Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Ultimately I think it will be the lighting that will determine the success of this set piece. Getting the glow of the lava on it is key.

The skull has what looks like a Spade symbol on the forehead, so I just made it.

Looking at it again now, It's the result of a mirrored texture, on their 3d model.

I'm using a regular tablet.

SkullDoorWay.png

Hey guys, keep up the excellent work!!

Not sure if there would be a place for me in this 3D project, but I'm pretty good with pixels or anything photoshop related as I've been using photoshop for around 15 years (8 professionally,) and pixel drawing before that. Oh, and I've been an MK fanboy since my teens (30 now.)

I've posted this picture of my HD-ized Scorpion before. This took just about 2 hours and was done for fun, I'm sure with a little more time and an actual goal I could make it look even more authentic.

new-hd-scorp.jpg

I know you mentioned that you want to use 3D models so that it all matches, but I also thought about how the fighter screen portraits in the original MK were a little more color saturated and "cartoony" than the actual fighting models also.

Anyway, just throwing that out there, even if you needed help with something small, like HD (not 3D unfortunately) blood droplets or whatever else my skills could be put to good use for.

Of course, if you guys don't need this and are set and happy with how things are going, I'm also more than happy to sit back and watch this masterpiece happen. =)

Keep up the good work either way!

P.S. I would explode with happiness if this were able to be ported to a Mac, but won't get my hopes up ;)

YES we can use your help. Specifically with the Photoshop work of the ending screens. Maybe you can get La luna to export scorpion's ending screens for you. Then have bleed pose the base body and render. The rest would be clever photoshop work.

Hey guys, keep up the excellent work!!

Not sure if there would be a place for me in this 3D project, but I'm pretty good with pixels or anything photoshop related as I've been using photoshop for around 15 years (8 professionally,) and pixel drawing before that. Oh, and I've been an MK fanboy since my teens (30 now.)

I've posted this picture of my HD-ized Scorpion before. This took just about 2 hours and was done for fun, I'm sure with a little more time and an actual goal I could make it look even more authentic.

View attachment 3585

I know you mentioned that you want to use 3D models so that it all matches, but I also thought about how the fighter screen portraits in the original MK were a little more color saturated and "cartoony" than the actual fighting models also.

Anyway, just throwing that out there, even if you needed help with something small, like HD (not 3D unfortunately) blood droplets or whatever else my skills could be put to good use for.

Of course, if you guys don't need this and are set and happy with how things are going, I'm also more than happy to sit back and watch this masterpiece happen. =)

Keep up the good work either way!

P.S. I would explode with happiness if this were able to be ported to a Mac, but won't get my hopes up ;)

Then character select screen may be like this:
selectp.png

(Scorpion and Sub-Zero based on work of MrMos3s because it`s better then I have)

Last edited:
The skull has what looks like a Spade symbol on the forehead, so I just made it.
SkullDoorWay.png

Here's the pic without powerbars and character sprites to better show what you mean:

2yx4sg5.png

Maybe it's just the angle, but horns look a bit longer on the original Bleed.

I'm finishing up some massive projects, (one that I've been working on for a little over two years) and after they're done I'll be jumping back in to make more music.

That's great to hear man. Can't wait to hear more goodness from you.

Maybe you can get La luna to export scorpion's ending screens for you. Then have bleed pose the base body and render. The rest would be clever photoshop work.

Sure thing. I know it's not a significant help but if anybody needs anything ripped
from the old games (especially MK1) let me know.

There's some interesting Select screen options thrown here, but to be honest
Bleeds job is still the best looking imo:

Select_Portrait03.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I'd have to agree with you there. I hadn't seen his re-done 3D portrait yet.

Well, I'm still here for any touch-ups or anything else you may need. Let me know =)

Here's the pic without powerbars and character sprites to better show what you mean:

2yx4sg5.png

Maybe it's just the angle, but horns look a bit longer on the original Bleed.

That's great to hear man. Can't wait to hear more goodness from you.

Sure thing. I know it's not a significant help but if anybody needs anything ripped
from the old games (especially MK1) let me know.

There's some interesting Select screen options thrown here, but to be honest
Bleeds job is still the best looking imo:

Select_Portrait03.jpg

Oh that's good without the life bars in the way, thanks.

I can make the horns a bit longer, and that shape on it's forehead has been removed. I didn't really care for it in the first place, I just made what I saw more or less.

That's an incredible render of "Scorpion" in the "Choose Your Fighter" Screen. Looks as close as you can get to the original render, the only thing that I would say that could be edited would be the pupils of the eyes could be filled in to be black. In terms of the Life Bars, "I really like the way they were rendered in the original MK1. I don't see the need to change it that much but I know that's like a minor detail. I'm pretty sure however it's rendered it'd still be great.

These are some good renders...although I think the picture of Raiden can be improved upon...He looks like he's starring out into space constipated and straining. I would think the original pose he had in MK1 was better positioned. Sub-Zero looks like an exact replica of Scorpion's original pose....Again the original pose he had in MK1 was awesome. Kano looks like he's concentrating on something out in space again. The sinister pose he had in MK1 was picture perfect. Cage and Liu Kang look okay....I just feel that with all the pictures that the characters should be in some sort of fighting stance or pose....they look like they're just staring out into space trying to figure out where they are from the looks of their pose. I like the authenic picture they included with Sonya too. She looks to have a real picture instead of it being animated.

I was trying some MAME cheats for UMK3 today and messed around in Photoshop, might as well post results here.
Maybe it can be used as reference for Scorpions Hell. This is my first attempt at ripping something from UMK3.

zvbvv6.gif

t63xw1.png

1zy7rle.png

Hey Bleed, would something like this be possible?

I didn't alter your original shape or textures, I just added a little more abrupt lighting to his mask and shoulder, made his face a bit more pale and brightened the whites of his eyes. I also added the pupils but I know that's up for debate. Personally, even though it was probably a mistake in the original, I liked his creepy glare..

altered-scorpion.jpg

Looks good to me, I'm not bothered by the edits. If it turns out people like it this way, It's cool with me.

Take a vote on it maybe.

I was trying some MAME cheats for UMK3 today and messed around in Photoshop, might as well post results here.
Maybe it can be used as reference for Scorpions Hell. This is my first attempt at ripping something from UMK3.

etc.

Yoink!

By any chance, can you see collision boxes in Mame?

Last edited:
Note everyone before saying that scorpion with regular eyes is better, see that he is allready a spectre in MK1, he was killed by quan chi disguised as sub-zero, wich that ocurred in a clan war before mk1...

Nevermind my outstanding companions

Now lets talk a little bit of Sub zero...Bleed, you have said some time ago that you had something made of sub zero, do you allready made his iceball throwing stance (the stance that he makes when you do the ice ball [Sorry bad english again :/])

Are there any more 'choose your fighter' portraits as complete as the new Scorpion?

I have a dropbox and my email is mrmos3s@gmail.com, incase anyone wants to give me a shot at some serious touchups. :D

By any chance, can you see collision boxes in Mame?
There's no cheat for that, at least not to my knowledge. There is a program that works
with Mame I believe, it's called Hitbox viewer or something like that. I remember seeing
some Street Fighter videos with it on YT. Not sure how or if that works with MK.

The cheats I'm messing around with are just graphic stuff, like removing layers one by one,
walk through invisible stage walls, removing UI, invisible sprites etc.

As for the Scorpion, I think he looks million times better without (or with very transparent) pupils.
I think there is no need for touching Bleeds render, it's just perfect the way it is IMO.

Nope only portrait we started was Scorp. When Bleed gets a chance perhaps he can render the pose for you of Subzero's character portrait so that you can begin working on that.

Are there any more 'choose your fighter' portraits as complete as the new Scorpion?

I have a dropbox and my email is mrmos3s@gmail.com, incase anyone wants to give me a shot at some serious touchups. :D