Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Haha thanks a lot guys! I'm glad ya like it. If ya have any critiques please do pass them along.

I'm actually swapping the file out now with an updated version. I made a couple mix changes.

OK Updated the Monk Faces and animation.

-3 faces now (2 more Asian looking)
-Clapping has been staggered
-Darkened the back row of Monks
-All 3 sets of Monks have slightly different head movements animations as well.

Not sure why Flash won't show the full animation, but anyway, it's up there with the clapping pausing as they put their hand back down.

http://www.jtresca.com/test/courtyard.html

OK Updated the Monk Faces and animation.

-3 faces now (2 more Asian looking)
-Clapping has been staggered
-Darkened the back row of Monks
-All 3 sets of Monks have slightly different head movements animations as well.

Not sure why Flash won't show the full animation, but anyway, it's up there with the clapping pausing as they put their hand back down.

http://www.jtresca.com/test/courtyard.html

This = absolutely awesome.

Closer but the darkening effect is looking more like a Photoshop layer filter than a darker shadow to separate the rows, It's too strong.

One the the monks has the outer edges of his eye brow ridge too low and it looks strange. you could move it up and make his face more round instead? Compare it to some actor maybe.

Other wise I think it's looking great.

Hi Bleed,

Ok I'll lessen the shadowing effect of the back row. Can you take a quick screen grab of which of the 3 monks that looks wierd?

Closer but the darkening effect is looking more like a Photoshop layer filter than a darker shadow to separate the rows, It's too strong.

One the the monks has the outer edges of his eye brow ridge too low and it looks strange. you could move it up and make his face more round instead? Compare it to some actor maybe.

Other wise I think it's looking great.

In MK1 all monk's bodies move, not just head. In addition their faces aren't very detailed.

Yes, and they looked very strange. So we will make just their heads move. I imagine them being quite a bit more reserved as monks. In the original game they pulsed unnaturally as if they need to use the rest room or perhaps they drank too much coffee.

As for the detailed faces, to Justin's point, if I don't add detail to the faces then why make any of this HD at all? In the original game they look like aliens.