Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I work with my Dad fixing houses for rent, Handy man basically. I do pretty much anything that needs to get done. 8 hour shift and two days off, depending ~

Last edited:
I cannot believe you aren't a pro animator. After this game you'll have them beating down your door. Not sure if it pays as well as the handyman business but I bet the job satisfaction will be higher for you.

I work with my Dad fixing houses for rent, Handy man basically. I do pretty much anything that needs to get done. 8 hour shift and two days off, depending ~

I realy dont get who is terry but anyway, hmm, i think this project must be encrypted, we dont want nobody to steal your models right? Its just a suggestion

I realy dont get who is terry but anyway, hmm, i think this project must be encrypted, we dont want nobody to steal your models right? Its just a suggestion

I give anyone credit willing to steal our work from what we post up on here. The amount of effort to gather and process it would be mind boggling. I guess technically it is possible but they wouldn't have access to our models, without having first contributed to the game in some meaningful way. I'm not too worried about encryption at this point. I can't speak for anyone else though.

Impressive work guys, Scorpion's Test your Might animation is flawless, Tsung and Liu are looking pretty cool, the budha statue was a nice finding... it's awesome to see the progress on this project. I like you kept the old shoes for Liu, it looks "nostalgic" to see him wearing those instead of chinese shoes.

Right now you guys have nearly 50% of the graphics completed, keep it up...!

K starting on MK1 now, I've been working most of today on UMK3 scorpion. I figured out how to make the animations even smoother, and how to add exaggeration without messing it up with jumpy motions. Simple trick that helps a lot is to exaggerate the display of animation curves in the Curve editor.

Then edit the tangents, so the curves look as smooth as possible given the result you want for the pose transition.

In 3ds.max if you open the curve editor, Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift and drag up left with the middle mouse button. You can zoom the curves vertically. If the curves are looking too flat and it's hard to see the wave pattern. Stretch the view vertically to make the curves really exaggerated. Makes it a lot easier to see if they are smooth and to make subtle adjustments.

Just another tip, passing on the knowledge if it helps someone.

If you guys find some info like that, post it up so the rest of us can level up.

Example:

Curve_zoom.gif

Yeah, in Maya I scale Up the Y of curves to exaggerate some movements. i think is the same to your technique.

Something cool to show about UMK3 Scorpion?

Just fixing some stuff I had already. I re made the fight stance to match the sprites better. Because the pose is different, I have to update his other animations.

sound like you are making it ever perfect! I really like how you try always to get better :)

But if you can't stop and still working in the same model or animation will never end! The UMK3 scorpion looks amazing so far.

You are right of course, and I'm thinking the same thing, but I had to fix the hands anyway. I didn't like how they were looking from the start. Now I understand how to get a better result, so I think it's better to fix that before I get too far with the animations.

I know I'm too picky...

Thanks for the tip Bleed! I'm going to try and use this method for next freelance animation I do.

You are right of course, and I'm thinking the same thing, but I had to fix the hands anyway. I didn't like how they were looking from the start. Now I understand how to get a better result, so I think it's better to fix that before I get too far with the animations.

I know I'm too picky...

What happened with Sonya?

It looks like Bleed is 20 animations from completing Scorpion... then we might see some Raiden action! :)

I reached out to Demonseed who was working on Sonya and he assured me he will return to the project. If he does, great, if not that unfortunately is the toughest part about doing this kind of work on the internet. No one has any motivation beyond their passion. I've had to take a short break since I received freelance work. I'm just about finished though and I want nothing more than to finish this. If Bleed and I focus on getting Scorpion pretty much done (as you said about 20 anims short) then we can also get Subzero done in less than a week as well. Once we have two fully working characters, Interloko can start adding actual art and animation. Maybe I'm kidding myself here. Ask anybody on the team, I'm the guy who is annoyingly trying to keep everyone on some kind a schedule which is funny since people can easily tell me to go F**K myself. Honestly the best thing anyone can do is keep asking about this project everyday. I know it keeps our contributors motivated.

What happened with Sony]

It looks like Bleed is 20 animations from completing Scorpion... then we might see some Raiden action! :)