Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

:p

Scorpion_ClassicPose_01.jpg

Better than the MK9 Klassic ninja DLC pack . .

Lol! Cage is kinda weird ! ! B.t.w. are you the one who's gonna do their portrait?

I'll work more on him:) Would be great if you tell me more concrete what's weird in him.
Well, i'll certainly work on portraits if people like the results:)

Also, an important thing. We're trying everything to be exactly like MK1. So, that lighting in choose your fighter, that's what is really weird. I tried to make Sonya with original contrast lighting, with bright pink skin, and it was terrible. This, more soft lighting looks much better. I'll move this way if it's OK.

Cool, Bleed, it looks like MK9 classic costumes pose.)

Yep, but i like your version much more. Closer to MK1:)

Last edited:
I always thought that after you beating the game once , the end, the final must be mega good, not only 2 pics. I suggest if there is an opportunity at the end to make some cut scenes with these beautiful 3D models and any bonuses associated with the MK series.

Well, i'll certainly work on portraits if people like the results
I think better to make portraits with actual models, and these models aren't exist now.
Here is the update version, fixed Yin Yang and added sash
Will be good if you leave just red eyes (like it was in Goro's portrait).

I agree. I don't think there is much reason to attempt doing any kind of portraits, bio, vs or any other kind of pictures like that until the character models are finished so we can use them. The same goes for the statues in the Warrior Shrine, Shang Tsung's background appearances, etc. Using the same assets for every appearance of a character is really the only way to maintain complete consistency in likeness, quality, and visual style. By the time a character is ready, posing, lighting and rendering them is likely going to take less time and effort than trying to do it from scratch anyway.

I'm working on the dragon banner. Heres what I got so far. What you guys think?

edit: png was all screwy :p
mkg6zo.jpg

Good work man ! You must continue in that way.
When I did the Courtyard stage, I made a dragon banner too but I think he's too small :(
If you want a model, you can use mine ;)

111215053000279817.png

Thanks Maxi. Yours looks good too. If you want your image bigger you can probably convert your dragon to vector with a program like illustrator or inkscape and work from there. Heres an update.

edit : and a pic of the original so you guys can see where I got the wonky proportions. Yep, that dragon was hammering some nails and the hammer slipped and got his finger

dragonbanner2.png
ogdragonbanner.gif

Last edited:
I agree. I don't think there is much reason to attempt doing any kind of portraits, bio, vs or any other kind of pictures like that until the character models are finished so we can use them. The same goes for the statues in the Warrior Shrine, Shang Tsung's background appearances, etc. Using the same assets for every appearance of a character is really the only way to maintain complete consistency in likeness, quality, and visual style. By the time a character is ready, posing, lighting and rendering them is likely going to take less time and effort than trying to do it from scratch anyway.

This is the way to go.

Looks nice, I very like it.. Spor_MK requested to post here his other work:
mk2hdrlow.png
Why ? What is the point :D some MK2HD logo , which is made it for 4 min. with photoshop. Now what ? We must start to sarch in google something about it or.. what ?
But anyway :). I remember, I was pretty disappointed by MK2. I waited for it with great impatience after MK1 stole my life, my soul, my mind :D ,but I never loved MK 2 like i did with MK 1 and UMK3

Last edited:
I strongly disagree about MKII. I didn't know it was coming out and it was a total surprise for me and amazing in every way. Better graphics, upgraded and streamlined gameplay compared to MK1.. amazing new characters.. tons of secrets for the time. For me MK3 was more of a disappointment. More americanized, more cartoony fatalities, actors replaced. MKII kept me running back to the arcade for more.

But I digress because this thread is not to vent about what one thought of the different MKs. Getting back to the subject more doesn't anyone think there should be a blog where one can see the artwork and progress without having to scan through over 100 pages of chatter?