Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

TESTYOURMIGHT_HD.jpg

Yay the sweet smell of progress. Now I'll work on projectiles.

I am not feeling the console love here!

I understand that the Genesis/SNES/PC versions weren't up to par with the arcade. Why that is (limitations, laziness) is not worth debating because it doesn't really matter - the arcade version is superior, and I'm not about to disagree with you on that. It's just that to me, the console versions are extremely nostalgic and these were the best option for years since most parents wouldn't buy their kids their own arcade cabinet.

So, some of these extra console exclusives evoke good memories (for me) and if they're easily doable, I see no reason to leave them out. This is a chance to make not just a recreation of the arcade MK1, but the definitive version, with the best of everything. These little extras certainly won't detract from the rest of the amazing work that's being put together here.

I guess what I'm asking is, does everyone else see the issue the same way? Do the "Imperial Court of Immortals" and "Code of Honor" screens strike you as a blast from the past, or do they leave a bad taste in your mouth? Would love to see some other opinions on this.

For me it's a blast from the past because I used to play the PC version but for others I can see that it wouldn't be... for that Imperial Court of Immortals" thing. Same thing for those who never played it much on Genesis with the "Code of Honor" thing.

And no I don't really have much love for the 16-bit versions.. I only played them when I didn't have any other choice.

I have thrown around some ideas that I think should be in so it can be a definitive version but it seems the general consensus is just to put exactly what was in the arcade version but in HD.. nothing more nothing less.

eh I lied...., couldn't help my self.

Here's another one, it needs more work, the motion is still a little rough.

I recorded my self working on it, so I can upload the process on youtube.

OK OK, Raiden now Focus! :alberteinstein:

Scorpion_3d_UMK3_stumble.gif

Looks great Bleed, the rig of this scorpion is complex? i mean, you can reuse the bones with other character? or have too many custom bones on the cloth?

No it's just the biped and a few extra bones to move the cloth. I can put all these animations on the MK1 scorpion and have them working with a few tweaks. I would need to adjust the cloth, clipping and other little details to compensate for the different shape of the model.

I am not feeling the console love here!

I understand that the Genesis/SNES/PC versions weren't up to par with the arcade. Why that is (limitations, laziness) is not worth debating because it doesn't really matter - the arcade version is superior, and I'm not about to disagree with you on that. It's just that to me, the console versions are extremely nostalgic and these were the best option for years since most parents wouldn't buy their kids their own arcade cabinet.

So, some of these extra console exclusives evoke good memories (for me) and if they're easily doable, I see no reason to leave them out. This is a chance to make not just a recreation of the arcade MK1, but the definitive version, with the best of everything. These little extras certainly won't detract from the rest of the amazing work that's being put together here.

I guess what I'm asking is, does everyone else see the issue the same way? Do the "Imperial Court of Immortals" and "Code of Honor" screens strike you as a blast from the past, or do they leave a bad taste in your mouth? Would love to see some other opinions on this.

I agree with you 100%. I myself would want the "definitive" version. If you want exactly the same as the arcade, play the recent arcade collection. As a specific example, I myself prefer the SNES select screen music over the original arcade version. Sadly it seems few here care. They only want to believe they are playing an arcade machine.

Yes, all are really good, Bleed ,calactyte, Interloko ,badmouse and all others , who work on the project other are really big professionals . Thx guys.

Last edited:
@Calactyte: I've downloaded the file great job but I think I will cut the bits into individual pieces and code it as arcade with some random velocities.
You know, something like this:

htfg9f.gif

Attachments

• htfg9f.gif
    htfg9f.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 162
@Calactyte: I've downloaded the file great job but I think I will cut the bits into individual pieces and code it as arcade with some random velocities.
You know, something like this:

htfg9f.gif

Hey Interloko,

Very cool, sure I understand, I just wanted you to have everything done already just in case you didn't want to go through all that coding effort. I rendered a few frames of each so that the particles rotate in 3D a bit. You might not use all frames but I just wanted you to be aware that they are there.