Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

great job bleed

what about raiden.i can't wait to see his kicks & Punches & Special moves.....

guys,where is gojira? now he has three uncompleted characters, Goro-shang Tsung-Liu kang.

Awesome job! Only 29 more animations left to go! What will you do next?

Animation has a one second loop for the holding block. The textures and lighting are different, because I changed it for the portrait. I'll need to merge with an old file to get the old set up back.

ScorpCrouchBlock01.gif

I"ll need to keep making the basics, I believe the hit states are next.

Gojira comes and goes, but he's got some nice work done. If he's too busy, I can finish what he started. It's not a problem, but it will take longer. It's one thing we need to understand about these projects, they are not stable. We do what we can, picking at bits and pieces with an ever changing group of people, till it's done.

Main thing is to try and keep it rolling, working off one another.

I"ll need to keep making the basics, I believe the hit states are next.

Gojira comes and goes, but he's got some nice work done. If he's too busy, I can finish what he started. It's not a problem, but it will take longer. It's one thing we need to understand about these projects, they are not stable. We do what we can, picking at bits and pieces with an ever changing group of people, till it's done.

Main thing is to try and keep it rolling, working off one another.

that's right,and i'm ready to help as much as i can.

Wow! You guys are doing a great job! One quick question. Has any or all of the music been taking care of? If not i would love to contribute to the project.

Wow! You guys are doing a great job! One quick question. Has any or all of the music been taking care of? If not i would love to contribute to the project.

I know a lot of music has already been created by myself and a couple other guys. I'm not exactly sure what's still needed at this point.

When this project be released it will be in "world's mouth" for a big time ;)
I will just give the notice to every friend of mine, they will post everywhere in internet ;)
Every Other Mortal kombat forums will be jealous because it was started here, TRMK...im glad to be following this project since the 1st post...FATALITY ...Keep nice work you guys

*Looking at Scorpion's statue* I think Sub-Zero can look exactly like this - no these little squares in his vest. Then both ninjas should look alot like clones (like in original game), but different enough at the same time + both sides (1 who more like the costume based on the photo and second who more like it done like it looks in the game (actually it was just blurry sprites, but that's another story)) should be satisfied. And Reptile will use Sub-Zero's costume and Scorpion's fighting stance (or Scorpion's costume and Sub-Zero's stance). This small change can make this project look even better.

*Looking at Scorpion's statue* I think Sub-Zero can look exactly like this - no these little squares in his vest. Then both ninjas should look alot like clones (like in original game), but different enough at the same time + both sides (1 who more like the costume based on the photo and second who more like it done like it looks in the game (actually it was just blurry sprites, but that's another story)) should be satisfied. And Reptile will use Sub-Zero's costume and Scorpion's fighting stance (or Scorpion's costume and Sub-Zero's stance). This small change can make this project look even better.

misc-are-you-fucking-kidding-me-clean-l.jpg
You got to be kidding with me...That was already said and planned man... -.-, i think reptile should be a hidden character and that he must have his own moves and fatality ;D

Scorpion statue looks a bit odd to me, maybe it's the perspective. The angle works OK if you look at him
as a single statue, but placed on the stage it seems off (to me at least) Raiden nailed it much more closer IMO:

34rvt3k.png

I'd change the "camera" on Scorpion and maybe even pose him a bit differently so he looks at the camera,
and so he doesn't look so lean backwards. I tried to do a few more changes in Photoshop, I'm not really
good with it but anyway, here's the comparison .gif:

r8s76s.jpg

Changes I did:
-Lower the arm in the air because if looks huge
-Straighten his vest on the chest area
-Exaggerate the cracks, maybe add one more on the legs.
-Remove thin pieces around the waist, it's a stone statue
and stone and thin don't go well together

Just my 2 cents

Scorpion statue looks a bit odd to me, maybe it's the perspective. The angle works OK if you look at him
as a single statue, but placed on the stage it seems off (to me at least) Raiden nailed it much more closer IMO:

34rvt3k.png

I'd change the "camera" on Scorpion and maybe even pose him a bit differently so he looks at the camera,
and so he doesn't look so lean backwards. I tried to do a few more changes in Photoshop, I'm not really
good with it but anyway, here's the comparison .gif:

r8s76s.jpg

Changes I did:
-Lower the arm in the air because if looks huge
-Straighten his vest on the chest area
-Exaggerate the cracks, maybe add one more on the legs.
-Remove thin pieces around the waist, it's a stone statue
and stone and thin don't go well together

Just my 2 cents

There is still some things to fix in my opinion, his face in original is front like, and in the newer hits actualy up...i think you should fix it ,;D sorry my bad english :S

Agree about the angle of the statue looks a bit weird. In Arcade looks more orthographic view, not perspective

If we're keeping the statues in line with the originals then all we have to do is statue-ize the last frame of every character's win pose except Liu Kang.

Hi Badmouse,

I had some spare time today so I figured I'd build off of what you already made for Goro's Lair. This should save you the trouble of having to 3Dify the bricks. It's just about finished but I've also rendered a specular highlights layer to make so of the bricks look moist.

Here is the result:

MK1_Goros_Lair.jpg

OK Goro's Lair is complete in my eyes. Badmouse I'm going to upload the PSD so you are welcome to play with it as you see fit.

I re-did all the bricks in 3D. Also re-did the floor so after tracing the existing floor pattern of the original floor.

MK1_Goros_Lair.jpg

Ok Badmouse, Interloko,

Goro's Lair is in Dropbox Graphics->Stages. Play around with it as you wish. I'm going to fix up Scorpion's Statue, then tackle the gleam animation that happens on the VS. screen. After that I'll finish off projectiles then blood animations, and finally Fatalities. That will pretty just about conclude all the work I'm capable of doing well. I'll work on Goro on and off if possible and perhaps I'll pick up Shang Tsung but others on the team (Bleed) are faster and better than I am for that sort of thing. I'm just happy that we can say that pretty (pending minor graphical edits such as the Palace Guards) we've created all the background stages, all UI elements and all in-between screens.

Nice work all! It will really all come down the character animations in the end. That is the hardest part really.