Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I think having the moves list in a text file is good enough, menu screens are too much of a pain to make for something not often used. At least in the current version of mugen.

Maybe it would be nicer to have a game guide, with art work and stuff like that, a PDF.

is not hard to do but i see it useless for a 19 years old game, with 2 or 3 moves per character and a single fatality...

The Gi and Pants are ready, I cut in some of the bigger details to help the normal map look better. It's especially useful in the silhouette, as you can see forms sticking in and out instead of having a smooth outline.

Don't worry about the seam in the mid section of the Gi, that will be covered by his belt. It's like that because I made it in two parts.

ScorpMK1_wip14.jpg

Looks interesting... I look forward to seeing that textured\shaded and with the additional items like the vest, shin guards, etc. on it.

Are you going to do test your might?

A MK1HD Guide will be cool!

show all in good resolution, IMO is important complete a game having a guide. It make the game complete.

When do u guys think u will complete this project? Do you have a Gantt chaRt? Bleed (the man!) I can wait to see your take on Liu Kang!!

i have no idea about a release date, this is not our job. i like too see this project out soon too, but not rushed ;)
Bleed's models are going from good to GREAT. same for badmouse UI screens. he sent me a basic battle plan image and we discuss how to improve it, same for versus, etc.

today i'll work on battle plan. i have some old notes i made of it, like there are 4 battle plans variations, cage is used when you use a character supposed to be in certain place of BP, and kano will take the place of cage.. (i can't remember exactly, but i have these notes)

i have no idea about the other teammates. what are you doing? you can post any progress, some text if you don't have an image to show yet.

Something kind of like this for liu, a quick paint over... I'll get the actual model to look more like him.

base_liuPaintover.jpg

Another piece done for Scorpion.

ScorpMK1_wip16.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies. I dont wanna rush youz, I just wanted to know. You have no idea how this project is making me happy...I've waited for this since SF2 HD Remix was announced. I wish I could help but I can only write codes for FPGAs...

Bleed, The Art of Liu looks amazing! The big % of the scorpion's bake is done! i can't wait to see how he looks with shaders.

There's not even 30 inputs for the whole cast in MK, and that's including the Fatality inputs, so I don't think an in-game moves list is anywhere near necessary.

there are 24 inputs if i'm not wrong...
and most of people interesed in this HD game are old fans (i think) or have played official mkak so i agree, making the movelist (ingame) for this game is a waste of time :p
but as Bleed said "having the moves list in a text file is good enough". i agree with that too, just in case someone need it ;)

Edit: i'll move to another house next friday so probably i'll be offline a few days at home. good thing is i have internet access at work, so i'll be disconnected 2 days max.

Last edited: