Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hey Random_MK,

The fatness in the legs is due to the bagginess of the Scorps clothing from MK 1. Bleed has absolutely nailed it. It only looks out of proportions because you aren't seeing the textures on there. As for the stiffness in the clothing, the LoinCloth area just needs a bit of swing.

See URL for a comparison and pay special attention to how Scorps legs are baggy (like a Fat woman if you prefer).

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk1/scorpion/sprites/

Bleed,Interloko,

I've uploaded Subzero and Raidens Projectiles (also Radien Teleport, Win Pose, Standing Electrical Surge)

You can find the .Rar in Characters then their respective Name then Projectiles and Extra folder.

Enjoy.

Something is wrong. Scorpion looks like a fat woman with thin hands, look at the scorpion's muscles from UMK3 View attachment 3197

Last edited:
Daniel Pesina's muscles from MK1 aren't as big as John Turks in UMK3. Not only that, but the 3D model doesn't have real bones or muscles to keep the full thickness when twisting.

3D models will collapse in the middle of a twisting limb, like a candy wrapper. I added a couple twist bones to prevent it from getting too thin, but it still happens.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Only recently I've found out about this project, and I just wanted to stop by to say I'm completely blown away by the whole thing and this awesome combination of talents. I'm looking forward to see how you continue developing this. I wish you all the best, and my hat goes off to you :p I wish I could offer my help somehow, but just seeing what you've been doing here I can tell this is all way out of my league. Lol.

Æmilius.

Last edited:
Daniel Pesina has excellent muscles
d.jpg
Bleed, I think the problem with scorp's proportions was right from the start, head and hands must be increased to 115% and model's bottom is reduced to 95%. Just compare the pics
s.gif

i think that it don't need to be exactly like the sprites, I understand your point but is not something that MUST to be change in a particular animation.

I'll try something, but making a change like this would mean having to start all over with the animations. I can't make the changes too big unless that's not a problem.

Last edited:
I didn't change the shape here, it's just a smoother animation with textures.

MK1Scorp_stumble_wip_03.gif

Ok so personally, I think this looks fantastic. I guess technically it is a bit out of proportion but in the animations you've created so far, it unnoticeable. I think you are too far deep to go back and start messing with proportions at this point. Did you do ducking while being hit yet? The next hardest animation would probably be being swept and then handspring back onto feet. I say move on. You are doing amazing work here bleed.

I didn't change the shape here, it's just a smoother animation with textures.

MK1Scorp_stumble_wip_03.gif

looks fine for me, the animation looks very smooth. great job. witch one will be the next?

EDIT : only 1 thing! the back shin guard looks like is separate from the leg.

Yeah, it's too late I don't really feel like going that far back. I'll just keep going, and the next animation would be the get hit while crouching.

Im thinking it is the model because when I tried rendering scorps statue, everyone was complaining about how he looked like he was leaning back in the win pose. When I compared it to the original statue I needed to edit the arms to make them thicker yet not as long and the head larger. Anyway at this point I think we are nitpicking. If you can adjust the camera to reduce that shrinking in the torso area then great, but I'd rather you kept moving on the animations instead. Then once they are all complete we can make one global camera edit and rerender if really necessary.

The proportions look ok here, so it may be the camera distortion that needs adjustment or the position.

Scorp_proportions.gif

I kind of wonder if rendering orthagonnally instead of perspective would make a difference.

Im thinking it is the model because when I tried rendering scorps statue, everyone was complaining about how he looked like he was leaning back in the win pose. When I compared it to the original statue I needed to edit the arms to make them thicker yet not as long and the head larger. Anyway at this point I think we are nitpicking. If you can adjust the camera to reduce that shrinking in the torso area then great, but I'd rather you kept moving on the animations instead. Then once they are all complete we can make one global camera edit and rerender if really necessary.

It's not good with orthographic, you need perspective for it to look right.

[Edit]
Stumble frames were updated in Dropbox, the cloth animation is better and there are extra frames for blending the stumble back to the neutral stance.

Last edited: