Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I still think we need to stick to the plan. Leave the new ideas for an upgrade if we are able to pull this one off.

Adding new stuff and changing things will make the team lose focus, you give people too many options and they can't make a decision.

This isn't an actual job for us, and we need to remember that. Going all out with something amazing is stretching our limits. This thing could fall apart at any moment, so I really think we need to stay on track and just try to get it done before it's too late.

I know it's awesome to think of all the stuff we could do, but we'd be getting ahead of our selves.

I have withdrawn my suggestion of the bonus option and relegated my ideas to something DLC-esque, as interloko suggested. Since he is pretty much the hub of the wheel here, I'll go with what he wants. Like I said, I don't want to ask anyone to generate any content that they don't want to.

And it's a very good point that this project, while having made some good progress, could die anytime. Such is the nature of many internet, volunteer type projects, unfortunately.

Anyway, I think what it comes down to for me, is that I know I, most likely, won't have very much fun playing this game, because I don't have much fun replaying the original. I love MK with a retarded adamancy, but the first game was pretty limited. That's why little bites of new are so important to me. Also, as an artist, creating something that has already been created isn't nearly as rewarding or interesting as creating something new. But to each his own.

Last edited:
This is still very early, but just to post something...

CarlosPesina_WIP01.jpg

Nice work Bleed!

I'll play show and tell too. Hopefully you can tell what these assets are for.

Dragon_WIP.jpg

Coloring/texture is not finished at all yet.

POST_WIP.jpg

Someone in here is really stinkin' up the amazing work going on, please don't derail, lol.

Okaaaaaaaay.

I'm going to assume this was directed at me. I guess my recent opinions have ruffled some feathers so some expect me to bag on everything or something. Nonsense, silly person.

Staying on topic, I am, of course, impressed by Bleed's work. His sculpt is pretty much spot on. I can't even pick out a single critique. The guy is well on the way to making a great thunder god. Bravo, sir!

Calactyte, your stuff is great too. That's for the Courtyard, yeah? Good stuff.

This is one of the reassons for keep it closed source
Then I can say I'm not very interested as well. There's only reason can be - you don't want to share work like always.

another one (and more important) is for keep some easter eggs/secrets safe.
Who cares about it? It can be coded with various ways.

This project is for MK kommunity
And now you divided MK and MUGEN kommubity. However many people like both things.

why would you need anything besides MKP anyway?
May be because it's horrible and outdated.)

Heard enough dumb MK followers, time to leave.

LOL, Leon I know some things you say are perhaps misunderstood since English is clearly not your first language. However in any language, you pretty much just called everyone in this forum (who are MK fans) dumb. So yeah in any language that's offensive.

As for the MUGEN community. I'm new to it, so I won't call it stupid. I can respect what fans of MUGEN try to do with it. Having done some research on the subject though, and as other MUGEN fans have freely admitted, there is ALOT of garbage out there.

If we open all the assets up to the world, we're going to get TONS more garbage only in HD. Why would we not want that? Simple because it takes attention from our hard work. What will make this MK different is that it is in HD. But in a sea of HD spin offs using all the assets we worked so hard to put together, why should our hard work get lost in the crowd of awful stuff that everyone has created?

The answer is it shouldn't. I'm sorry if you don't agree. MUGEN MK people are welcome here, but not if all they are going to do is whine about how it won't be open source. That being said, since you've pretty much been negative since the moment you arrived in these forums, perhaps it would be better if you continued to post on your web site instead of here. This project was NEVER about MUGEN as Interloko stated.

Then I can say I'm not very interested as well. There's only reason can be - you don't want to share work like always.

Who cares about it? It can be coded with various ways.

And now you divided MK and MUGEN kommubity. However many people like both things.

May be because it's horrible and outdated.)

Heard enough dumb MK followers, time to leave.

Sounds like the MK9 shang to me, but it was already decided the original voices were going to be used/cleaned up for this.

I'm glad to see that others share my view on keeping this closed source. I wasn't going to bring it up until later, to avoid any potential arguments, but it seems that closed source is the general preference. I definitely see this project as a standalone MK game and not built for the mugen community - everything here is being built specifically for MK1 HD and not for the purpose of being edited and integrated into other games.

I don't like the idea of someone just taking everyone's work and doing what they please with it, I mean imagine if there ended up being a whole bunch of poorly made MK HDs floating around - I think it could not only give a bad name to our original project, but also to any future HD projects we work on (if we decide to continue). The same as there are many good mugen games, but there is also a lot of shit that unfortunately kills a lot of potential interest in it. And I wouldn't want that to happen here, and tarnish the reputation of this project that had so much time and effort put into it.

I know that's a pessimistic view, but it's my honest opinion. Hopefully no one misinterprets this and thinks I'm against the idea of sharing in general, that's not the case. It'd be fine if the intention of this project was to make HD assets for mugen, but it's not, it's to make the definitive MK1 HD of the community. To play, not edit. And besides, anyone can get involved and contribute here, people should take this opportunity to put some of their vision into the game now, rather than hoping to edit the finished game to oblivion later.

I think this is something really special, and I simply want it to remain special.

Last edited:
I'm not against sharing. Anyone in this project is free to give his/her work to anyone, but the final product is our baby and i don't like evil clones XD

I'm not against sharing. Anyone in this project is free to give his/her work to anyone, but the final product is our baby and i don't like evil clones XD

I agree with this. I think members sharing their individual work is fine too, since the recipients of that work have the original creator's approval to use it.

PS: Bleed and Calactyte, great progress guys. Can't wait to see more.