Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

if you want to please someone with a specific feature can be dissapointing for hundred people waiting for a mk1 hd remake, not a crazy game mixing all the mks.
so please stop for asking for that kind of things.

Just make the game like MK1 the way you guys are planning and forget everything that everybody wants.

I actually think the thing that ruined MK3 was the team started listening to all the ridiculous things the fans wanted. If they had left out animalities, maybe they could have come up with decent fatalities instead.

Anyway, that aside, just do it the way you guys know is right.

I started this thread after 2 requests from people that wanted to get in touch with other guys that can do some programming,and 3d modelling.Let me remind you that this is about an HD remix.So mk1,mk2 and mk3 gameplay stays untouched,and we just have them with some new graphics.Thats all.Its better not to ask for more.After we are finished with mk1 remix and we see the result maybe you can ask them,but till then whats the point.The best thing we can do is praise them for their work,the early stages seems very good and i have a belief this will be really good.And one more request.Dont anyone ever mention money again.Its not about it at all.Its about our love for this game and its legacy,and nothing more.Thank you in advance

ok it's time for a report ;)

badmouse sent me some images of select, versus and battle plan screen.
i have the select character and versus screen working.
i've used scaled mk1 character images just as place holder. versus images are not final version but it's working.
i was working on battle plan a week ago and then i move to another house. since then i haven't doing anything. the first part of battle plan is finished, i'll finish it soon.

a few hours ago badmouse sent me some screens of a wip stage: warrior shrine. trust me, it's looking pretty good. he will be updating some image later, after fix some stuff.

i was using mugen 1.0 but i'm thinking in use 1.1 to simplify a lot of things. the bad part of it is until 1.1 become public i can't share it.
select screen is looking good but it can look much better in 1.1 with 32 bits support. same with some gradient effects in fonts, or even to do some light effects, for all this 32 bits is so useful

When can we expect a release date? or when we can test it and give feedback?

Sorry, ATM no expect release date and not alpha or beta tester plan. We are in a very early status of develop.

I think that after got some animations for the first character we can make some videos to show stg in movement but only the time will tell, we have not finish the first character model yet so we have nothing to show now.

I think release dates are something to avoid until we have something ready to go. This being a fan project, there are too many variables to make a sure statement, it's ready when it's ready.

OK, here is a very preliminary alpha version of Warrior Shrine.

I have a lot of work left like all the statues of the characters, broke the stones and columns and i big list of things so the final version will have more details. It's only the base of the stage.

WSa_wip_1.png

WSb_wip_1.png

WSc_wip_1.png

OK, here is a very preliminary alpha version of Warrior Shrine.

I have a lot of work left like all the statues of the characters, broke the stones and columns and i big list of things so the final version will have more details. It's only the base of the stage.

WSa_wip_1.png

WSb_wip_1.png

WSc_wip_1.png

southpark.jpg

WOW
I've been browsing TRMK for about 15 years and THIS is what got me to register!

THIS IS AMAZING.
I'm going to start on my bucket list because if you follow up with MKII I'm gonna have a stroke!:hail:

Warrior Shrine looks great.
Is this possible in MUGEN to make stages appear in order like in original game and make unique battleplan fights order for each character?

Warrior Shrine looks great.
Is this possible in MUGEN to make stages appear in order like in original game and make unique battleplan fights order for each character?
i think i can do both in this game..
i can use "order" option for stages. the limit is 10, so it's ok for this game.
about battle plan i will make it exactly as mk1 arcade.

great, we just need a sprite as a reference, not only for making the stage also for some basic coding.
Bleed, how far are you from getting a scorpion render as your umk3 character? not necesary an animation, a single sprite with accurate size could be enough

These next few days I'll be working on the bones and textures for Scorpion. I just finished some work on my other projects, so that's up next. You can use UMK3 scorp if you want for testing, and it's ready now.

Here's the axe with 3D textures, that's an actual sprite.
scorpion-UMK3-axe_textured.gif

Wow, you guys have done a splendid job on this so far and badmouse, I love the stages I'm seeing so far! I can't wait to see how you do the MK II arenas!