Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

^If I'm understanding you correctly, Shangs transformation is 9 tics,
or 11 tics if you count Shangs sprite and the opponent he's morphing to sprite:

33mr2v4.gif

In real time I think it happens in less then a second.

^If I'm understanding you correctly, Shangs transformation is 9 tics,
or 11 tics if you count Shangs sprite and the opponent he's morphing to sprite:

33mr2v4.gif
This was a question that i was planning to ask xD
But no, you are understanding me badly, im saying the duration of each transformation
My bad english :|

Being a boss character Shang Tsung doesn't have to play by the rules of the playable versions of the character in MK2 and 3. He can (and will) morph to any character whenever he wants, basically. In the original game sometimes he will morph to another character for only a second to block an attack, and other times he will fight an entire round as Goro.

I'm playing him now on mame, and it looks like he waits 5 seconds on average, but can change sooner or later.

One time he morphed to Kano, jumped and morphed back to shang.

Another time, he turned in to Goro for like 8 seconds

My bad english :|
No problem I understand, English isn't my first language either.
I'm actually from Croatia. Sure I too write awkward and hardly
understandable sentences at times. Anyway I think you got
your answer from others.

Just a few minutes ago I stumbled upon this image while searching
for something completely different. I thought it might be helpful in
modeling Liu Kang.

50r4sz.jpg

When compared to some images from the game, I think it's pretty close
to what Kang is wearing in the game. Maybe lessen the wrinkles a bit but
that's it.

14o16ph.png

14o16ph.png

Don't forget, when creating the ending images to do like Boon and co did and steal, er, "borrow" the background from Enter the Dragon ;-p

^lol, background is from the movie? Never knew that.
And the photo is probably taken while filming TYM

2ut6s2c.gif

lighting is identical

^lol, background is from the movie? Never knew that.
And the photo is probably taken while filming TYM

2ut6s2c.gif

lighting is identical

Yep, both ending shots for Liu Kang use background images from ETD... makes sense, since his character is essentially a re-working of Bruce Lee's character in the film.

Guys will there be any beta? I stepped on this post right now and managed to read it all somehow. So my question is, when there will be a beta released?

Guys will there be any beta? I stepped on this post right now and managed to read it all somehow. So my question is, when there will be a beta released?

IMO beta version at least needs four of the seven playable characters, right now we have scorpion,subzero,liu kang,raiden

i think it will be better to make a beta after completion of kano.because its better to show one of the ninjas ,scorpion or subzero in beta.

Have raiden already been skinned?
I loved the hat of BTILC, i almost did not recognized him, but...Its a bad-ass looking
I want to see him xD, Also Scorpion, Sub Zero, Reptile too ;)
Reptile have many things to be talked, maybe later i will propose it

Last edited:
Hi Interloko,

Did you download any of the final HD files for the UI screens yet? There are several of them live on dropbox. Let me know if you need them in a different folder.

I'm still working on UMK3 scorp, trying to fix his stance, I changed the bones to fix his fist. Same problem I had with the MK1 model, and now the stance is a little different. Pops a little from one animation to the next, because of the subtle difference. Fricking annoying, but It's almost fixed. I should be starting on MK1 in a little bit, to make his Select portrait.

These little mistakes ripple across the entire project...

Hi Interloko,

Did you download any of the final HD files for the UI screens yet? There are several of them live on dropbox. Let me know if you need them in a different folder.
Yes but my netbook does not boot (a bad shutdown). Saldly I don't have time now to check if I can fix it

Imma just talk about something that i have said...REPTILE!!
I know that you guys think and you will be like, "ugh man, this guy have to be kidding" ,"Oh no! F*ck no! Hell No! and other things more...
But why not put on Reptile his MK2 moves??
**********The fatalities, his acid split face (lizard one), Force ball(normal speed one) and slide....
It would be more "Original" than a spear and freezing abilities that in fact is just a mix of scorpion and sub zero, i quick made version... But actualy Reptile is a mix of them lo00o0o0o0o0l...I mean Yellow+Blue=Green (Scorpion+Subzero=Reptile)
The point is that Reptile, COULD be a HIDDEN character in this game
Just sayan, i think that this group of important people should decide
Note that reptile is the slowest character in mk series, to compense his dash, the walking is realy slow

Last edited:
Bleed there is a good part of the beta thing, people will post their opinions, and most of them, will search for bugs, its better a beta first, if it has bugs correct, then the game, and if there still remain bugs, PATCHES ;D