Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

the image is courtesy of Spor_MK, Le@N, and all the gents over at MK MUGEN Works! They have all sprites and tiles, including all unseen/unused ones. As well as countless rare and behind the sceens pics. The shit will seriously blow your mind. MKMP has many rare and prototype/concept pics as well.

also, another interesting point, NRS has announced next game won't be an MK game. Any thoughts on this in regards to this fan game?

P.S. now if we could just get the styxster here, we could put the band back together. XXD

Last edited:
What NRS is doing has no connection to what we are doing. We get some inspiration from their work but other than that....

I don't know, I guess there could be a spike in curiosity. I don't really have much interest in NRS if they are not working on MK, that's all I really look for.

Like that Batman game, I saw one vid and was like eh....

i can answer the questions about raiden.

2. Will RantonMalo's Raiden be included in this project after all, since the char model's progress was posted here?

I made this Raiden for other project. Raiden have a lot of parts to be fix so maybe will be easy make another Raiden. we don't know yet.

3. Has there been any further Warrior Shrine progress?

I updated a bit it with some parts i sculpted in Zbrush, i receive some object used in other stages so after finish with Goro's Lair I will update the stage a bit more.

8. Any concepts for Lightning "flowing" around Raiden yet?

I will think later on it, but i have a idea about how to make rays around Raiden body.

For the Raiden's aura lightening, you can have animated textures. Or since this is sprite based and not doing a 3d game, all that stuff can be added with premiere or after effects

Mortal Gojira, great work with Goro, but his face is really strange.
He must have a Lower head/forehead, a wider mouth, bigger/wider eyes, higher ears, eyes and "eyebrows" inclined upwards.

I've made a quick example:
fu6ww8.png

Nice :) I hope Mortal Gojira to see this .

What NRS is doing has no connection to what we are doing. We get some inspiration from their work but other than that....

I don't know, I guess there could be a spike in curiosity. I don't really have much interest in NRS if they are not working on MK, that's all I really look for.

Like that Batman game, I saw one vid and was like eh....

Right? I understand not wanting to milk a product, but I would like if they focus on MK games. Its been proving that the MK franchise is very much profitable, and they know what the fans want. And not all have to be fighting. I see no problem with a sequel to Shaolin Monks or even Mythologies. And yes, that can fall under milking it, but as long as its handled well it'll fine, imo

Mortal Gojira, about the rays. I think in make a path animation.

CV and loop polygon move on it, like a snake. After i can add effect to it.

Bleed, always amazing :)

I made the hold frame a little longer, so if you hold block it doesn't just stop so fast. After that extension it looks like this..

I'll see if I can find some time for Raiden's head tomorrow.

MK1_HD_Scorpion_StandBlock_02.gif

looks great, a side by side comparison w/ original sprites would be nice to see, but as is, the movement looks realistic to me, natural i mean.

@badmouse Never saw it done that way with path animation. Pretty cool.

@bleed Very, very cool man. Very much like the game

@AntrAcsA No.