Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Cool
The other day I was adding scaled sprites to sff to start coding.
I'm not sure yet but there is a posibility of moving back to my country and start my own bussines in 5 or 6 month, so my intention is at least finish the coding part with scaled sprites in that time. After this is replace and adjust things only.

Ok I have a brand new version of Goro's Lair created. I'll let you guys decide which one you like better.

Painted version A:
GORO_LAIR_HD.jpg

Photo textured version B:
GORO_LAIR_HD_B.jpg

Still some other adjustments need to be made either way.

Let me know what you think?

The one with the Photo textures is nice, I like the extra detail. The middle wall got too bright though, I would make it darker again overall, or have it fade to dark at the bottom.

In general, I think you need to watch the transitions from bright to dark areas. Too harsh contrast doesn't look natural some times.

On the wall it doesn't look natural, because it clashes with the ground in an illogical manner. How would the light stop all of a sudden, unless there was something blocking it? If there is something blocking the light, would it be so perfectly aligned to hit the bottom edge of the wall? Is the light so bright and the room so dark, that the cut off line would be so sharp? What about bouncing light/ global illumination?

That's thinking about realism though, that's why I wouldn't follow the sprites too close. More for reference to where it's useful without hurting the end result.

Last edited:
Both look great, but the textured version would need better lighting so it doesn't clash. I think Bleed detailed that issue pretty well. If that could be fixed, then I'd say go for textured.

Standing get hit high sprites are in Drop box. 60 fps for that one, it looks too choppy at 30.

The animation can be used now, but I'll work on it a little more and update the files.

Stones on photo textured one look gazillion times better imo.
I'd make the slime darker green and mess with the lighting a bit.

Ok I have a brand new version of Goro's Lair created. I'll let you guys decide which one you like better.

Painted version A:
GORO_LAIR_HD.jpg

GORO_LAIR_HD_B.jpg

The textured photo looks incredible!

The floor on A looks better overall, and the walls on B look better. Lighting has been addressed, and the bricks just need to be recolored or darkened to there original color.

Stones on photo textured one look gazillion times better imo.
I'd make the slime darker green and mess with the lighting a bit.

Yes and yes. The moss adds a lot of depth but it looks more it's in the side of a mountain that underground because of the lighting.

Version B,.......without doubt.

Painted version A:
GORO_LAIR_HD.jpg

GORO_LAIR_HD_B.jpg

Just to show my appreciation to this thread, and all of those busting their asses to work on this game, I made a little "what if?" teaser poster, had WB/Netherrealm gone forward with an official MK HD Arcade Kollection:

CLICK ON PIC FOR LARGE SIZE!

Just to show my appreciation to this thread, and all of those busting their asses to work on this game, I made a little "what if?" teaser poster, had WB/Netherrealm gone forward with an official MK HD Arcade Kollection:

Awesome! Indeed it is.

That's awesome! Where did you get the Sonya pic from?

That's awesome! Where did you get the Sonya pic from?

She's actually a model (more specifically, we met through a mutual friend) I recently worked with. She was f**king STUNNING, not only in her looks, but in pulling off her moves... including the scissor leg grab. I wasn't even going to think of asking her to do it, but when I mentioned the move saying "we'll skip that one", she said "I guess you forgot the part where I mentioned I was a former gymnast :p" So on that note, here's another shot... a true "what if", as you'll see...

(Once again, click for the "biggins"!)

Also, I hope you all didn't mind me using the HD backdrop you all created. I'm thinking of posting these in my photography portfolio, but I'll make sure to give credit for any backdrops I use, as long as no one has any issues. I don't want anyone to feel like I'm stepping on any toes. Like I said, I'm admiring the hell out of everyone's work, and it inspired me to work on this photo series!

Last edited: