Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

mugen 1.1 supports 32 bits so you can make a shadow semitransparent or solid.
if you want the shadow we can make 2 things:

1- keep the original shadow. the select screen is the game itself, we'll use the mugen select screen for mode select screen for 2 reassons:
A) mugen doesn't support character idle animation. there's a tricky way to make something similar but i don't like it at all
B) add extra modes for versus.
the problem if we use a diferent shadow in every stage then the shadow will be diferent at select screen too =/

2- make the shadows separated and add them by code at select screen.

all depends if you want the shadows (in the stages) diferent or the same as the arcade version.

Interloko, I think having the shadows the same as arcade for every stage (including select screen) would be good enough. It's simple, it works in the original, so I don't think it needs to be changed unless a reason to change it shows up.

Also, I don't mean have it solid black like arcade, but just keep it the same for all stages.

Interloko, I think having the shadows the same as arcade for every stage (including select screen) would be good enough. It's simple, it works in the original, so I don't think it needs to be changed unless a reason to change it shows up.

Also, I don't mean have it solid black like arcade, but just keep it the same for all stages.
The only difference in the original is The Pit, where you only see part of the shadow on the bridge:

2m4ewcy.jpg

294qtj4.jpg

I think that you can't use MUGEN 1.1 while it wasn't release anyways..
As far as I know this game is being made for mugen 1.1 (when it comes out) and Interloko is one of the testers.

Sash is thinner toward the knot

Knot has loops

Knot hanging cloth made shorter

Kung fu slippers modeled

Pants thicker at the knees

Bulge on the sox for pants to fit under.

Scorpion's hands replacing old hands

Front flap of the shirt, slit closed

Raiden_03.jpg

Can't wait to see it animated!

are you going to use 2 or 4k? textures for this one?

Please use the edit button.

~Thanks =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiden Looks amazing, so far better that mine XD

I think is not necessary make more modifications on ZB. The Realism will come with the Diffuse map so, I think is ready for the re topology. UVs, Diffuse and NM and render test, Skinning...Really a lot of work left so Let's thumbs up the ZB Sculpt and move to the re topology

Last edited:
I think that you can't use MUGEN 1.1 while it wasn't release anyways..
I can use it but i can't release it now. by the time the game is complete i think 1.1 will be public and if doesn't then i'll convert the game to 1.0, no problem.

@Bleed: Wow Raiden is looking great right now. Good job!

Raiden looks fantastic, no complaints here. Once the hat is finished the model will be complete as far as I'm concerned.

At the risk of sounding overly positive,

Raiden is done as far as Zbrush sculpting goes. Beautiful work Bleed! I agree with Badmouse, it's ready for retopology now.

I think hat detail should be handled with diffuse/bump mapping. I don't think it would be necessary for bleed to sculpt those high frequency details Jiggeh.

Sash is thinner toward the knot

Knot has loops

Knot hanging cloth made shorter

Kung fu slippers modeled

Pants thicker at the knees

Bulge on the sox for pants to fit under.

Scorpion's hands replacing old hands

Front flap of the shirt, slit closed

Raiden_03.jpg

Awesome! I think it's perfect now ! Great work Bleed!

*gasp*

That Raiden is incredible <3

Lol! yeah! B.t.w. Great Signature Jade! Brings back the old RE memories . .

Alright then, I'll move on to retopology. The hat details will be made with textures and bump mapping. It should suffice, but if it's not looking good, I'll go over it in Zbrush.

^Maybe Jiggeh meant the shape of the hat, not texture.
When you look closely at sprites, the hat seems to be perfectly round
when seen from the front:

n145rq.jpg

but when seen from the side, you can see it's actually not:

2ev9pq1.jpg

de78nq.jpg

The hat on your model Bleed looks to be perfectly round (even tho' I can't
see it from the side) I'm not sure how necessary it is to correct this but there,
just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Those hats are supposed to be pretty much a perfect circle but they do wobble a bit. I can give it a little imperfection.