Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Looking awesome Bleed! I feel like I say the same comment over and over.

Here's something, needs to be smoothed out and general clean up, but just to show some progress...

MK1Scorp_dizzy_wip.gif

Not to be rude or offensive, but this Esoteric person is blasting this thread with all of his ideas. Almost like it's his game and he's telling people what to make. As it's been stated before, this ISN'T another mugen mortal kombat edit. It's an HD version of the ORIGINAL MK1.

I think that at least he should ask if the remake guys were open to so many suggestions. But still this is clearly a remake, not an entirely new game.

Anyway, the dizzy animation is good Bleed. It just needs a bit of smoothing. I think that this is one of the hardest animation to make, mostly because it is looping.
Just one little thing that I noticed. The right hand' fingers and the right thigh are intersecting at one point.

Yeah, his right hand seems to be, what is the term, clipping?
And fingers on his left hand should look a little more relaxed.
No doubt it will look great when finished.

@ Everyone on thread...

I wasn't trying to blast this thread with demands on how the characters should be created....I just posting some ideas of how to revamp the characters with different gameplay and new looks that would bare resemblence to the Asian themed look of MK1. If you take these ideas as some sort of disrespect or intrusion then I won't post anymore ideas then...and the moderator can erase the posts that were made.

We are updating the graphics, not the game play. Your ideas are not offensive, simply off topic.

Don't feel hated, it's a simple correction, a tap on the shoulder is all...

@ Everyone on thread...

I wasn't trying to blast this thread with demands on how the characters should be created....I just posting some ideas of how to revamp the characters with different gameplay and new looks that would bare resemblence to the Asian themed look of MK1. If you take these ideas as some sort of disrespect or intrusion then I won't post anymore ideas then...and the moderator can erase the posts that were made.

No one is offended. The ideas are cool, just not the right thread for them. I can see your are a passionate MK fan so you are certainly at the right website.

i dont want to come across as annoying or a pain , but i just had a quick question, about how much % is the game complete.

i dont want to come across as annoying or a pain , but i just had a quick question, about how much % is the game complete.
Off the top of my head, as far as I know,

Stages - I'd say stages are about 90% complete.
Pretty much all are done, but there will be some additional touch-ups
I believe.

Projectiles - all done except Goros which will probably be finished soon.
edit: not sure about Scorpions spear?

Models - Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden by Bleed are done.
Goro is completed I think by Mortal Gojira. He also started working
on Shang Tsung and Liu Kang but went MIA shortly after, so they
are unfinished at the moment.

Animations - Scorpion / Sub-Zero is about 30% done.

Coding - I have no idea. You'll have to ask interloko about that.

Music - Few remixes by Justin Slaugter, I think 2 or 3 themes.

There's still a looong way to go, but it will be worth waiting.

Probably about 47% now if we're being optimistic. It's all relative to what your perception of complete is.

Mostly Completed:

95% All Background Stages (need to fix guards, need remaining character statues in Warrior's shrine)
Life Bars and 85% of all Attract Mode, Ending, Scoreboard and other screens.
All Test your might objects and the environment
95% of all Projectiles (Missing Goro's)
All in game Finish Him/Finish Her/Fight Text animations

Needs to be completed:

Raiden: 25% (modeled, rigged but needs texture and animations)
Scorpion: 70% (needs remaining animations)
Subzero: 65% (needs remaining animations)
Reptile: 65% (needs remaining animations)
Cage: 5% (not finished modeling)
Sonya 30% (not finished modeling)
Kano: ?? (not finished modeling)
Lui Kang: ?? (not finished modeling)
Goro: 40% (modeled and textured but needs rigging and animation)
Shang: ?? (not finished modeling) (all Shangs morphing animations)

All Blood Animations
All Finishing Move Animations
Character Select Portraits (We have Scorpion's completed)
Attract Mode Animation for each character
Ending graphics for each character(though the actual story text and frame for each ending is complete)
All game code
All music/sfx code

That's about it.

Ok thankyou calactyte and la_luna for the reply much appreciated, I totally agree with you when you say it's worth waiting, btw this project is AMAZING keep it up guys

I'm just going to throw this out there though I'm sure it is probably a bad idea.

What would you guys think about us starting a Kick Starter campaign for this project? Donations aren't actually profit earned from the game. I'm not saying I'm going to run out and do this, but just kicking around the idea. We really can't accept payment for this game or we'd certainly be shutdown. But what if this money that was donated went toward establishing a "game development studio" dedicated to Mortal Kombat HD remakes. It could be used to buy the team new computers (so we can render things faster) and it can also be used to purchase UDK licenses to make our own fighting games in the future. I can only wonder about the legality of such things. As it is, if we tried selling these remakes we'd get shutdown and I'm NOT willing to risk that to make a few bucks. I know we could probably generate $20,000-$50,000 in kickstarter cash if the community is able to support us.

What do you think? Bad idea right?

Ok thankyou calactyte and la_luna for the reply much appreciated, I totally agree with you when you say it's worth waiting, btw this project is AMAZING keep it up guys