Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Looks good to me ^

Anything but the game play can be more loosely represented, mainly because we can't make it perfect anyway. Game play is ultra hard to nail, but it's still numbers so there's a better chance.

Oh, and it still seems like "Kommunity" should be part of the game's title.

The Kommunity presents Mortal Kombat HD

or like I said

Mortal Kombat HD
Kommunity Edition

As was stated, WB was this close to putting out Mortal Kombat HD. That name alone just isn't smart. If "Kommunity" is in the title, there can't possibly be any confusion.

I actually brought this same thing up, that the name should imply it is a fan project, intended as a precaution against people getting confused with an official product and that somehow leading to trouble for us. I believe this game will attract a world of attention so that may be more likely than it seems.

I'm fine with Kommunity Edition, it works for the above reason. But I don't think it should appear anywhere in-game, just on promo material. In-game should be limited to "The Kommunity Presents" replacing the Midway Presents screen. That line is perfect IMO, it's short and already implies MK just because of the letter K. Good work.

Speaking of promo material before, I have a really, really great idea for a trailer that I'm going to make. It'll have to wait until the project is in its final stages, but I think you guys will love it.

I actually brought this same thing up, that the name should imply it is a fan project, intended as a precaution against people getting confused with an official product and that somehow leading to trouble for us. I believe this game will attract a world of attention so that may be more likely than it seems.

I'm fine with Kommunity Edition, it works for the above reason. But I don't think it should appear anywhere in-game, just on promo material. In-game should be limited to "The Kommunity Presents" replacing the Midway Presents screen. That line is perfect IMO, it's short and already implies MK just because of the letter K. Good work.

Speaking of promo material before, I have a really, really great idea for a trailer that I'm going to make. It'll have to wait until the project is in its final stages, but I think you guys will love it.

This right here ^

I actually quite like this one as it reminds me of another "HD" project I had been following... Quake Reforged which was high res skins for Quake. Although it kind of made more sense there because many of the characters where armored and it had a lot of medieval stuff in it.

I was playing quake reforged while thinking about this! :D

A remake of the infamous MORTAL KOMBATTT!!!! commercial with project members standing in for the original shouting in the street people... then footage from the MKHD project instead of the old game... all in HD widescreen? OR conversely... the MK HD character models in the street yelling MORTAL KOMBAT!! Or... 3D models made to look like the people in the commercial to go exactly with how the project is...

This whole thing would be a big project in and of itself though... :p

@ Bleed,

Your updated Scorpion model looks very nice. While it's prolly a good thing that you changed his hands, we still most likely won't see them in the portrait. :p

Are you gonna go ahead and do Sub-Zero's portrait pose too?

Once the hands are fixed, they are changed automatically for every animation. I just need to render the sprites again, and I need to fix the foot position anyways. I had one a little higher than the other and I noticed when making the turn animation.

These are small hurdles we need to get over as things progress, learning along the way. Eventually they won't be a problem, the more experience we get from this, the better our work is going to become.

Last edited:
Sounds good.

Regarding the SFX, where are we as far as the game's playability? I ask because I'd like to tackle the sound effects that can be used now, as opposed to say Shang's fireball. :p I still need to finish up scorpion's spear.

I'd be up for changing some elements in a different version of the game. The goal has already been set for this project, and we are following it no matter what temptation there is to make changes.

It's hard because a lot of us have some great ideas, but I think it's best to stay on course. So far we haven't been easily distracted on the most important part / game play.
I agree, i like some of your ideas, for example the animation when scorpion is blocking but I don't like it for THIS project. For this animation 41 frames are used (if I remember correctly) and the effect is unnecesary IMO.
We are adding 1.32MB for this, is not much but we should think in the global project and its optimization.

I really hope in a future someone with coding experience in 3D engines see this project and convert all these master pieces in a great 2.5D game.
If this happen someday then we can see, real lighting, smoother animations, and all the other things we are limited by using mugen.

Once the hands are fixed, they are changed automatically for every animation. I just need to render the sprites again, and I need to fix the foot position anyways. I had one a little higher than the other and I noticed when making the turn animation.
If you will render the sprites again you can make the size of them bigger to make sure all the sprites have the same size. with this we can add the sprites quicker and then crop them.

Mortal Kombat HD: Actually Released Edition

Mortal Kombat HD: un-kancelled

Mortal Kombat HD: F-ck off Netherealm Edition (or WB)

Mortal Kombat HD: confirmed edition

Mortal Kombat HD: Saving $40 bucks

Mortal Kombat HD: NRS run for their money edition

Mortal Kombat HD: Reloaded

hope some one found that funny
haHA!

What do you mean Interloko, like have the pink background the size of the full window? That can work, and you won't have to be messing with the X, Y positioning too much.

Not to be a dick but.. A lot of the names people are suggesting suck. To put it simply. They're cheesy. And lame.

Mortal Kombat Hd works fine. Or if you don't want the actual words "mortal kombat" in the title, MK1HD

A remake of the infamous MORTAL KOMBATTT!!!! commercial with project members standing in for the original shouting in the street people... then footage from the MKHD project instead of the old game... all in HD widescreen? OR conversely... the MK HD character models in the street yelling MORTAL KOMBAT!! Or... 3D models made to look like the people in the commercial to go exactly with how the project is...

This whole thing would be a big project in and of itself though... :p

Haha, indeed I will remake one of the original trailers for the game, with MKHD footage replacing the 1992 version like you said. It won't have any of the street footage in it though, but it will have the audio from it. I will be replacing the street footage with something else, it'll just be something basic but will work fine. There's a piece of music in it that I'll remake too. I think it will turn out awesome, and won't be a big project at all. Of course it'll have to wait until we have most of the game done.

I think this thread is done with names for now.
The gods of this game shall decide when the time comes :hail:

how about MORTAL KOMBAT HD: TRMK EDITION? This project came from trmk anyways . .

We are working on it here but this project should be representative of the community, not of just one site of the community. What about the MK mugen sites for instance, which also have relevance to this project? I think just Kommunity Edition or something like that is fine, it brings everyone together.

And I agree with bbblp, the names are not important right now. I think it's something that can be left till the project is nearing its end honestly.

Last edited: