Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Have you guys thought about making your own fighting game? Not a remake, an original one. You never know where it might take you, Bleed you deserve to get paid for your works. It'd be cool if you could make your own game with original characters, give the beta version away for free, if enough people support it, you keep adding contents and start charging them $$$.

I have plenty of ideas to make a new fighting engine. Maybe this is something I could do, it would be great to make a few bucks out of this hobby.

OK, i will change the bridge to blue and the MK3 portal style and change the pit3.

About a original game im 100% agree that make a new original dark game :) will be more fun that create a remake game like MK.

here some pics of The Pit 3

pit3_a.png

pit3_b.png

And the last version of Goro Lair (size 50%)

MK1_Goros_Lair_last.png

GREAT JOB BADMOUSE!

To me Goro's Lair is complete!

Goro's Lair looks very nice indeed, but I have a few small concerns:

-How do the skeletons in the foreground and background compare to the characters scale wise? The difference in size between them suggest a pretty extreme perspective which might make something look out of scale. Should of course be an easy fix if it even is an issue in the first place, but that's literally the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the pic.

-The skeleton hanging in the background looks a little odd to me. Or rather, the skeleton itself looks fine, but it kind of sticks out cause the lighting seems inconsistent with the wall. The chains holding the skeleton look somewhat slack too, while the skeleton's elbows are bent, which... kind of makes it look like the skeleton is pulling itself up. Just making the chains look more tense would make things look more natural though, I think.

-The blood splatter on the walls look very bright. They read more as red or even pink paint than blood to me.

hi jiggeh,

I copied all from the arcade so the side is right like arcade version. front and in the wall one.

Same to the change, i know that don't looks so dynamic but a copied 100% like the arcade position.

About the light in the skeleton, yeah. you are right. the skeleton need high lights and dark areas.

Any update of your Kano? i pretty sure will look amazing :)

Hey Jiggeh,

He's using the arcade as his reference:

http://mkw.mortalkombatonline.com/mk1/arenas/goroslair/

hi jiggeh,

I copied all from the arcade so the side is right like arcade version. front and in the wall one.

Same to the change, i know that don't looks so dynamic but a copied 100% like the arcade position.

About the light in the skeleton, yeah. you are right. the skeleton need high lights and dark areas.

Any update of your Kano? i pretty sure will look amazing :)

Ok I will. I thought he had all mine. Interloko do you have all the stages I've created? You might just be missing the palace gates.

Ok check out Raiden's win pose lightening. Ignore the blurryness of Raiden:

http://www.jtresca.com/test/WINPOSE.mov

Last edited by a moderator:
zsuh16e8.jpg
it doesn't resemble the original
just look at the rocks , I mean the point is to go as close as possible as the original right?
don't get me wrong I appreciate all the effort you guys put into this, it's just constructive criticism with the purpose to help you guys reach your goal .. I mean this is what its about , right? feedback from us fans ...
peace

Well it is true the stones are different, it still maintains a stylized look. Not sure if badmouse is willing to rebuild all those stones though.

View attachment 2586
it doesn't resemble the original
just look at the rocks , I mean the point is to go as close as possible as the original right?
don't get me wrong I appreciate all the effort you guys put into this, it's just constructive criticism with the purpose to help you guys reach your goal .. I mean this is what its about , right? feedback from us fans ...
peace

Ok check out the new Throne Room Mountain Range much higher resolution than before

throneroom_day_moutain_background.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is true the stones are different, it still maintains a stylized look. Not sure if badmouse is willing to rebuild all those stones though.

I think the green hue is throwing things off. Look at the area in the back with the eyes, how it's dark green as opposed to black.

I like the new mountains. There's some white spots above the mountains (around the middle)
but that's easily fixed. Here's the original just for comparison:

mountains.jpg

great work calactyte, I like the raiden effects, flagand mountains :)

I will see what i can do about Goro Lair.
Any update in the God of Thunder?

Unfortunately I've not had much time to work on Kano. What little time I've spent on him since the last update made me realise how out of the loop I am with ZBrush stuff (haven't touched it in months, and as it turns out I've forgotten everything I knew about it lol), so I'm probably going to need a little practice and studying to get back into the swing of things. I'm going to try to put some time and effort into it this week.

It's cool, you are not the only one learning as you go. I've been practicing classic box modeling for the past two days. Trying to stay away from Zbrushing a while.