Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Keep up the good work guys.. don't let a little bump in the road slow you down. Hope you can keep the work here as checking two different sites would not really be desired. If I were you guys I'd all get on a messenger system and maybe share files over Drop Box or something similar, but keep copies of all your work locally as accidents can happen.

Wow you and Interloko are harsh critics:) LOL the trelace is an untextured 3D model with no lighting or anything. I'm just posting progress. The Dragon and the trelace are barebones 3D. Maybe it's best if I don't post these WIP's because people will misinterpret this as finished work. Anyway, you'll see, it'll be cool when it's finished.

I'd like to see how it'd play without it before condemning not having invisible walls and having a slightly wider (compared to the almost 16:10 aspect it had before) as being show stoppingly game changing in a negative way. I think it's only people's fears that it may not work gameplay-wise that are the biggest deal when it comes to widescreen. Besides even with invisible walls the character would still have to traverse the extra space when for example Scorpion does his teleport which is the one thing that would mostly be affected. About that I was thinking the same way as Interloko that if nessasary one could tweak the velocity to compensate for the extra width although again it's not that much more than the OPR so it may not be necessary to do it or perhaps only a little bit.

I think this lacks texture and dimensionality to it. I think it'd be better made as a 3D model with textures and matching the look and feel of the rest of the stages. The trelace should I think look like it's made of iron and painted... the small ones in the palace gate sort of look this way in your remake and have a nice three dimensional look to them. Also this is for the courtyard, no? Shouldn't it be red? The middle barry part is supposed to match the other piece that's also reused in the palace gates looking at the original sprites. I mean look at this page where it shows them next to each other:

http://mkw.mortalkombatonline.com/mk1/arenas/thecourtyard/

BTW, I didn't like having too much push back in the corner as it prevented me from going crazy with juggles especially in MK2 although I understand that it's probably part of the feel of the game.

It's just they don't work with 3D so it looks weird unfinished... It's okay to post stuff like that I think, it's nice to see how things are made.

That model is like what I posted, with Carlos not having ears and such. It helps motivate the others to keep up.

If you wait too long till the model is looking good, it'll seem like people are not working.

Wow you and Interloko are harsh critics:) LOL the trelace is an untextured 3D model with no lighting or anything. I'm just posting progress. The Dragon and the trelace are barebones 3D. Maybe it's best if I don't post these WIP's because people will misinterpret this as finished work. Anyway, you'll see, it'll be cool when it's finished.

Sorry it just didn't look like anything more than something put together in 2D in photoshop to me. However, I'll take your word for it and look forward to seeing more progress on it. I didn't interpret it as finished though and that's partially why I said what I did... just because I'm offering critique doesn't mean I think something is finished.

Its my fault for not being more descriptive.

It's just they don't work with 3D so it looks weird unfinished... It's okay to post stuff like that I think, it's nice to see how things are made.

That model is like what I posted, with Carlos not having ears and such. It helps motivate the others to keep up.

If you wait too long till the model is looking good, it'll seem like people are not working.

Ok no worries, I'm posting unfinished stuff to keep people motivated.

Sorry it just didn't look like anything more than something put together in 2D in photoshop to me. However, I'll take your word for it and look forward to seeing more progress on it. I didn't interpret it as finished though and that's partially why I said what I did... just because I'm offering critique doesn't mean I think something is finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to hear there's an understanding between us. As for how to deal with heated disputes, I don't think we need a special set of rules or anything, personally I'd fine with no locks (even if temporary) and trusting us to handle most problems as you guys mostly have already. Unless it's something that obviously needs a mod to step in of course.

I think having a sub-forum here would be a perfect compromise, for anyone that wants to stay here and for anyone who wants to get more organized. Just AFAIK it's never been done for a fan-game before at TRMK, so I hadn't thought much about it. If you think it's possible, and these guys agree with it, I'll ask about whether we could set that up. Seems like a good choice to me.

Part of the reason locks happen is because regular mods (blue names) do not have the power to ban members so a lock is sometimes better until a super mod can get online. In this case, no, I do not think it was necessary, but RIP may have thought people would get out of hand with what was said and if no super mods were online to ban people (had it even gotten that far), things could have gotten bad and infractions may not be enough to get people to chill out.

Again, in this case, I don't think a lock was necessary, but everyone mods differently and RIP may have thought it was the best course of action because people could have easily gotten heated over the comments and completely destroyed the thread.

Last edited:
A little more progress

Let me know if something isn't looking right, I'm not just posting for compliments. Critique will help make it better.

CarlosPesina_WIP02.jpg

A little more progress

Let me know if something isn't looking right, I'm not just posting for compliments. Critique will help make it better.

CarlosPesina_WIP02.jpg

There really just wasn't much to critique in your last post.

In this one the folds around his mouth look a bit exaggerated, but that may just be the way you have him lit. Also his nostrils seem a bit large. Not his nose, but his actual nose holes. lol It's kinda hard to tell with the blank expression, but I'd say he's near completion. Add a little stubbly mustache and I'd say you have yourself a fine Carlos.

Bleed, sorry I can't give you any valuable crit, but I think you are definitely on the right track. I'm comparing to a photo of Carlos and what you've got is looking great to me.

do you know who is Shock?
Man, who can only count ticks in MAME? ^_^

They have seen my actual umk3 engine and both said it's incredible awesome
I though we speak about MK1 remake, you probably know that UMK3 engine different.

I'm using umk3 data riped by Fly, so it's accurate if it's well implemented.
Fly described only UMK3 custom characters' values, which used in UMK3 (!).

We use widescreen
And that sucks I must say, because MK1 screen size wasn't wide.

Anyways, like you said it isn't MUGEN project, then you will not receive any help anymore.

A little more progress

CarlosPesina_WIP02.jpg

His upper lip looks a bit strange. The whole form seems fine for now, we'll see how will it look with textures. Actually, does the model look like a real person depends on textures 80%:)

Man, who can only count ticks in MAME? ^_^

I though we speak about MK1 remake, you probably know that UMK3 engine different.

Fly described only UMK3 custom characters' values, which used in UMK3 (!).

And that sucks I must say, because MK1 screen size wasn't wide.

Anyways, like you said it isn't MUGEN project, then you will not receive any help anymore.

If implemented the right way widescreen won't have any impact on gameplay whatsoever. And as long as it's used correctly the UMK3 data will work fine for MK1. That doesn't mean the game is going to play like UMK3 - every 2D Mortal Kombat game was based off of MK1 and uses the same engine despite how radically different they were.

For what is worth...
- I believe this project is excellent in all aspects.
- I think this thread should stay and trouble makers should be banned.
- I see some envy around, people are jealous and that's not new. MK Mugen Comunity is like that.
- I like the idea of encripting the game.
- I am sure this team can comunicate by PM or MSN and this thread allows the rest of us to know of the progress and offer suggestions.
- I dislike people fighting to force their ideas in the project, they should instead give their suggestions and shut up after that.

Bleed: Maybe next time you could post your Carlos art along with a picture of the real guy on a similar position so people can see better the similarities and offer a competent constructive criticism.

I'm amazed at the level of skill displayed by every single one on this project, to tell the truth (at least in my opinion) this project is the best one in all mugen history. It is good you're focused in your vision and you have decided not to please trouble makers who think they have the right to tell you where to post and what to do with your hard work.

Hopefully WB will respect the fans and this project by not forcing you to stop. I also hope you guys stay together and motivated, merry christmas to you all in advance...!

Last edited:
I don't have that many pictures to work from, most are small and blurry. If you want to compare, just do a google Image search or find him on youtube MK history videos.

Thanks for the critique again, I'll work on those things mentioned and more.

Last edited: