Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Great work guys! I have been watching this thread for the last 2 - 3 months and I can say that I am very impressed. Being an huge MK fan and a hobbyist game developer myself, I can appreciate this effort a lot.
Now about Scorpion's proportions I also think that there is a problem with the upper - lower body relation. I think that the size of the feet is wrong, they should be shorter. I always found Da Vinci's Rule of Proportions helpful. I made a quick mock-up, maybe it could help.
Keep up the great work!

Picture2.jpg

Last edited:
Ive been following this particular project for about a month now, ive gotta say this is an AMAZING project, keep up the good work fellas, just had to puy my two cents in

This isn't worth redoing. It looks fantastic to me and most people won't notice. In motion it is really tough to compare at all.
That is truth. It does look fantastic. I just notice that kind of stuff, but you are right, it is not worth fixing it now. In an earlier stage of development maybe it could have been worth it. That is the problem working with prerendered 2d charakters, you don't have the option to make that kind of correction and changes, I know that from experience. Only in an actual 3d game you can make any type of corrections on your models.

Again I have to say that the quality of your work guys is excellent. Have you considered making a short demo with your wip? It doesn't have to be a 100% playable game, just something that people could test.

Well Interloko and I are coding the character independently, he's going for a straight up MK1, while I'm doing something different with the play mechanics, closer to Tekken, VF concepts.

All the sprites I'm making are in the game on my end as far as I know.

We got a demo a while back with some stages and the character, but I haven't seen an update for that in some time.

[EDIT] Demo was for the developers only, not public.

I can show him walking, standing turning, getting hit... some basics so far. I haven't gotten to the attacks yet, we are still filling in the basics, little by little.

This shit = This thing or this stuff. No problem here.

Last edited:
Wow, I never noticed this thread before. I've just caught up a little with what's been going on and I love what I'm seeing so far!
Awesome work guys!

I didn't change the shape here, it's just a smoother animation with textures.

MK1Scorp_stumble_wip_03.gif

I have to say that, although it looks absolutely amazing, his arms look terribly skinny!

I will search for the previous demo then, since there is no update Bleed. Changing the gameplay is an interesting idea. Last year I was working on my own MK1 remake but an actual 3d game with 3d models, not sprites. I was adding a few more features too, like running and the UMK3 combos. I abandoned that project to make my own game, but I could complete if I have the time. You should definately make your own game some day too.

I have to say that, although it looks absolutely amazing, his arms look terribly skinny!

I didn't think they looked too skinny. Scorpion in MK1 didn't have a large muscle mass like in modern 3d games. He was played by daniel pesina who had average sized muscles.

The old beta was internal. I'm working on a second one with arcade scaled sprites.

This week i'll work on animations, some fixes and maybe special moves. Next week i'll add some UI

@ Interloko, I once downloaded an MK1 remake you did, which had characters with animated fighting stances on the Choose Your Fighter screen, just like in the actual game. How did you do that exactly? The version I had was moleboxed or something, so I couldn't get in a see what you did.

Thanks but for this project, we are creating the art work from scratch.

If we use their models, it would only be to have a look at how they work, then make our own. I have bunch of them already, from MK, Tekken, SC and STF.