Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Merry Christmas my fellow Kombatants...

And would you please give the resolution stuff a rest please? This project is going to be widescreen and it's going to turn out well... END OF STORY! Seriously, I'm getting sick of people's irrational fears towards widescreen and all the arguments about it. It's already been discussed and decided and it's going to be widescreen with hor+ and not cropping. Don't be scared it's not going to be bad. If anything is going to affect the gameplay it's going to be the new sprites and gameplay code unrelated to the widescreen. This latest argument is just a rehash. Also just because something may affect the gameplay even just a little bit that doesn't automatically make it bad.

Perhaps this thread needs a sticky FAQ. BTW, for new people the original pixel ratio was closer to 16:10.

Last edited:
This is now the Merry Christmas thread :cool:

This may sound like a bit of a stretch, but yous guys should add your own secrets and easter eggs to this game.
MK has always been about it secrets.

This may sound like a bit of a stretch, but yous guys should add your own secrets and easter eggs to this game.
MK has always been about it secrets.
i'm an old skhool mk player and this is what i missed in the latest mk games, so you can expect some easter egg for sure

I held out all day and you spill the beans :/

The tune sounds kind of muddy to me with that rumbling in the background, otherwise it's pretty cool.

I think the rumbling could be replaced with a better drum sound. Overall it's pretty good. I think it could use some realistic sounding instrument sampling.

I held out all day and you spill the beans :/

The tune sounds kind of muddy to me with that rumbling in the background, otherwise it's pretty cool.

Firstly, I hope everyone had a great holiday. Been busy myself with that, birthdays and a wedding to attend soon. Also fixing up portfolio and resume and all that cool stuff. But I mainly wanted to say that I had a huge, huge project presented to me and I'll be a fool not to take it. Nothing is official yet, but I'm crossing my fingers.

I will still continue helping with this project as well, but will be very minimal. And honestly, if I can be limited to just modeling other characters and send the files off to someone else to animate, that will good for me. Kind of a selfish request, I know, but its the only way that I can see myself moving forward at a decent pace, as of right now. Just in case I'm not here by then, have a safe and happy new years guys!!

Firstly, I hope everyone had a great holiday. Been busy myself with that, birthdays and a wedding to attend soon. Also fixing up portfolio and resume and all that cool stuff. But I mainly wanted to say that I had a huge, huge project presented to me and I'll be a fool not to take it. Nothing is official yet, but I'm crossing my fingers.

I will still continue helping with this project as well, but will be very minimal. And honestly, if I can be limited to just modeling other characters and send the files off to someone else to animate, that will good for me. Kind of a selfish request, I know, but its the only way that I can see myself moving forward at a decent pace, as of right now. Just in case I'm not here by then, have a safe and happy new years guys!!
Good luck with your new project :) and only Bleed, no one else here can make animations well . If he is agreed to do that, will be great.

Hi Mortal Gojira,

First congrats on the opportunity!! Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Would you be cool with sending me your zBrush files and any textures maps you've created? I can PM you details. Goro is so awesome, I'd don't want to lose the outstanding progress that you've made.

i have a question, is this remake will be 100% like a original MK or will have some differences, like a reptile for example, he will have scorpion and sub-zero movies and powers or he will be his powers like Mk2?
and shang tusng, he only cast fireballs and transform into others or he will fight with his form too?
i think its better make a reptile like MK2 reptile and make shang fight whit his body and only a few times change form
well it's just my opinion
great job Gis and thanks for the efforts

and sorry for bad english

Everything will be the same as the original arcade. If we end up doing an MK 1.5 via downloadable content, then we might change some things and add in new ideas. Right now the objective is to recreate the original MK.

i have a question, is this remake will be 100% like a original MK or will have some differences, like a reptile for example, he will have scorpion and sub-zero movies and powers or he will be his powers like Mk2?
and shang tusng, he only cast fireballs and transform into others or he will fight with his form too?
i think its better make a reptile like MK2 reptile and make shang fight whit his body and only a few times change form
well it's just my opinion
great job Gis and thanks for the efforts

and sorry for bad english

No problem Mortal Gojira, we can work on it together. You do what you can and someone can take over from there.

I can handle the textures, rigging and animation if I need to.

I hope to be able to contribute some modeling and/or texturing, but I'd be happy to help out with animation as well.