Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I added a folder in the team folder for extra stuff.

Things like the Hell stage I'm working on now, can go in there so anybody can play around with it.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I've begun getting Goro into 3DS Max from Gojira's original zBrush model. I'm going to start rigging him up. Gojira did a beautiful job of maintaining a nice clean mesh so rigging should be easier. I'm just tweaking the SSS shader in Vray so that his skin looks a little more realistic.

Nice one calactyte! Are you able to show us some screenshot of the that Goro model for a little Nerdgasm. It's been a long since we saw it. .

I added the 'Scorpion_Portrait_Parts.psd' with all eyes as layers to the folder, also added a layer of your clouds but with a little closer hue to the originals. I like both versions, I'll leave that up to you.

I did a little better on compressing my images for the forum too, sorry about that...
(altered cloud hue on left)

Scorpion_Portrait_Parts.jpgScorpion_Portrait_Parts2.jpg

goro22.jpg

This is Gojira's work, for the new members

I have a Zip file with Scorpion's sprites in the MK1HD folder, you can put any updated sprites inside that .zip file.

When Interloko downloads the files, everything goes at once.

I have a Zip file with Scorpion's sprites in the MK1HD folder, you can put any updated sprites inside that .zip file.

When Interloko downloads the files, everything goes at once.

Does this include my touch-ups? or strictly the fighting sprites?

It's funny that you should mention it, because I'm seeing one stupid seam in the whole model right now and it is pissing me off.
I felt I had to flip the green channel just to get it look right but now I might switch it back and see if the seam goes away. So thanks for the timely and prescient info Bleed.

I found a way to fix normal map rendering in max a couple days ago. There was a problem I ran in to with the seams showing up in max, but looking fine in other programs.

First thing to check is if the Green color channel is flipped in the normal map.

If that doesn't fix it, go to Customize > Preferences > Gamma and LUT

Turn off "Enable Gamma/LUT Correction

In case anybody needs that info, it fixed the problem for me.

I'm starting the spear toss animation today.

I know, it was driving me crazy too. You may need to do both, flip the green channel and change the Gamma setting.

Any final sprites for Scorpion go in the Scorpion.zip file.

Your observation is correct, but I think Goro is done with the modeling. MKGojira isn't around to work on him any more, so that it. If it's really a problem, I can make an edit to the head otherwise we should move on.

sonya wip v2 001.jpgsonya wip v2 002.jpgsonya wip v2 003.jpg 1.jpgwork in progress day 2. updates are: 1. made the distance from eyes to nose greater. turned the nose up slightly to see a bit of the nostrils. 3.ears imported to scene, will be tweaked, then attached to the head. 4. a bit more work done to the eyes. still lots to go on that. working on: making the face look more feminine, younger, and working on the eyes. edit: i can see the eyes need to be changed looking at more reference. the one i was using was a youtube vid where sonya battles johnny cage, but the face expressions look a bit odd.

Last edited:
It's getting there, I wonder how are you editing the face, classic style or sculpting?

I find it helps to get the mesh modeled quickly with the classic method, later tweaking it with Zbrush without adding subdivisions.

Jumping back and forth, from your traditional to sculpting package.

This Reference tool is pretty nice to work with.
http://www.digitalartistguild.com/misc/UtilityExplain/UtilityExplain.html
Thanks!! I'll check it out. I ended up working on this mostly in Maya... took it into Zbrush for a few minutes to tweak then brought back into Maya. I'll try Zbrush a bit more then.
Edit: Zbrush definitely speeds things up. Tried it a bit more just now and I got the face to look more feminine and made a few tweaks to the nasolabial fold and eyes.

Last edited:
I think Goro looks amazing and (dare I say?) even better than the original. Changing him at this point I think would be slight overkill. Good points though.

The spear toss is almost ready, I'm working on the cloth now.

The pull animation hasn't been started yet.

Good work Bleed.

I fixed up Goro's head per comments I read before. Also I've created a custom SSS skin shader and dropped a preliminary version Goro in max. See the result below. I'm going to work on making his skin and foot cloth dirty looking. Also will reduce the belt cloth saturation and add some dirt there as well. Check out what we've got for phase 1 though.

GORO_TEST.jpg

0_0 niceeeeeeeeeee. Goro looks insane!!
full body rough edit 001.jpgfull body rough edit 002.jpg Veryyyyy rough edit of Sonya. I wanted to see how the new face would look on the body with a pose. (dont mind the verts going thru polys, it was a quick edit) edit: If the pics are showing up small, right click save as it'll show the image larger.

Last edited:
GORO_TEST.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dude...the eyes...The whole face looks alike the original, but the eyes are just small, i mean...Maybe if you put the eyes 2% bigger, should make the diference

Last edited: