Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

hope this help for object position and size reference.

mk1_c.png

i made this.. maybe is too late :p
it's in both original and 720 res
http://www.multiupload.com/VJ199D6EL4

probably i won't make anything for the project until feb 20 (will be busy/ in hollidays), i'll try to do something anyway.
i'll focus then to code the whole project with the old sprites (scaled) and the is just replace, and tweak the animations etc.

Added the sash, hanging part.

Replaced the bandages with sleeves/sox

Pants are a little more baggy

Raiden_02.jpg

Niceeeee. Theres always going to be something to point out, but this looks complete for the most part. Something about the silhouette of the outer pants seems a bit off... When ignoring the outline it looks accurate.

I must say he looks pretty close to my eyes. Speaking of eyes, how are you going to do them? Are you going to photoshop them in afterwards like the originals or actually add illuminating eyes to the model?

Raiden_Edit_001.jpg
This was a realllly quick edit on the silhouette of the pants but I think it gets the point across. IMO it would look accurate by widening the pants a bit similar to the image.

Bleed, this is very accurate if you base your model off of that MKSecret photo of Raiden.
However, in actual game he had no slit on his front cloth, and the hanging sash is much smaller.
To me it woks the way it is now, tho I'd go with DEMONSEEDs suggestion of widening the pants.

spb4ae.gif

Last edited:
Bleed, this is very accurate if you base your model off of that MKSecret photo of Raiden.
However, in actual game he had no slit on his front cloth, and the hanging sash is much smaller.
To me it woks the way it is now, tho I'd go with DEMONSEEDs suggestion of widening the pants.

spb4ae.gif

^^
Good point out there. . That's why I'm confused when Bleed put a slit on the front cloth . .

It's the same costume though I'm pretty sure, you just can't see it because it's low res in the game and it's hard to see the details of a white cloth over white pants.

The eyes and electric effects will be for real in 3d. I'm not doing post work in Photoshop.

Well the reference WIP shot has a slit in it. But if you scroll back two pages to the arcade sprites, it does actually look like the slit is missing. They may have shopped it out, or sewn it closed.

WIP:
mk1-behind46.jpg

Arcade:
sw8ioo.jpg
2cmuj2v.jpg
2en428y.jpg

The sash looks like it was either folded in on itself, or replaced with a pouch.

I wonder if they folded it to keep it from swinging. There was a similar problem with Kabal's trench coat for MK3, it was supposed to be long at first. The more cloth swings, the more frames you need to make it play smooth.

I'll close the slit then, it's not a big deal.

Well the reference WIP shot has a slit in it. But if you scroll back two pages to the arcade sprites, it does actually look like the slit is missing. They may have shopped it out, or sewn it closed.

WIP:
mk1-behind46.jpg

Arcade:
sw8ioo.jpg
2cmuj2v.jpg
2en428y.jpg

The sash looks like it was either folded in on itself, or replaced with a pouch.

I think the Sash was tied multiple times that's why it looks smaller . .

I wonder if they folded it to keep it from swinging. There was a similar problem with Kabal's trench coat for MK3, it was supposed to be long at first. The more cloth swings, the more frames you need to make it play smooth.

I'll close the slit then, it's not a big deal.

Yeah! But it was turned in to a short coat, due to memory limits. . By the way You'll make the glow and the electricity in 3d? Man! That's cool! There's nothing I can say to you Bleed! You the bomb ! !

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL WHO LIVES IN THE EASTERN PART OF THE WORLD!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

EDIT: Oh! By the way, maybe that Raiden Model would be a great gift for Jade's birthday . .

Last edited:
Happy New Year, boys and girls. I wish you next year good health and money, the rest comes after. I wish you and this project to reach the end, to be completed, not forsaken and forgotten like others, thousands of similar mugen projects :)
Cheers.

Hey guys, happy new year to you all :)
I've been enjoying the holidays lately so I haven't been around, but I'll be back to working on the project in a couple of days. Keep up the great progress!