Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Thanks Bleed,

In looking at the rig, are there twist bones in the forearms as well? I can't really tell from looking at it.

Ooooh yeah, much better! Really good work cal, it feels like it's moving aroud him now.

I see the banner's up on TYM, wow thank you, this totally made my day!

Update on the rig, I'm ready to skin him now. So you'll get to see some animations soon. I haven't made a face animation rig, not sure if I'll use bones or do that with morph targets... Probably morphing.

Raiden_04.jpg

He's got 3 in the fore arms, two in the upper arms, two in the neck and two in the thighs.

The cloth is basically a mesh of stretchy bones. I'll probably add more of those stretchy bones in other parts of his body, like the chest.

I found a little issue on your UMK3 Scorpion bleed, the Spear, Look at thisMK_Scorpion3_avatar[1].jpg
And one more thing, i have a question, i know it is stupid, but that scorpion will have the forward teleport?

He doesn't have the rope coming out of his leading arm in UMK3, that's why I didn't put it to match with the hand.

It looks like it's coming from his Bent arm instead, and even when it catches the rope is not on his leading hand, it's under it.

That is my reason but a few people have pointed this out, so I'll go ahead and make the change.

Looks good too, I wonder how you were making the other ones that these came out so much more accurate.

Well I'm simply tracing over the gifs and then drawing a few more in between frames by hand as opposed to simply using the animation as a visual reference. It seems that everyone prefers accuracy but the artist in me likes to color outside the lines now and then.

It's fine to be a little creative so reference doesn't feel too lost. I feel pretty good with what I'm doing so far, getting it to work gets me pretty hype, I even dream about it some times.

Not super creative work but it's enough for me, are you getting bored? If you are getting bored maybe I won't be so picky, because you are doing some great work and it would be a shame to lose your talent.

No no not getting bored at all. I love this project, and Id like to see it through to the end. I'll be really happy once I know we have two finished characters.

Im not afraid to say I too have had dreams about getting this project to a playable state. What you have achieved with UMK Scorpion is amazing.

That being said, once I finish Raidens lightening victory, I'm going to pass that along to you.

Interloko: What do you need from me and Bleed? Do you need final UI elements? Did Jarvis ever give you the last two screens you needed for the UI?

It's fine to be a little creative so reference doesn't feel too lost. I feel pretty good with what I'm doing so far, getting it to work gets me pretty hype, I even dream about it some times.

Not super creative work but it's enough for me, are you getting bored? If you are getting bored maybe I won't be so picky, because you are doing some great work and it would be a shame to lose your talent.

@calactyte: I sent you an invitation to a Dropbox folder, so you can put your stuff there. I'll send another one to Jarvis cuz I don't have the latest UI files.

I'm now making all the characters with old graphics (scaled to 720), this way I can code with it without rushing anyone.
After this is just tweaks and replace graphics :)

I was going to post an update today but I got tied up with coding instead... Finally got it working but I'll get some more done on Raiden too before calling it a night.

I've added a frame data display system to my Scorpion. Was kind of a pain to figure out, but It looks to be working fine at the moment. What I want to do with this eventually, is have a display appear when you do your moves. Same as what you see in MK9's practice mode with HML, but it would be the frame data instead.

+ or - frames on block or hit.

I got a new buffering system working also, similar to STF4 and VF. I'm using the buffer system to check the frames on fastest possible input.

Ok cool. I'm hoping we haven't lost him. He hasn't posted in over a month.

@calactyte: I sent you an invitation to a Dropbox folder, so you can put your stuff there. I'll send another one to Jarvis cuz I don't have the latest UI files.

I'm now making all the characters with old graphics (scaled to 720), this way I can code with it without rushing anyone.
After this is just tweaks and replace graphics :)

Ok cool. I'm hoping we haven't lost him. He hasn't posted in over a month.

Yeah, UI and Goro, both are great but looks like they are busy now.

Hope they have time to sent to interloko the work they have (not necessity done)
Im posting tonight the actual Goro Lair to check what to fix, after a long time without touch it i forgot what to fix :p sorry for that.

So im posting it in around 7hs from now, after work.

In other news days ago i started to work in a MK3 stage (the Pit 3) in HD, the reason to make me start to make this stage is the Bleed UMK3 Scorpion, a HD character need a HD stage for look better in future youtube videos :)

YES! I was thinking about making it my self, but this is cool, Thanks.

I will post something about the Pit 3 with Goro Lair stage pics.

About the pit 3, im only have done the main bridge and side platforms. Im working in the left entrance.

here some pics of The Pit 3

pit3_a.png

pit3_b.png

And the last version of Goro Lair (size 50%)

MK1_Goros_Lair_last.png

Last edited by a moderator:
About Pit 3: i think you used way too many cracks here. After all it is not some lost building, it's Kahn's main tower and it must look strong. Recolored version of this bridge (with all these cracks) will look better in Lost/Blue Portal stage.

What programs are being used for the 3d models and fighting game aspecys e.g. hit detection etc...

Sorry for double post (merge if necessary), but I have a project I'm working on of my own. I want to learn these programs although I have no development or coding experience, but I can't afford to go to school. I tried but lost my job in between and I don't make enough or have enough time to go.

We use different programs for the 3D models, I use 3d studio max, others use Maya.

Blender3d is the best program out that is close to these but is actually free.

For the game programming, we are using a free 2D fighting game engine called Mugen.

;----------------------------------

Badmouse, the bridge looks amazing but I think Vatalfox has a point. I could use it for the lost portal with that aged look.

The diffuse texture needs more detail, because it's looking kind of blurry. You can mix the texture you have on there, with a smaller tiled texture and that'll break up the surface even further.

Last edited:
Thanks will these also help.with the animations? I know about mugen but I'm using udk 3 to make this a whole standalone game so I can learn to build a game from the ground up... I'm only doing this because I can't afford to go to school so I'm starting to work on my fresh project anyway

Thanks will these also help.with the animations? I know about mugen but I'm using udk 3 to make this a whole standalone game so I can learn to build a game from the ground up... I'm only doing this because I can't afford to go to school so I'm starting to work on my dream project anyway

Quick view of the frame data system.

If you land a hit and wait for both characters to recover, you'll see the result appear.

The numbers float upwards and will follow the parent around while slowly fading away.

The display is interactive, if the attacks or hit states are adjusted the numbers will change.

FrameData_Display.gif

Thanks will these also help.with the animations? I know about mugen but I'm using udk 3 to make this a whole standalone game so I can learn to build a game from the ground up... I'm only doing this because I can't afford to go to school so I'm starting to work on my fresh project anyway

Traditional 3D software like 3d studio max, Maya, Blender, etc. are for animating among other things, they are all in one packages.

You would make the animations in them, and export to UDK.

Then you have specialty programs like Zbrush which are used for High polygon sculpting. Creating detail for normal maps.