Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

@calactyte, if you need anything from the game for references,
just say and I'll rip it out, it's actually something I enjoy doing.

@Mortal Gojira too bad about that job man. I'm happy to see you
on this project again, your work on Goro is outstanding.

Damn Gojira,

I wish that would have worked out for you man.
Your efforts have not been forgotten! Will love to see you do Kang!

Hey guys, I'm really excited and crazy happy that this project is still strong. Have to congratulate you all on your work and efforts. Very cool. So with that said, I'm seeing if its cool to for me to go ahead and start modeling on Lui Kang since it looks like all other options are taken up.

And as for my big project, it was actually for a cg cartoon/movie deal but it looks like its not going to happen anymore. Ah well, it was fun working on it.

I agree that this movement while smooth looking also looks a bit too slow, however perhaps this is something interloko speeds up with code. If I remember correctly, the faster you tap the buttons the faster the focus happens. Correct me if I'm wrong about this. It may be just fine the way it is. Can't wait to see the impact.

Ah man... that's too bad, you are welcome to start on Kang if you wish.

This is not finished, I'm only showing the current state of progress. I see a few things to fix but critique is welcome.

I exaggerated the animation a bit, to make it look more intense and to speed up the transition from pose to pose, else it looks too slow. Moves the arms out a bit, so the hands don't go in to the vest.

TYM-Focus-Loop_02.gif

la_luna! I'm glad you volunteered this! LOL, can you rip all the statues from Warriors shrine for me? In the near future I need Raiden and Scorpion/Subzero

Ok cool, I was aware of the hands clipping and the odd cloth movement but if there is anything else, speak up while I'm still working on it. I'll get those problems fixed today and start on the strike.

The animation speed is one of those things where I'm sticking to what's in the game. I let TYM run on neutral, and got the timing from there, how many tics from one pose to the next. It can play faster with code in the game depending on the charge level.

313468-turtle1.jpg

Thank ya guys. Will start on Kang tonight. Shouldn't take to long to model since he is a fairly simple character.

btw, I just love that pic of him in the turtles outfit. Think he was Raf

Robin_Shou_1.jpg

If i were you i would recreate Robin Shou but with a shorter hair, or maybe long, i dont know, i always thought that the original liu kang had the big hair but anyways, its just an idea

Mortal Gojira, i was the one who said that you should continue goro using your old test, you did it very well, its better than the original, actualy, but the character is still in need to be completed, i expect that your liu kang will be one of the bests (PFF THE BEST IN MUGEN HISTORY OFF COURSE) Cumps, that mean good luck

Mortal Gojira, very sorry to hear that about the job. Freelance jobs are make me crazy! some peoples order and don't pay or don't reply when the job is done :( i hope gave more lucky with the actual one.

I have some pics of Ho Sung Pak, but i think you can find easy all of them in google. The one i like is this, looks like MK1 Liu Kang Face.

714711.jpg

Bleed, The exaggeration movement looks good so far, the arcade version have so less sprites that don't look like he is concentrating.

About the movement same to other user comments, the left shoulder cloth and the hands.
About the render maybe you are using low value of samples for AO? the shadows in the arms under the cloth looks like is moving.

Animation looks great. Did you ever change the skinning on the fingers? It may just be the viewing angle but the way he clenches his fists still looks slightly odd to me.

Nice Bleed, very nice. If you can get the hands to be more clenched, that will look better to me, but other than that very cool.

Also, blocked in for Kang's face:
kang.jpg

Last edited:
But bleed, scorpion is bad, sorry saying, but he dont crouch even, he mantains his position, he only moves his arms nothing more, and actualy, he is breething not moving , sorry my bad english

stopping right here for now, have some other stuff to fix up. Will continue on tonight. He has very simple accessories, basic pants and sneakers, so should be finished fairly quickly.

kang2.jpg

I made the movement more exaggerated but the whole torso has to move, not just the arms.

What do you guys think, ok or tone it down? The torso bend back and forward.

TestYourMight_RefLoop.gif

TYM-Focus-Loop_04.gif