Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I see what you are saying..but the animation as I have it is really very accurate to the original. I'm not sure pulsing is right for this. We will need Interloko to drop this animation in to really get a feel for any tweaking.

That being said, have a look at Scorp's spear:

www.jtresca.com/test/corpSpear.rar

need quicktime to view it and you should put it on loop for the best effect.

Pulsing effect for the ice would be cool. it adds an awesome feel even though you guys trying to recreate the original . .

EDIT: I can't view the link, I get an error. .

Same here, getting an error

It is an Ice ball, so it's supposed to be hard but some effect like a morph might be cool still, just for something extra. Maybe you can use a morph or animate a bump map on it, like you would on water textures.

The ice ball could be growing the icicles as it travels across the screen.

That is if you feel like experimenting a little...

I got the head and hands for Raiden Baked now with the normal maps. I'm about ready to move on to rigging.

Last edited:
my vote: rig and test the previous animations on him :p

about the projectiles i don't have quicktime, i played it on media player classsic so i can't say if are good or not.
all i can say is i don't like the animation of the spear :p

Ok! Now I am able to see the spear. . I love how to spear looks, but I dont like the animation of it. . I noticed that the spear itself rotates a complete double revolution 720 degree, the rope looks like it only rotates 180 deg. .

Maybe making the ropes wiggle would be nice. .

EDIT:

bot the ice. . Maybe adding a blur effect or motion blur would do great effect. .

Here's a test for the rope animation.

I made a helix, renderable shape.

Used a 3x3x3 Free form deformer to scale down the ends.

Linked the Helix to a ripple space warp with large slow animated ripples.

Linked the helix to a dummy and and animated the dummy spinning 360 degrees.

RopeTest_02.gif

RopeTest_02.gif

Ok, that was exactly what I was looking to do. I didn't think the helix would work. Only problem is as Interloko said, the front part shouldn't move.

Interloko download Quicktime here:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

It is really more convenient for me to post stuff in QT.

RopeTest_02.gif

This is what I mean. . :D

The helix can be edited if you don't want the end to move. Add an edit spline modifier, select the vertex and center it with a soft selection.

It's easy to hit the center if you link something like a sphere to the rotating dummy. center them and scale down the sphere. Put the vertex of the helix in the center of that sphere.

Last edited:
Here's one I made for my scorpion UMK3 today, same method and I put a real rope texture on the spline.

ScorpionSpear_3Danim.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm? But it is turning the same direction as the texture, clock wise. Maybe you see it in reverse as an illusion?