Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I definitely think this current render is very well crafted!!! Really good work. If I could offer some constructive criciticism, I would say that based on my short observations of the "Palace Gates" backdrop. I would say that guardians standing post, seem to have to be a little bit too small in porportion to the rest of the backdrop. I would see if there's anyway to make them slightly bigger or taller. Also in this render, the Buddha Statue, has his right hand looking reversed and 2-Dimensional. I think there could be a greater detail to bring out an overall depth to the piece. Also the statue on the far right side of the statue, there's a small open space on the statue's sleeve flap where you can see the pink door. It would give the statue an appearance of a grey cloth. I would try to fill in that space with more stone to give it an authenic statue/stone like appearance in the game.

Those are my two cents....from first glance.

Other than that, I think y'all are doing an incredible job!!!! Please keep up the good work!!!!

Yeah, I agree with more care in detail towards the Fatalities. I would just suggest that also for an example with Sub-Zero's classic Spine Rip fatality that, instead of him just ripping off their head casually like he did in MK1, why not have him grapple his opponent's neck and gradually freeze their head into a liquid nitrogen state and then yank down on the neck as if to mimick ripping off a frozen head and then hoisting up to the camera with the spine dangling and dripping with blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there,

The Guardians will eventually be redone. They were done quickly when I was pretty novice at zBrush. I'm still fairly novice but much better than I was. The stone space between the cloth has been addressed and fixed in the final rendering. Thanks for your comments.

I definitely think this current render is very well crafted!!! Really good work. If I could offer some constructive criciticism, I would say that based on my short observations of the "Palace Gates" backdrop. I would say that guardians standing post, seem to have to be a little bit too small in porportion to the rest of the backdrop. I would see if there's anyway to make them slightly bigger or taller. Also in this render, the Buddha Statue, has his right hand looking reversed and 2-Dimensional. I think there could be a greater detail to bring out an overall depth to the piece. Also the statue on the far right side of the statue, there's a small open space on the statue's sleeve flap where you can see the pink door. It would give the statue an appearance of a grey cloth. I would try to fill in that space with more stone to give it an authenic statue/stone like appearance in the game.

Those are my two cents....from first glance.

Other than that, I think y'all are doing an incredible job!!!! Please keep up the good work!!!!

Very creative:) I like it, but the mantra from the very beginning is to deviate as little as possible from the original animation and graphics. So if it isn't in the original, it won't likely be in this version either.

This is cool render, but again to offer a simple opinion...I think Raiden being as he's takes on the Elder Statesmen type of figure in the video game. I think he would be cool if he had a robe such as an Abbot in Shaolin Temple. A goodexample of what I would be talking about would be the robe garments that Miroku wears in the anime, Inuyasha just with the inclusion of a black hood and the straw hat.

Raiden's Costume 4.jpg

I think this would give him an elder statesman like feel, with also giving him an authoritative yet divine look to himself personally. I would also like it if like in MK1 & MK2 that he had electrical currents pulsating off his body from his fighting stance.

This is a Excellent render, I would say in contrast to the original screenshot, Scorpion looks to have his hands clasping into open palms instead of the closed fists when readying himself for "Test Your Might". I know that's a small and minor detail, but it looks to be a detail that can be altered a bit.

Scorp_TYM.gif

This is just about the best 3D render of Scorpion you can get...the only minor adustments i see would be the shin guards. I would seem that they need to be a solid color and of a fabric based material instead of the way it's rendered here it looks to be made of plastic like some shin guards in soccer. Also the "V-Shaped Vest could be widened across the chest to look as if the they were converging into the loincloth below sort like a visual of a fork in the road. And finally, the belt around Scorpion's waist needs to have wrinkles as if it were wrapped around his waist. It looks like the belt is just sitting on his waist instead of being wrapped around his waist.

kang8.jpg

If I could offer some constructive criticism with Liu Kang's render. Although I think this is coming along great....I would say that I think he should have some authenic kung-fu shoes like the old-school kung fu flicks. I also think that his pants should be loose fitting and flowing to provide room and ease for movement. It can be similar to the fight scene between Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris. Also his pants can showcase a moderately fitting sash in either red or yellow as alternate color wrapped around his waist like the fighters in the move "Bloodsport". And finally, I would offer that Liu Kang have some wrists guards covering his forearms.

In the "Warrior Shine" battlegrounds, I think a minor adjustment they could make that MK1 didn't have is to add both a statue of "Scorpion" and "Sub-Zero" although I know they would look the same in the game it would give credence to both of the ninja characters in the game. They could also make Shang Tsung a statue and make him the center piece in the arena to kind of pay homage to the original characters in the game.

SCORPION (revision finished)

Scorpion's Fighting Stance 2.gif

SCORPION’S SPECIALTY MOVES:
Standard Harpoon - Throws signature harpoon towards opponent to impale them in chest and pulls/drags his paralyzed opponent over to where he stands gliding his opponent across the ground instead of stumbling across the floor to execute additional hits/combos while opponent stands disoriented.

Reverse Harpoon – From close or mid-range, Scorpion takes a step forward with backside leg turning to face the his opponent parallel to the plane of their body and performs a series of quick hand motions and impales tip of harpoon in opponent’s chest from close range then throws/kicks opponent away from him either behind him or away from him towards the wall in front of him with a thrusting both of his hands in a quick push or with a front snap kick while they’re attached on rope to slam them on floor.

Ground Poke – From fighting stance, Scorpion thrusts his harpoon through the ground in a bent knee position only have it extend on the other side of the screen from the ground and to extend underneath his opponent’s feet to impale opponent in their upper torso causing opponent to clam up into a fetal position. He then recoils harpoon back in hand in swift motion and transitions into his fighting stance.

Ground Poke & Slam - From fighting stance, Scorpion thrusts his harpoon through the ground in a bent knee position and thrusts harpoon through the ground to have his harpoon extend out on the other side of the screen from the ground underneath his opponent’s feet to impale opponent in the back of his upper torso and propels opponent in air and then slam opponent with force to the ground causing opponent to bounce up and down against the ground on their back. Leaving opponents open for combos.

Teleport – Scorpion teleports leaving a blinking hologram imprint behind and transfers himself laterally across the screen behind his opponent, forward towards his opponent or to reappear and drop down vertically from the top of screen.

Upper Harpoon - Throws harpoon diagonally upwards towards a jumping opponent to impale them while in mid-air. Then Scorpion yanks his harpoon down to slam opponent on the ground diagonally past himself with force. Opponent bounces diagonally past Scorpion off the pavement from sudden impact of jerk bouncing off the ground directly behind him and leaving them open for combos yelling the phrase with ALOT of conviction “Get over here!” “Get down here!!” and “Come here!”

Tree of Life - Thrusts harpoon in crouching position down through the ground to extend on the other side of the screen from the ground underneath his opponent’s feet to strike opponent multiple times launching him in the air with each hit. Tip of harpoon impales opponent in mid-air interweaving across their body rapidly and hitting them multiple times to finally impale them in the back while in mid-air. Scorpion recoils harpoon back in his hand to jerk opponent down to the ground with force bouncing them up and down against ground.

Fighting Hologram – From standing position, Scorpion flings his intersecting arms backward and launches hologram an advancing image replica that executes a brief free-handed combo towards opponent then disappears in a blinking imprint.

Scorpion’s Tail - From mid to long range Scorpion thrusts harpoon in crouching position through the ground to extend on the other side behind opponent to impale them in the back paralyzing them where they stand and pushing his opponent forward a bit in mid-glide forward. It can be motioned similar to a Scorpion’s tail impaling its prey. The forward momentum can push his opponent forward with their arms outstretched and then he can pull his harpoon back by recoiling harpoon back in hand to jerk opponent backwards off their feet into a ground slam with force bouncing up and down slightly and disorienting his opponent to leave them open for a series of combos to follow up with a possible teleport.

Mid-Air Throw - Scorpion somersaults in the air to grab and throw his opponent leaning backward and thrusting his foot upward to launch his opponent up and over across the screen. Scorpion lands on his back face up and springs up with no hands to transition into his fighting stance. It can look exactly like the mechanics of his mid-air throw in MK2.

Chaotic Impale - Pulls his opponent by shoulder and thrusts his hand to the sternum of his opponent causing a multiple combo hit of Scorpion’s harpoon as it interweaves through the sternum and out of the back of his opponent, paralyzing them where they stand as they convulse from the multiple hits. He could then recoil the harpoon back into his hand while opponent drops to the floor on their knees, leaving them open for more combos to follow upon.

Hell-Spawn - Scorpion flings his intersecting arms backwards from fighting stance while a fiery inferno momentarily engulfs him and then disappears and forms his pupil eyes completely white. In this mode the physical punches and kicks have more impact with flashes of fire with each movement and he would move more quickly like being fast forwarded as if he were under the gun, in a state of panic/emergency or in a hurry. He also can perform a select few moves under this mode.

Whipper Snapper – Scorpion s back backside hand from fighting stance facing the camera, and throws his harpoon to impale his opponent in the chest. He then, instead of pulling the harpoon into him, he yanks down on the harpoon causing his harpoon to snap across the face of his opponent and have them grimacing in pain covering their face for a brief moment. This gives Scorpion an opportunity to execute a series of combos and hits on his disabled opponent.

Root Cause – Scorpion grabs his opponent by the hand and executes a half twist turning his back against the plane of his opponent’s body and throws them over his shoulder in a similar fashion as a Hapkido/Akido throw to the ground. While his opponent lies on the ground face up, Scorpion then kneels over their laid out body and thrusts into a crouching position on one knee driving his harpoon through the mid-section of his laid out opponent. The harpoon flows through his opponent’s chest as their body convulses from the multiple hits and then exits out the other side of the ground sporadically like a water geyser. Scorpion then recoils the harpoon back in his hand causing his opponent’s body to convulse once more from retracting the harpoon.

Ball Drop - From fighting stance, Scorpion, thrust his backside arm upwards towards the sky and launches his signature harpoon weapon towards the top the screen. He then yanks on the harpoon as leaverage device to launch himself into full fledged series of tightly knitted front somersaults in a rainbow like motion towards footbound opponent. He collapse into a kneeling disposition on top of his opponent on one knee pushing on their chest face up. He then throws a series of quick tempered punches to his opponent's face before transitioning into a forward groundroll away from his fallen opponent.

Scorpion's Flying Punch Pose or Teleport.gif

SCORPION’S FATALITY:
Flaming Harpoon - Throws signature harpoon towards opponent to impale them in the chest. He then takes off mask to blow a breath of fire on harpoon on the rope. The flame engulfs opponent in fire. Scorpion pauses for a second while opponent burns in flames. He then yanks flame engulfed harpoon from opponents chest back into hand to cause opponent to explode into different parts.

Flaming Skull - Flings his intersecting arms backwards and momentarily engulfs himself in fire before it disappears. He then takes off his mask revealing a flaming skull and blows a stream of fire at the feet of his opponent that engulfs and burns his opponent to death. Scorpion then strikes his winning pose and raises his right arm in victory to where the arm is slightly bent when raised in the air.

Hell Spawn – From long distance Scorpion flings his intersecting arms backwards and momentarily engulfs himself in fire going into to Hell Spawn Mode. He then performs a series of front and back handspring flips towards his opponent and in the end of the series of handsprings pops up into a series of front somersaults while spontaneously bursting into flames in mid-air. He then descends down into a flying punch to the ground and disperses a large backdraft of fire around his body that divides into two half circles above his head in mid-air and forms a large flaming skull. The skull then consequently dashes diagonally downward towards his disoriented opponent and explodes into a large backdraft of fire on the ground incinerating his opponent to thin air. Scorpion then strikes his winning pose.

SCORPION’S INTRO:
Scorpion ascends to the air from the ground in a backdraft of flames to land in a crouching position on one knee. He then stands into an outstretched posture with flames of fire rising off his body then disappearing. He then utters the phrase, “Somebody has to pay for what happened to the Shirai Ryu!”

SCORPION’S MID-MATCH TAUNT:
Scorpion flings his intersecting arms backwards by his waist igniting a flash of full body fire right before turning and walking back to his position on stage, adjusting his garments and then transitioning into his fighting stance.

SCORPION’S WINNING POSE:
Scorpion turns to the camera and raises his right arm in victory staring at the camera.

Scorpion's High Kick Mechanic.gif

SUB-ZERO (finished)

View attachment 3454

SUB-ZERO’S SPECIALTY MOVES:
Standard Freeze - Throws an ice projectile through his cusped hands towards his opponent and freezes them into an ice statue if not defended properly.

Deep Freeze – After a series of close knitted and fluid hand motions above/by his head to draw in the coldness from the air while taking a few steps in backwards in the process, Sub-Zero draws in a large amount of cold energy into himself to redirect and concentrate in a central focal point through his cusped hands and throws a ice ball projectile (dark blue) towards his opponent while also leaving a trail of snow/frost residue floating to the ground as it sails across the screen. It can be motioned very similar to the way Sub-Zero motions his "Exploding Ice Statue Fatality" in MK vs DC. It then freezes them into a thicker ice statue which allows a longer series of hits (12 hits approximately). This would make this move a little more difficult to execute successfully against a fast and elusive opponent. That way it wouldn’t take away the relevancy of the standard freeze being that that move would be easier to execute. The result of the deep freeze would be that the statue thaws out to a regular statue like the standard freeze after series of combos, gradually changing color from dark blue to light blue with each series of hits. Sub-Zero can then execute an additional series of combos after the deep frozen statue thaws into the standard frozen statue. The statue can thaw out with the series of hits like the mini-game portion of Street Fighter where the player throws a barrage of hits to breakdown the vehicle.

Slide - Slides in a motion across the ground on a smooth frozen trail of ice with his hands clasped together in front of him in the same formation that he currently has.

Frozen Hologram - From fighting stance in a standing position, Sub-Zero flings both of his intersecting arms at chest-level backwards past his waist which launches an advancing hologram image of himself that executes a brief series of punching/kicking combos towards his opponent similar to Sonya Blade’s current X-Ray without the bicycle kick. The hologram then freezes into an upstanding ice statue in a high punching pose and disappears in a blinking imprint of Sub-Zero. Touching the ice statue causes opponent to freeze into an ice statue leaving them open for combos.

Ice Hail Storm - Sub-Zero s back both of his hands to backside hip in the likeness of his ice ball move and throws a series of golf ball sized hail stones horizontally towards opponent from outstretched arms and open palm facing towards opponent causing a barrage of hits to the upper extremities of opponent.

Raining Hail Storm - Sub-Zero flings his forward arm facing camera to back shoulder and flings his extended arm forward and throws an ice ball in the air in a rainbow like motion that at the peak of the bell curve burst into shards of ice hail to rain golf ball sized hail stones on opponent on its way down.

Cold Shoulder – Skates/glides forward in a quick motion on his own smoothened ice trail to charge opponent in thinking man’s pose to collide into opponent with shoulder sending opponent back peddling similar to the motion that a cross check is motioned from an ice hockey player.

Frozen Cold Shoulder - Skates/glides forward in a quick motion on own smoothly surfaced ice trail to charge opponent in thinking man's pose and collides into his opponent. Upon impact Sub-Zero flashes into an ice casing of himself freezing his opponent into a stumbling back pose from the sudden sprinted motioning. Sub-Zero could then follow up with a series of free handed combos.

Teleport Freeze - Teleports either horizontally in front or behind his opponent or vertically in a drop down sequencing and leaves a blinking hologram imprint of himself behind that disappears after he teleports. Once transported Sub-Zero quickly flashes an ice casing of himself in mid-air in the pose of a flying punch either behind his opponent, teleporting in front of his opponent, or dropping down sequence from the top of the screen transitioning from a sommersault to a flying punching pose on the head to freeze his opponent in an ice statue when physically touched and not defended properly. Can be blocked or avoided.

Ice Clone – Flips, executes a back/side handspring or skips backwards and leaves a frozen image of himself behind that freezes opponent and disappears in a frozen blinking imprint of Sub-Zero.

Frozen Escape – Skates/glides backwards in a kneeling position on one knee with arms extended sideward slightly tilted perpendicular to the plane of the camera lens on his own ice trail to avoid opponent’s attacks or to provide room to recover from opponent's attacks.

Ground Freeze - Throws an ice ball projectile on ground with his front side knee raised directly from his cusped hands that forms a frozen puddle to lock opponent’s feet in place temporarily leaving opponent susceptible to combos and hits.

Reverse Freeze – Flash freezes himself in an ice casing image in his blocking stance which in turn freezes opponent if physically touched then immediately thaws out.

Ground Ice Picks - From fighting stance, Sub-Zero motions down into a crouching position and thrusts his hand to the ground in an open palm. This motion causes a stream of ice to race along the ground towards his opponent. The ice stream generates sequential knee-level sharpened picks of ice protruding upwards from the frozen ground stream propelling his opponent backwards with each stab for a possible air juggle combo. It can look similar to the move executed in the fight scene between Sub-Zero and Scorpion in the web series of MK.

Bear With Me – From fighting stance, Sub-Zero s back his forward side arm facing the camera, to backside shoulder and flings it towards his opponent to spray a gust of blizzard like ice mist that sails across the screen and expands into a large human sized cloud of mist which briefly takes on the flashing image of an upright holographic polar bear motioning in a maw and clawing movement towards his opponent before disappearing in a blinking imprint within the dissolving mist cloud scoring Sub-Zero with three slashes.

Dry Ice – From fighting stance, Sub-Zero flings his forward side arm towards his opponent and grapples their neck in a tightening grip while lifting them in the air slightly single-handedly. He then skips backward leaving a holographic blinking imprint of himself in the still stance of grappling his opponent while they struggle to loosen the image’s grip flinging their legs in the air. It could look like they were stuck in place as if it were an episode of freezer burn. Sub-Zero then can follow up with series of open-handed combos right before the holographic image disappears in a blinking imprint.

Freezer Burn - After a series of fluid motions by his head to draw in the coldness from the air, Sub-Zero redirects the cold energy through his punching hand and thrust his closed fist single-handedly into the mid-section of his opponent causing his opponent's flash freeze his whole body and then thawing down into the frozen mid-section of his opponent and onto Sub-Zero's closed fist. Sub-Zero then can thrust into a quick jab to his opponent's face with his free hand sending his opponent into a backwards stumble and at the same time yanking his closed fists away from his opponent's chest, ripping off a piece of their garments or bare skin and depleting a portion of their energy bar. This causes opponent to fall to his knees and clinched their chest region in agony while Sub-Zero can follow up with some hand-based combos or moves.

View attachment 3455

SUB-ZERO’S FATALITY:
Head Grip - Grapples opponent’s neck while they stand disoriented and slowly yet gradually freezes opponents head and neck region while they struggle to get loose from grip, then opponent’s arms drop to their side when head and neck region is fully frozen. Sub-Zero then rips off the head/spine from body like as if to be frozen by liquid nitrogen. Then his opponent’s headless body drops to the floor in a pool of blood.

Head Explosion - Grapples the neck of disoriented opponent and slowly freezing the head and upper extremities of upper torso with grappling hand. Opponent stiffens to fall down on their knees from the freezer burn. Sub-Zero then executes a roundhouse kick towards the camera shattering the head of his opponent into pieces and launching chunks of his head towards the camera.

SUB-ZERO’S MID-MATCH TAUNT:
Sub-Zero raises his right arm in victory slightly bent at the elbow and yells uttering the phrase “Gobeya!” while facing and looking down on his fallen opponent and then walks backwards to his fighting position in his fighting stance in a cool and calm level-headed mindset.

SUB-ZERO'S INTRO:
A full body shot cuts to Sub-Zero dropping down from the sky only to land with his head down in a crouching two point stance on one knee incased in ice. The ice casing then dissolves in the air like dry ice vapors revealing Sub-Zero in a crouching two point stance on one knee as he then ascends into a standing position uttering the phrase, "You don't know what I'm capable of." in a subtle yet cold and blank stare. He then transitions into his fighting stance. (Sound effects would be a whistling cold wind blizzard while the ice casing dissolves into the air.)

SUB-ZERO’S WINNING POSE:
Sub-Zero turns to the camera and raises his right arm in victory staring at the camera.

View attachment 3456

View attachment 3457

Last edited:
Hey guys, keep up the good work!

Also, if you have more to add to your original post, please use the edit button below your last post to do so instead of posting multiple times in a row. Thanks.

And... I'm still offering my services if you want them. I don't have any 3d stuff, but I could work on fatality bits and pieces, blood and wounds and such, since the final product is going to be in 2d. Let me know :)

I did a little work on the dizzy anim tonight, but it's not done yet. I'm wasting too much time with VF, trying to learn some combos and stuff. It's hard to pull my self away from it...

What about adding some sort of Krypt, where you can hide a lot of WIP screenshots like early versions of arenas or something? The other reason - the score can be less pointless with it.

That can't be done with mugen as far as I know, you don't have enough freedom to create a new kind of mode, and you can't save. If there is a score, it would probably reset every time the game is turned off. Unless by some chance Interloko found a way to do it, I don't know how.

Still this is MK1, the krypt was not in it so it won't be added. We are not adding extra stuff to MK1.

People are getting a little carried away here. It's an HD remake of the original MK1 arcade game not a normal MUGEN mortal kombat game with tonnes of added stuff. With that being said, it's still MUGEN. You have to work within the possibilities of the engine itself.

KANO (finished)

Kano's Motion Capture for Bio.gif

KANO’S COSTUME & ALTERNATE:
Kano, in much of the fashion he has in MK9, wears a traditional sleeveless black gi, with a brown leather strapped belt wrapped around his upper torso and a black t-shirt worn underneath his gi to hide the taco meat chest hair. He can also have a miniature belt wrapped around each shin to carry his throwing knives and he can wear traditional black pants and boots. His alternate can be his MK1 costume where he wears a traditional white sleeveless gi with white pants and brown boots and a miniature belt wrapped around each shin to carry his throwing knives and metal belt wrapped around upper torso. He can have his signature cybernetic eye and metal face with a haircut that highlights his receding hairline. He can also have a series of angelic tattoos on his bare arms to go with look. He can look very similar to picture shown below.

Kano's Primary  Costume.png

KANO’S SPECIALTY MOVES:
Aerial Black Dragon Punch - Performs a rising uppercut where the flash of a black dragon image wraps around his lower and upper part of his torso and punching hand as he ascends spiraling in the air.

Aerial Black Dragon Kick - Performs an aerial spinning front snap kick similar to the motion of a stationary but rising helicopter kick but there would be the flash of a black dragon image wraps around his lower and upper part of his torso and kicking leg as he ascends spiraling in the air.

Eye Beam - Places hand over cybernetic eye and shoots a red eye laser beam towards opponent leaving them grimacing in pain momentarily from the burn of the unblockable laser.

Aerial Eye Beam - Places hand over cybernetic eye and shoots a red eye laser beam diagonally upward towards his airbound opponent knocking them out of the sky and onto their back landing face up.

Cannonball - Jumps into a front sommersault and rotates in the sommersault towards his opponent for a sudden hit.

Aerial Cannonball - Jumps in mid-air into a front sommersault to descend down in a diagonally downward towards his opponent for a sudden hit.

Ground Cannonball - Jumps into a ground roll that glides across the ground knocking his opponent’s feet from underneath them like a bowling ball strikes a bowling pin.

Rainbow Cannonball - Jumps in mid-air into a front somersault rising upward and descends down on his opponent in a rainbow/bell curve like motion. This would be a variation of his standard cannonball move which would allow him to avoid projectiles thrown at him while performing this maneuver and also administer more damage to his opponent.

Knife Throw - Flings throwing knives across the screen to lacerate his opponent and boomerang back to his hands. Boomeranging back to hands can leave character open for combos from opponent and discourage spammed projectile attacks.

Upwards Knife Throw - Flings throwing knives upwards across the screen to lacerate his airborne opponent and ward off any spammed jumping attacks. The knives then boomerang back to his hands. Boomeranging back to hands can leave character open for combos from opponent and discourage spammed projectile attacks.

Metal Head Butte - Kano grabs opponent with both arms by shoulders and leans into, with no fear, a forceful head butte into his opponent’s face causing them to grimace in pain and to stumble backwards. This can open up a free opportunity for a string of combos for Kano.

Black Dragon Punch – From fighting stance, Kano motions into a grounded uppercut punching his opponent in the sternum and causing him to slum forward over Kano’s punching hand. The sheer force of the uppercut motioning then causes a spirit of a black dragon through his opponent’s sternum and mid-section and to ascend in a rainbow motion across the screen carrying his disabled opponent while lodge through their stomach in the bell shaped curve and slamming them on their back to the pavement face up and disappearing for a possible pop-up move.

Black Dragon Kick – From fighting stance, Kano winds up his backside leg like a soccer player motioning to take a penalty kick and then thrust his leg and foot forward into a front snap kick to his opponent’s sternum with such a sheer force that he launches a spirit of a black dragon from the end of his foot in a lateral direction parallel to the ground while still lodged into his opponent’s mid-section and disappearing in the ground. This causes his opponent to be launched off their feet and backwards in the air and on their back landing face up. The dragon spirit can sail across the screen similar to the curvature of a walking bridge over a small stream of water.

Upper Cannonball – From fighting stance, Kano, launches into a cannonball diagonally upwards towards his airborne opponent, striking them in mid-air and ricocheting off the surface of his opponent’s body before transitioning into his fighting stance.

Circular Knife Slashes – From fighting stance, Kano unsheathes a pair of throwing knives and slashes his opponent’s extremities in an alternating windmill motion cutting them multiple times.

Black Dragon Suffocation - From fighting stance, Kano, motions into an overhanded throwing pose down towards his opponent's feet and launches a wave of energy that transforms into the spirit of a Black Dragon wrapping around his opponent's upper torso as an Boa Constrictor does it's prey with the dragon spirit's head bitting and locking upon his opponent's head from behind and disabling them where they stand for a possible follow up combo.

Cannonball Displacement - From fighting stance, Kano can jump either vertically straight up/into a front sommersault or backwards sommersault and dash diagonally downward on his footbound opponent and collide against his opponent's chest but instead of ricocheting off his opponent, Kano could weigh his opponent down pushing them on their back lying face up while rotating in a tight tucked cannonball formation on his laid out opponent's chest, Kano could then rise up in a crouching disposition over his laid out opponent on his knees, and begin to throw a barrage of punches at the face of his opponent while their laid out across the ground before gaining his feet and taking up his fighting stance.

KANO’S FATALITY:
Heart Breaker - Takes one of his throwing knives out and lodges it in the chest of opponent and impales them in the heart, then dislodges the blades with heart organ lodged on blade. He then dislodges heart organ from blade and holds the organ to the sky like a trophy as it pumps the remnants of blood left inside the four chambers.

KANO’S WINNING POSE:
Yells and grunts in victory and crossover his arms to raise them in the sky and turns around to taunt the crowd and the camera and then turns back around with hands yet still raised in the air.

KANO’S FIGHTING STANCE:

Kano's Fighting Stance.gif

Last edited:
@Esoteric : : This project is a graphic upgraded version of MK1. . Anything you've on MK1, will still be in this project, except that this is 3D HD.

RAIDEN

Raiden's Costume in Black & Blue.jpg

RAIDEN'S COSTUME & ALTERNATE:
Raiden can wear a black hood covering his head, neck region and sides of his head including his ears while also wearing his signature straw funnel hat shaped in a upside down cone while also wearing a Shaolin monk's robe in black with a light blue overcloth. His socks can be white and Tibetan monk shoes in black while wearing wrists guards. It would look similar to the Inuyasha character Miroku giving him the look of a mortal but also an elder statesmen of wisdom and godliness. He can look similar to the picture above, just with the straw shaped funnel hat and without the staff in hand. He could also have surging electrical currents around his body when he strikes his winning pose or stands in his fighting stance.

RAIDEN'S SPECIALTY MOVES:
Electric Throw - Generates a surge of electricity from ed back hands to launch towards his opponent that shocks his opponent into a stumble backwards.

Electric Current - Currents that surge around Raiden's body assimilate unto his extended hand generating an electric current that surges towards his opponent using their body as a conductor and paralyzes them if not defended properly. Opponent falls down to their knees as if being shocked with a stun gun, leaving them open for combos for Raiden to follow upon.

Teleport - Dematerializes from one point of the screen to rematerialize at the opposite end of the screen.

Electric Superman Lunge - Jumps into a lunging pose towards opponent with electrical currents flaring around his body. When Raiden pushes his opponent across the screen, electricity shocks his opponent into a slumping disposition until the impact of being slammed against the wall of the screen or wall revives them into an upright position.

Aerial Electric Superman Lunge - Jumps either vertically up, into a backwards/forward somersault and then dash across laterally across the upper part of the screen with electrical currents flaring around his body as he pushes his opponent into the far in wall or wall of the screen of the stage.

Human Electric Force - Intense electric currents chaotically crawl around Raiden's body forming a live wire like human barrier shocking to the touch. If physically touched by opponent, the electrical force throws his opponent back off their feet and onto their back face up as if to touch a high voltage electric fence or telephone wire.

Lighting Bolt - Summons a bolt of lighting from the top of the screen that strikes down opponent leaving them momentarily slumped over at the knees and open for a set of combos.

Dashing Static Electric Punch - From long range Raiden teleports across the screen dematerializing and rematerializing towards opponent, concentrating the sum of his electric power into his punching hand, teleporting into a close range of where opponent is standing and with one motioned strikes opponent with an open palm hit to the sternum that sends them into a free fall backwards on their back landing face up.

Electrical Force Field (Far/Away/Center Stage) - Stomps on the ground in one single motion to channel currents of electricity through stomping foot. Electric current transfers through the ground and seeps out through crevices and cracks of the ground, shocking opponent and leaving the slumped over on a bended knees. This leaves them open for combos and free hits while taking off some bars of energy.

Electric Power Surge - Raiden in fighting stance, motions into a kneeling position on bended knee. He then strikes the plane of the ground with open palm concentrating the electric surge in an obtuse angle from the plane of the ground, down to the ground from the top of the screen toward his opponent in a sequential order. This lands multiple hits and blows opponent off feet on to their back face up and taking a considerable amount of bars off of energy meter.

Rainbow Current - Raiden stands to back his hands to backside hip, and then thrust his forward side arm diagonally forward projecting an arching electrical current in the form of a rainbow that descends down on his opponent and electrifies them where they stand for a few seconds before disappearing. This causes his opponent to slump over on their knees where they stand providing an opportunity for Raiden to execute follow up combos.

Electromagnetic Push - Raiden from close to mid-range in standing position thrusts his hands towards his opponent with open palms and emitts a pair of electric currents that shock and stun his opponent where they stand causing them to convuse repeatedly. Raiden draws in his hands towards his chest dragging his lifeless opponent towards him in close range, only to thrusts/jerk his hands forward in a sudden surge of electricity. This then propells his already lifeless opponent backwards into a free fall on their back, landing face up from the manuever.

Divine Bolts from Heaven - Raiden from mid-range in a standing position thrusts one of his hands towards the sky and and summons a series of lighting bolts that circulate around his opponent like a revolving door for a brieft moment and then enclose on his opponent criss-crossing the plane of the ground and electricuting his opponent with each cris-crossed bolt before disappearing in thin air.

Divine Bolts from Heaven Formation - Raiden from mid-range in a standing position facing the plane of his opponent's body, thrusts both of hands above his head and from there a surge of electricity lights surges from the top of the screen and pulsates using Raiden's body as a conductor for a split second. He then flings his hands from the top of his head past his waists in quick slashing motion. This then causes the bolts of electricity to split into several different bolts and circulate around his body finally to spread in an X-formation across the plane of the floor to their separate corners and shocking his opponent to their knees before disappearing.

Flight of Ascension - Raiden crouches into a two point stance on one knee, while electrical surges are skating around his body. He then dashes diagonally upward towards the top of the screen at his airbound opponent pushing them further upwards while shocking them into a paralyzed stiffiness. Raiden then can then drop his paralyzed opponent down on the ground on their back face up and execute a forward sommersault away from his fallen opponent, rematerializing on the ground facing his opponent.

Kamikaze Lunge - Raiden can either jump straight vertically upwards towards the top of the screen, into a backwards/forward sommersault and immediately dash into a descending lunge diagonally downward towards his footbound opponent, pushing them on their back landing face up electrifying them in the ground collision. He then can transition into a front ground roll away from his opponent before taking up his fighting stance.

Enhanced Lighting Throw - From fighting stance, Raiden can motion his front side arm up towards the sky and summon a powerful potent stream of lighting from the sky that strikes his opponent where they stand but instead of popping his opponent up in the air, the current of lighting would pulsate from the sky vertically down onto his opponent's body for a span of say five seconds using his opponent's body as a conductor while opponent convulses where they standing from the volts of electricity before it disappears. This then would leave his opponent with smoke vapors drifting off their burnt while they stand disoriented for Raiden to follow up for additional combos.

RAIDEN'S FATALITY:
Body Scars - Raiden, from fighting stance after a series of strains and cries, motions to one hand raised towards the sky, summoning a pinkish lighting bolt to strike opponent. This bolt of lighting stays connected to the opponent's body like it was using it as a conductor of electric current. This lighting bolt gradually continues to fry his opponent from the heat generating vapors while opponent convulses violently. Eventually the bolt of lighting disintergrates his opponent into a skelton. And at the same time, Raiden drops his raised hand and then motions into his winning pose.

Raiden's Costume 4.jpg

RAIDEN'S WINNING POSE:
Raiden motions his outstretched hands towards the sky summoning volts of lighting from the sky that circulate and crawl around his outstretched body.

Raiden's Fighting Stance.gif

Esoteric, your ideas are appreciated but currently misdirected. I know it wasn't your intention to hijack this thread, so please post your ideas in their own thread, in the appropriate forum.

Any further posts here that aren't about the "Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN" that is being worked on will have to be deleted to prevent the thread from being derailed.

Thanks,

-K1LL, TRMK Staff

Last edited:
Here's something, needs to be smoothed out and general clean up, but just to show some progress...

MK1Scorp_dizzy_wip.gif