Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

It's the same as the other bending parts, like the Knee.

More edges on the part that stretches on a bend the most.

put the bones for the first knuckles a little bit inside the palm, not right where the fingers stick out from it.

You'll get a better idea if you model a simple hand, do a quick rig and skin on it. Put it in to a pose, then cut where you need more edges, or move the points around so it looks good in the pose.

That's just something I've been trying lately and it seems to help, it's a good pointer IMO.

Other things are, modeling the fingers a little thicker vertically than normal. It keeps them from getting too skinny when they bend.

Model them in a karate chop, so they don't end up with a gap in between when you pose the hand in to a fist.

Last edited:
At least let them get a working Alpha before you start talking up glitches.. they have to take it one step at a time.

Hey Bleed,

Any chance you can render Scorp out huge for the character select photo? My first freelance job is just about complete so I'll hopefully have some more time until the second one starts.

Amazing work guys. I wish I had a way to contribute. I'm not so good with 3D or the MUGEN Programming, but I'm pretty good with videos (After Effects, PowerDirector, PhotoShop).

Imma just talk about something that i have said...REPTILE!!
I know that you guys think and you will be like, "ugh man, this guy have to be kidding" ,"Oh no! F*ck no! Hell No! and other things more...
But why not put on Reptile his MK2 moves??
**********The fatalities, his acid split face (lizard one), Force ball(normal speed one) and slide....
It would be more "Original" than a spear and freezing abilities that in fact is just a mix of scorpion and sub zero, i quick made version... But actualy Reptile is a mix of them lo00o0o0o0o0l...I mean Yellow+Blue=Green (Scorpion+Subzero=Reptile)
The point is that Reptile, COULD be a HIDDEN character in this game
Just sayan, i think that this group of important people should decide
Note that reptile is the slowest character in mk series, to compense his dash, the walking is realy slow

Actually, I think Reptile is the ultimate ninja character in Mortal Kombat 1. If you think about it, he has access to the best of the two ninjas. Sub-Zero had the freeze which gave the player a free shot, which made Sub dangerous, and then Scorpion had the spear which again was dangerous and gave the player a free shot. Also you would have to use a different strategy against Scorpion than against Sub-Zero. In this case you have to be on your toes against Reptile, since he can use both.

Well, that's just my view. But I can understand your vision of giving Reptile an individual set of moves.

Hey Bleed,

Would be cool if you can work on Scorps Portrait and ducking block at your earliest convenience. I'm going to try and finish SubZero's projectile today.

laluna,

Can you rip projectiles for Lui Kang and Cage?

OK No one but you guys will even care about this..but you know that buddah statue we've been trying to find on the internet for ages in the BG of the Place Gates? Yeah my neighbor has had it in his Backyard the whole time. I think it's almost the same statue used in the game. I actually couldn't believe it. I was walking my dog and I took like 10 shots of it will my cellphone. I'm sure my other neighbors think I'm crazy LOL.

TEMPLE_SHRINE_FINAL_HD.jpg

http://www.jtresca.com/test/TEMPLE_SHRINE_FINAL_HD.jpg

I've edited it into the game. I think it looks pretty close though not exactly the same. Also I can finally see that he was supposed to be holding a lotus flower. See the attached.

Attachments

• TEMPLE_SHRINE_FINAL_HD.jpg
    TEMPLE_SHRINE_FINAL_HD.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
I have .gif animations of Kang & Cage shooting projectiles:

http://www.adrive.com/public/EXZQxC.html

if you need sole projectiles let me know

edit:
just seen your post on Buddha, lmao I was actually trying to google
out some garden buddhas similar to that one with no success.
Unbelievable.

It's pretty much the same one as in the game, but it looks like they
edited out lotus flower, or their statue didn't have one. I think it looks
even better with flower.

Last edited:
la_luna,

You are the best. Thank you!

Actually if you look closely I think the Lotus Flower is there in the original:

04.gif

I just could never tell what it was. Now it makes more sense instead of him just randomly pointing at himself.

I have .gif animations of Kang & Cage shooting projectiles:

http://www.adrive.com/public/EXZQxC.html

if you need sole projectiles let me know

edit:
just seen your post on Buddha, lmao I was actually trying to google
out some garden buddhas similar to that one with no success.
Unbelievable.

It's pretty much the same one as in the game, but it looks like they
edited out lotus flower, or their statue didn't have one.

Lousy MKWarehouse don't allow hotlinking. Here:

34epcig.png

Actually if you look closely I think the Lotus Flower is there in the original

You're right, never noticed that. Always wondered why he's pointing at himself.
Great find on the statue, and I mean literally lol

Idk if I'm right, but that buddha looks like Daibutsu Buddha, but Daibutsu Buddha's hands arent like that.

Also, according to my research, that buddha used in the games was only Boon's neighbor lawn ornament.

Any progress? :D
I didnt understand the problem with the stage but forget it, i just want to see the stage of the statues, it must be awsomeness :DDDD

Last edited: