Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Interloko I can't sent you a PM your inbox is full, I have the block sprites ready to send.
ok i've delete some messages

@Justin Slaughter: i like the continue screen music. good job

@calactyte: maybe you can change something in the front torch to make the pac-man simbols visible ;)

Things to fix would be the likeness, because it's not close enough and those aren't the models we are using. I guess it doesn't have to be the actual models, as long as they look like the actors.

It would be easier to see how well they fit wit the rest of the image not blurred.

I'm just making the face for Raiden unless more is needed. Badmouse was having a hard time with that area, so I'm helping out that's all.

I've been following this thread for a while and I thought I'd register and tell you guys you're doing a damn good job!

@Bleed : Your Scorpion is just plain awesome!

@Mortal Gojira : That is the best Goro I've seen, ever! Like the changes you made to make him look more brutish.

@Calactyte : Love your stage design man. The Throne room and The Pit look amazing! and the palace gates is coming along really good.

@Badmouse : Damn good job on Goro's lair! The lighting looks alot better in your latest revision.

Here's my interpretation of the lion statues in the Palace Gates.
2zpr414.jpg

Last edited:
Love that statue man. Is that 3D? On second glance it looks painted. We can use someone with your skills here.

I've been following this thread for a while and I thought I'd register and tell you guys you're doing a damn good job!

@Bleed : Your Scorpion is just plain awesome!

@Mortal Gojira : That is the best Goro I've seen, ever! Like the changes you made to make him look more brutish.

@Calactyte : Love your stage design man. The Throne room and The Pit look amazing! and the palace gates is coming along really good.

@Badmouse : Damn good job on Goro's lair! The lighting looks alot better in your latest revision.

Here's my interpretation of the lion statues in the Palace Gates.
2zpr414.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if we should open-source-ify the music... cause if you think about it, audio files aren't like screenshots - you can't really photoshop them to try and improve or even explain something, you know? If the people working on the music released the original tracker files for whatever programs they were using, it would open up a new window to getting the best quality music we possibly can. That's just an idea though, I'm loving everything so far!

@calactyte : Thanks! Nah, it's 2d. I resized a screenshot of the original palace gates and just painted over it using Gimp. Kinda cheating but I made it my own. plus the original arcade sprite had little to no detail so I looked to google for some inspiration.

i like Grid's courtyard but the song irritates me at some point. IMO the song needs to play slower and transmit some peace. the mk1 game is the most oriental game and the music should go in that direction.

a reminder to all the music guys: remember that every stage has 3 music parts: the main theme, the finish him/her loop and the ending of the match sound.

The Throne room track is very, very close but yeah it's kind of too intense at some points. It'd be cool to take some liberties with it now, make it easier to listen to.

About the face on the select screen, will be better to wait we have the models done. The actual Cage face dont match with Bleed model face.

Bleed, if you take a break with the animations and sculpt, can you make a quick render of scorpion with the position of the select screen face please? Scorpion and Sub-Zero if you can. don't worry about the background and big details, the can be make in photoshop for someone else.

This Weekend im going to update goro lair and post the new Warrior Shrine without statues.

I thought the Throne music sounds too synthesized and maybe not enough notes? Don't really know how to explain that last part

Two problems I saw with Cage in the select screen, his nose looked puffy and his neck doesn't seem to be reacting properly to his head being turned. Kinda like how you will turn a toy's head. His neck muscles should react to his head in that position.

I was under the impression that we will be using the 3d models for the select screen, Right? Or did I just make that up?

Thanks a lot for the comment NastyAsty. Lots of love and help went into his creation.

I also think we should use the 3D models for the select screen pics.

For no other purpose than to keep me inspired while working on sound stuff, I whipped up this desktop background real quick. Just thought I'd share. :)

If any of the guys who worked on the assets I used would like me to take this down, just let me know.

Last edited: