Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

MKP is an MK game created years ago with the old WinMugen engine.

Mugen by default plays more like a street fighter game, but the code was changed to mimic that of MK's.

The mugen used for this MK1 is not out yet, mugen 1.0 is out now and MK1 is using Mugen 1.1 still under development, but an update to what's currently out.

Raiden's hat will have the pattern eventually.

I saw what he said, but this more than made up for it. Thanks man, I think I speak for all of us when I say this means a lot. :)
I don't see why we needed to be targets of his (MugenKombat's) vitriol but it was nice of MikeyMK to say what he did. Anyway, I'm just glad that that's over.. now onto more MK HD goodness. :)

What are the differences between MKP and regular MUGEN
Gameplay, how all things coded.

We can certainly make many fans happy by completing this project
It's not your project. Few visitors here always speak like they're in team, ridiculous.

Last edited:
Here's what I got so far, re worked the TKD uniform and the sash, I'll add the part that hangs from it later.

Raiden_01.jpg

Here's what I got so far, re worked the TKD uniform and the sash, I'll add the part that hangs from it later.

Raiden_01.jpg

big improvement on the top half, the folds on the sleeves look cool especially. The pants folds are looking better, they should definitely be baggier, though I know its still a work in progress. good stuff.

EDIT: IMO a significant change would be to taper the ends of the folds a bit more to add to the angular look so the material doesnt look too soft.

I think that Raiden still thin, but face looks good.

Look closely, there's just model without any textures!

Bleed, here you can see detailed hat.
mk1flyer01.jpg

That's what I'm talking about. . The square patterns

I think Raiden could use some weight gain :) and something about his pants looks a bit off
to me. Not quite sure, maybe they're not baggy enough or maybe it's the part where they
meet the bandages on the lower part of the legs. Here's some screens from MAME:

sw8ioo.jpg
2cmuj2v.jpg

2en428y.jpg

As for the hat, maybe you can try to tilt it back and see how it looks, like so:

32zug7c.jpg

Like I said a million times before, great job man.

It seems like that the pants are big and baggy . .

Have you ever heard the saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it." Nobody is asking you to stay here and talk about this project. Having this game done does not help nor hurt you, so just lay off.

^^^
TRUE.....TRUE....

I didn't know that MKMUGEN was an A**Hole . .

Raiden_01.jpg

Cool! You're the man Bleed! ! by the way, 1 crit for this. . Why is your Raiden model have a slit on the hanging cloth pad. . ?

EDIT: I think a crisscross stroke would be a cool pattern for raiden's hat. .
Another crit for the Raiden model. . Where is the tied part of the sash?

I think the "Team" is not so black and white, anybody that contributes in some way is helping the process. Actually creating the assets is not the only thing considered in team work. Not everybody is able to create the art or code, but can provide some feed back which is also very helpful in stimulating the mind, and getting a fresh look on things. If it wasn't I wouldn't bother posting my work for critique, so to me this is important.

That slit is supposed to be there.

The pattern on the hat will be added later, same with the hanging cloth from the sash. He's not finished this is just what I got done today.

mk1-behind46.jpg

Last edited:
I think the "Team" is not so black and white, anybody that contributes in some way is helping the process. Actually creating the assets is not the only thing considered in team work. Not everybody is able to create the art or code, but can provide some feed back which is also very helpful in stimulating the mind, and getting a fresh look on things. If it wasn't I wouldn't bother posting my work for critique, so to me this is important.

That slit is supposed to be there.

The pattern on the hat will be added later, same with the hanging cloth from the sash. He's not finished this is just what I got done today.

mk1-behind46.jpg

Oh! I didn't noticed that slit before. LOLxD! . . B.t.w. which of the two hat pattern will you apply? The crisscross ones or the square ones?

That's a huge improvement over the last version. I would still like to see more exaggeration in the silhouette around the waist and the lower legs, but you're most definitely headed in the right direction. Frankly I wasn't too ecstatic about the last version, but I think the current model looks very promising.

I've been looking at this forum for a while now, and I would like to say that you guys are doing excellent with this game. Also, are the stages going to be exactly the same, or are you guys gonna add something new here and there?

I've been looking at this forum for a while now, and I would like to say that you guys are doing excellent with this game. Also, are the stages going to be exactly the same, or are you guys gonna add something new here and there?

The goal is to make things as close as possible to the original.

Sorry for the lack of sound FX updates recently guys. I'll have new stuff posted soon.

I really like this, I love the bass, it's much better than the Throne Room music you posted, that one sounded too intense.

I really like this, I love the bass, it's much better than the Throne Room music you posted, that one sounded too intense.

Thank you.

I believe the Throne Room piece you are referring to was done by Grid. I can't remember if I heard it or not.

At some point the team will decide which direction they want to go. Grid's is much more faithful to the original, whereas mine are a bit of a re-interpretation with mostly real instruments.

Raiden_01.jpg

This is good progresss.. everything is lookig pretty good to me so far and I too never noticed the slit on the front of the uniform either! Although they don't seem to show it in the game... well it'll be nice to have Raiden be not so low res. He seemed to be one of the most pixelated characters in the original game. :p I look forward to seeing this textured.

Ok, I've scoured the internet, and I absolutely suck at finding things. Can anyone help me find the full level of the Courtyard? Even if it's screens pieced together, I just need it to get the correct proportions. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. I prefer the arcade version, but SNES would do also.