Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

First thing I did was model the shape with a tube. Next I put a turbosmooth on it 4 times.

With that, I selected the edge loops going up the hat and used the make shape button. That makes a spline out of an edge selection, so I get something like a hair strand.

It's a bunch of tubes with noise, not textures with alpha.

I tried making the straw with fiber mesh in Zbrush first, but I couldn't control it enough to get the shape. With this other method I get the exact shape I'm looking for.

Last edited:
NICE WORK BLEED! Looks pretty painstaking to place all those splines. This would be a cool secret hat for Raiden if we ever do an MK 1.5

Badmouse I think your status is off a bit

Scorpion - 50%
Reptile - 50%
Subzero - 50%

They lack (fatality animations, jump kick, vertical forward jump kick, punching animation, high kick animation, side kick animation, round house kick, crouching block, being punched, stumble backwards, being foot swept, full-test-your-might animation, crouching kick animation, backfist animation, uppercut animation, jumping punch (which is also scorpions teleport punch) animation, (subzero's resting animation, iceblast, slide), dizzy animation, scorpion's harpoon, leg sweep animation, crouching kicked in the balls, goro "oh no"....I might be missing a few but I think that's about it. Unless I'm wrong and Bleed has been creating these behind the scenes all along?

That's why I was saying I wish we could clone Bleed. I'm still very encouraged by the progress we've made so far. Awesome work by everyone.

That is the wire, It's just made renderable with added thickness.

hi

great work on raiden bleed.

.badmouse. the only thing about your "goro's lair" is its lighting,according to the original game goro's lair should be something like this.

MK1_Goros_Lair_las4.jpg

guys what happened to this goro???

images

^This happened to Goro:

But I mainly wanted to say that I had a huge, huge project presented to me and I'll be a fool not to take it. Nothing is official yet, but I'm crossing my fingers. I will still continue helping with this project as well, but will be very minimal. And honestly, if I can be limited to just modeling other characters and send the files off to someone else to animate, that will good for me.

I believe the Goro model was sent to someone for animations down the road.

@catalctyte I think badmouse was referring to models, not animations/sprites,
@Bleed, great hat, do you plan to use it in your MUGEN project for Raiden?
I'd love to see you make a Lo Pan model :)

I'll use it for my version of Raiden, but I haven't decided how. Maybe it'll change depending on which play style is selected. Something like Kazuya & Devil Team in Tekken Tag.

My GOD! you SOT...Looks so amazing! That is what i call God of thunder! With Diffuse map will be The best Raiden ever! very well done Bleed I love it!

Edit : After the monster raiden i modeled months ago, thanks bleed for resculpt it :)

I start to restudy topology and face muscles, draw practice and i feel like i get a bit better :) I need lear a lot more.

here my practice, modeling from a sphere in Maya, nothing of Zbrush.

head_modeling.png

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest I actually prefer that lightning hat from BTILC over the coolie hat raiden has in actual MK! He looks much more bad ass with it to me. On the other hand the other hat is more true to the original and that's fine for a 1:1 HD remake. I'd like to see how he would look with it taken a step further and having the skin (diffuse) of his gi and sash based on the colors used in BTILC. If you decided to model the silver chest armor he had and the cape that would be cool too for a totally BTILC inspired raiden... that would be good as a "dark raiden".

Last edited:
Wow that's a big improvement ratonmalo, much better!

I don't have much to critique, his neck is a bit strange, the anatomy looks off, but that's about it. It looks a little like Rich.

Nice sculpt Badmouse, his neck is a bit too think. Everything else looks right to me
My GOD! you SOT...Looks so amazing! That is what i call God of thunder! With Diffuse map will be The best Raiden ever! very well done Bleed I love it
Edit : After the monster raiden i modeled months ago, thanks bleed for resculpt it :)

I start to restudy topology and face muscles, draw practice and i feel like i get a bit better :) I need lear a lot more.

here my practice, modeling from a sphere in Maya, nothing of Zbrush.

head_modeling.png

Thanks guy, i will continue learning more to make faces match with real peoples. I really weak in character modeling.

1 question about Modeling. Im using Maya and im not sure if in max have the same setting.

By default all Maya cameras have the Focal Length setting in 35. The last days study modeling techniques i read some where that is better set the camera focal length to 150, here a pic where you can see how different looks with different Focal Length Set.

cfl.jpg

The first head showed with Focal Length set to 35 (default) the second one set to 150.

Last edited:
3DMax doesn't have this problem, by default it's set to use orthographic view ports = no perspective.

Maya uses heavy perspective by default, and you have to change the camera setting to get close to orthographic before modeling.

Generally it's best to model with no perspective, but it's good for tweaking after.

Last edited: