Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Great work with the fireball' s animation calactyte. I can almost feel the burn! It would be very cool if the last frames of the animation could fade very slowly in the game, to give the impression that there is some smoke left in the air from the burn. I don't know how the mugen engine works but I believe that it is possible.

Yeah I'm still tweaking it. Not sure about the smoke since I'd have to render that a different pass. I'll play with it a little more.

Great work with the fireball' s animation calactyte. I can almost feel the burn! It would be very cool if the last frames of the animation could fade very slowly in the game, to give the impression that there is some smoke left in the air from the burn. I don't know how the mugen engine works but I believe that it is possible.

I didn't realize that you would have to render it in a deferent pass. I thought that maybe mugen could make the sprites transparent in different levels untill they vanish. Anyway what I suggest is just a detail it is not important, the fireball is perfect as it is now.

I didn't realize that you would have to render it in a deferent pass. I thought that maybe mugen could make the sprites transparent in different levels untill they vanish. Anyway what I suggest is just a detail it is not important, the fireball is perfect as it is now.

It's all good. There are some things that can be improved yet, but I'll probably move on and then come back.

Mugen can fade an image in or out, but it would be better to render the smoke animation separately and mix it with the fire sprites in post. Have the fade be part of the sprites from the start.

You can layer animations in the game, but it saves memory to have them mixed or with any effects pre made if possible.

How the smoke fades away while staying thick looks strange, I think it should break apart more sort of like the flames.

Cage's fireball looks really cool on the start up.

Cage fireball looks great!

About the liu one, i know that will be different to arcade, but i recommend that in the end, when the fire despair, it despair in different timing to make it looks more real.

About the liu one, i know that will be different to arcade, but i recommend that in the end, when the fire despair, it despair in different timing to make it looks more real.

I love the cage fireball
but liu's is strange, inside it's too dark, if the darken part stay only in the spot will be better, it's fire, looks like fire, but inside need less black collors and mor fire colors, if put some smoke in the end, will give the impression of burning, will be cool ^^
and the end of blow need some modifications, are too artifficial

I love the cage fireball
but liu's is strange, inside it's too dark, if the darken part stay only in the spot will be better, it's fire, looks like fire, but inside need less black collors and mor fire colors, if put some smoke in the end, will give the impression of burning, will be cool ^^
and the end of blow need some modifications, are too artifficial

I'm going to keep moving forward before coming back to this. Everyone has a differing opinion as to what looks right.

Update:

http://www.jtresca.com/test/KANGFIRE_RAW.mp4

Last edited: