Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Are his fist clenched tighter? I'm not as much of a fan of the over exaggerated movement since now he looks like he's doing a hulkamania wrestling pose. Tone it back I'd say. I don't mind at all if his torso moves.

I like the overall animation. The weight of the fabric really shows.

It may not be true to form, but I'd like to see him punching an open hand and grasping his fist. It seems more natural to me that way if you're psyching yourself up compared to bashing your knuckles together.

/wave I still lurk here ;-)

It looks like his left hand could be open actually, but it's hard to tell. I can try that and see how it looks.

I made the movement more exaggerated but the whole torso has to move, not just the arms.

What do you guys think, ok or tone it down? The torso bend back and forward.

TestYourMight_RefLoop.gif

TYM-Focus-Loop_04.gif

lol, looks like he's taking a dump in his pants.

Awesome project, I plan on following it's progress allow to the end. Please keep up the good work Bleed and don't leave us hangin like many MUGEN creators. Looking forward to seeing more soon!

He's looking good in general, but I think the likeness isn't there yet.

comparison.jpg

The eyes look too wide, and too far apart. Look at the line from the outside of the eye brows to the outer corner of his eyes.

The nose is thinner from between the eyes to the tip, and hangs down more.

The V in the top lip could be sharper, but maybe that's because of the smile.

Looks like the chin is more rounded

Less cheek fat and they should be nudged down a bit along with the bottom of the eye sockets.

The overall form of the head looks like a V.

The eye brow ridge should be less wide, and show a bit more from his forehead.

The top of his head could be a little bigger.

That's all I see for now.

Last edited:
Sweet, I can recognize him now.

I'll smooth that snap on his right vest and move to the punch, enough tweaking for this one.

TYM-Focus-Loop_06.gif

I feel the likeness still needs some work, but the anatomy looks great.

You're all making me feel pretty terrible about making zero progress on Kano... :p

edit: oh wow, there were like 12 new replies while I wrote this post, haha. Kang looks better, but still not quite there yet. The main issue I think is that he looks too old, partly because of things like the texture, and the somewhat baggy eyes, but also something about the overall shape of his face that made him lose some of his boyish looks. He looks like a rugged dude with a very strong jawline, I think he should have thinner cheeks and more pronounced chin and cheekbones.

It may be the hair throwing me off, but I actually prefer the previous version. The latest one seems to look a bit more generic. Still, great work, you're making a lot of progress pretty damn fast.

Last edited:
Hahahahah, Bleed, this one looks expectacular, now its like the original, the fingers may not be, but this one is cooler, his like, IM GONNA BREAK SOME BONES !!

Kang is coming along nice. I think you could touch his eyes a bit.
Asians have a distinct upper eyelid

2rzuki1.jpg

I think his nose is longer too.. maybe shape the eyebrows better.

laluna you've absolutely mastered getting the team reference materials. Thanks for your help.

Kang is coming along nice. I think you could touch his eyes a bit.
Asians have a distinct upper eyelid

2rzuki1.jpg

I think his nose is longer too.. maybe shape the eyebrows better.

Interloko, Jarvis has uploaded as much of his finished HD files as possible. You should see his stuff inside the MKHD dropbox folder now. The stuff posted is final. He's still working on main UI stuff.