Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Sorry AntrAcsA... I live in Sofia, but I don't speak Bulgarian. I'm from Sweden originally, just moved here about two months ago. I think "Zdravei" is about the only part I could understand. x)

Oh :D ok ,I understand

@Bleed , you must make your own blog . There is a lot fee hosts and domains for it ;)

Bulgarian in most cases understandable for russian-speakers;)

"Ако мога да помогна с нещо ми пиши на скайп AntrAcsA, владея досат програми в това число и фотошоп." is something kinda "I'll help with what i can do, contact me in Skype AntrAcsA, i know lots of programs including photoshop" :)

Bulgarian in most cases understandable for russian-speakers;)

"Ако мога да помогна с нещо ми пиши на скайп AntrAcsA, владея досат програми в това число и фотошоп." is something kinda "I'll help with what i can do, contact me in Skype AntrAcsA, i know lots of programs including photoshop" :)

Хорошо :D correct .

Nice, but I think the body should move, like the original, and the claps should not be synced.

Anyway, how do you plan to make the monks clap in mugen when the round is over? I don't think it could be done, unless the sprites are on the character.

Really? I don't like the way the bodies moved in the original. It looked like they were pulsing wierdly. If they are Monks, they should be calm, not constantly moving around. I'm ready to call this stage done unless anyone else has any comments.

Nice, but I think the body should move, like the original, and the claps should not be synced.

Anyway, how do you plan to make the monks clap in mugen when the round is over? I don't think it could be done, unless the sprites are on the character.

From what I know about MuGen (not much at all): you can custom build just about anything you want into it if you understand the programming language. I think Interloko has that level of knowledge so he can probably do it.

Really? I don't like the way the bodies moved in the original. It looked like they were pulsing wierdly. If they are Monks, they should be calm, not constantly moving around. I'm ready to call this stage done unless anyone else has any comments.

For what it's worth, they sit still in MK9. But I think they originally made them move just to give the stage some signs of life.

From what I know about MuGen (not much at all): you can custom build just about anything you want into it if you understand the programming language. I think Interloko has that level of knowledge so he can probably do it.
MUGEN has some limitations but I can make the monks clap, that's not a problem

Calactyte, can you show the whole stage before you call it done, would like to see the corners.
Courtyard is looking beautiful, the only thing that looks weird to me are dragon heads on the wall:

2nve6o8.jpg

Original:
wall1o.jpg

X2:
efgwox.jpg

Привет, я из России и я очень заинтересован вашим MK HD Remix. Я конечно не владею photoshop, навыки есть, но они слабые, пока только учусь. Я уже 2 дня просматриваю страницы этого форума, и мне очень понравились ваши работы я честно даже удивился. Тут есть один вопрос, так для интереса:
Можете сказать дату выхода данного проекта или хотя-бы на сколько процентов проект готов?
Извините что вторгся в ваш разговор, просто хотел пожелать вам удачи!!!!!!!!!Вы супер, просто молодцы!!!!!!
ПЕРЕВОД:
Greetings, I from Russia and I are very interested by yours MK HD Remix. I certainly don't own photoshop, skills are, but they weak while only I study. I look through 2 days pages of this forum, and I very much liked your works I fairly even was surprised. Here there is one question, so for interest:
Can tell date of an exit of the given project or though on how many percent the project is ready?
Excuse that has intruded in your conversation, simply wanted to wish your of good luck!!!!!!!!! You super, it is simple good fellows!!!!!!

Setting a date is unreliable since we are working on our free time. It's not going to be finished in the near future.

Many details need to be created, a lot more than may appear.

Calactyte, the monks look better. I still think they're much too harshly lit though; the top of their heads looks almost pure white, and their necks are almost pure black (even darker than the ceiling above Shang Tsung's throne). Considering how bright the scene is I think the shadows could be toned down a fair bit - it would also help making the slightly darker monks on the back rows looks less muddy.

I think with the three models you have now there is enough variety, especially if their animation is staggered. I'd recommend spreading them out more randomly though (or at least offset each row by a certain number of monks) because right now they're sitting in chunks of four with a slight space in between.

That's one problem I'm having, It's kind of hard to make the transitions look smooth when keeping the original timing and pose of UMK3 sprites.

Some times it has to be so fast, there's like 1 or 2 frames of transition from one pose to the next. Other times, the animation gets kind of slow. Keeping the timing messes with the feel of squash and stretch. I just can't make it look as good as I could if I match everything exactly. These things require some changes to get a better flow and feel.

Another thing is you notice changes in animation more with added frames. I really noticed that with the hit animations, it snaps a lot but I never saw it on the low res sprites.

Last edited: