost dont have time to do my stuff, i cant imagine me using that programs and making many models to games like mugen...

Wasnt this what u where asking to la luna?

Last edited:
sonya stand pose.jpg quick update... pose based on sonya reference. made the arms slightly larger (may have to make the arm a bit longer). hair etc painted on since they arent modeled yet. edit: hmmm noticed the neck may be a little long and the head small for the body.

View attachment 3634 quick update... pose based on sonya reference. made the arms slightly larger (may have to make the arm a bit longer). hair etc painted on since they arent modeled yet. edit: hmmm noticed the neck may be a little long and the head small for the body.

Looking good Demonseed! I agree that the neck is a bit too long.

As a side note, Goro texturing is finished. I made his eyes a little larger per comments. I'm about ready to hit rigging phase.

GORO_TEST_B.jpg

View attachment 3634 quick update... pose based on sonya reference. made the arms slightly larger (may have to make the arm a bit longer). hair etc painted on since they arent modeled yet. edit: hmmm noticed the neck may be a little long and the head small for the body.

Nice DEMONSEED, looking good so far!

I think the proportion may need tweaking. I was going to say slightly longer arms, a bit more broad shoulders and a little larger head, but now I'm thinking maybe her mid section just needs to be a little smaller? Also I think the hips need widened slightly at the top and pant line brought down a tiny bit.

While in her fighting stance I know you can hardly see her tummy, but that may be because she's slightly crouched? I'm not sure.

Here are a couple decent references.
sonya1.jpg sonya2.jpg sonya3.jpg

It's getting better with every update.

If you are having trouble with the proportions, overlay a render with a chart of human proportions.

SonyaMK1.jpg

cool. thanks. these pics def help. edit: ok the face and neck easy fix. i'll work on the arms and shoulders, lower the cloth on her waist and depending based on the reference pic most likely shorten up the legs. easy fix. Cant wait to get started in Zbrush though!!!!

Last edited:
Looking good Demonseed! I agree that the neck is a bit too long.

As a side note, Goro texturing is finished. I made his eyes a little larger per comments. I'm about ready to hit rigging phase.

GORO_TEST_B.jpg

Goro is perfect for me no, the blood made the touch too, Shang tsung says, FINISH HIM!

Pull anim, first pass, gonna spend some time today, getting this in mugen to up a vid with the spear and uppercut.

I'm itching to get it working >D

The rope will have to be re done to match his hands. The position is different from UMK3, but that's something to fix in the future.

MK1_Scorp_SpearToss_pull.gif

Last edited:
Wow! I love it!!! I can't wait to see a video of this all running together.

Pull anim, first pass, gonna spend some time today, getting this in mugen to up a vid with the spear and uppercut.

The rope will have to be re done to match his hands. The position is different from UMK3, but that's something to fix in the future.

Looks great, can wait to see it in action!

Bleed I thought you solved the flickering cloth issue, lol. I don't think it'll show in the game anyway, but if you figure it out I'd like to know how you solved the problem. And the animation looks great.

Hey Bleed,

Quick question on rigging. For Goro, I have his shorts, belt and foot wraps as different objects. Do I need to combine those somehow first? How can I make the bones effect his shorts and his skin at the same time? Is this something I would do in zBrush? I've been searching online for a tutorial but I can't find anything that talks about rigging clothing onto the body. Any help you can provide will be helpful.