Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I remember Ed saying it took around 8 months to get MK1 finished. I think he also said they had about 8 people working on it, too.

The first game took a year to make and they had a grand total of 4 people working on it.....part 2 might have been the same scenario based off the fact that when you beat the game you only see 4 pictures of the creators, boon, tobias, etc......I would assume video taping actors is easier then what you guys are doing. Could be wrong.....

Excellent work! The work so far looks terribly official.....If you lied and told people it was released by NRS I wouldnt doubt it if they believed you.

The first game took a year to make and they had a grand total of 4 people working on it.....part 2 might have been the same scenario based off the fact that when you beat the game you only see 4 pictures of the creators, boon, tobias, etc......I would assume video taping actors is easier then what you guys are doing. Could be wrong.....

Excellent work! The work so far looks terribly official.....If you lied and told people it was released by NRS I wouldnt doubt it if they believed you.

4 people, wow that's impressive...I dont mind waiting a year if you guys work seriously on it! You have my respect!

Hey bleed can I use your HD Scorpion sprite as my avy ? Didn't want to do it without your permission.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

The iPhone graphic power is limited but so far the iPhone UMK3 character models are a disaster.

All characters have different proportions, scorpion is smaller other characters and Stryker is bigger others.

Animations like the Idle of Motaro is broken in the shoulder, there isn't a good balance between character models. I don't understand how Game companies make game like this where single people works better.

I guess ATM, this project is the only hope for a good remake of Classic MK game.

The iPhone graphic power is limited but so far the iPhone UMK3 character models are a disaster.

All characters have different proportions, scorpion is smaller other characters and Stryker is bigger others.

Animations like the Idle of Motaro is broken in the shoulder, there isn't a good balance between character models. I don't understand how Game companies make game like this where single people works better.

I guess ATM, this project is the only hope for a good remake of Classic MK game.

Yeah, the iPhone version of UMK3 wasn't very good, and the AI was just as cheap as the original. :p
Hopefully our project will surpass that of other remakes! :)

Small update, I'm working on the retopology for Scorpion MK1, not ready to post yet. I'm adding more detail to the actual model by cutting in folds and stuff like that. It should look better than that UMK3 model, because that one is basically made up of smooth tubes, letting the normal map do all the shading.

Cutting in more detail on the actual model should improve the shading and silhouette.

In MK1, when you fight Reptile, didn't his fight stance alternate between Scorpion's and Sub-Zero's fight stances after every round? How would we do that?

I'm still working on the topology, getting all the parts of his body to have a lower resolution mesh. It has to be done so I can animate it. I can't animate the High poly model from Zbrush, because it'll crash 3dMax. This is the mesh I'll apply the different shaders, normal map, color texture, etc. I'm getting the Gi and pants done now..

cowltopology.jpg

What about changing the health meters at the top so they match the old games, including hiding the portraits on the sides of them?

I'm still working on the topology, getting all the parts of his body to have a lower resolution mesh. It has to be done so I can animate it. I can't animate the High poly model from Zbrush, because it'll crash 3dMax. This is the mesh I'll apply the different shaders, normal map, color texture, etc. I'm getting the Gi and pants done now..

cowltopology.jpg

So that's the hood for the MK1 ninjas? It definitely looks awesome. I've always been interested in game design, and If you guys still come here in 10 or so years, when I'm looking for a job in animation or writing (hopefully) you guys and all the writers on here will really help.

i need to know if you guys are interesed in adding some options for versus matches.
in my umk3 engine i have an option to choose from: single character, tag-team, 2, 3 and 4 endurances.
so, should i add it to mk1 hd or just keep 1 vs 1 only?

I don't think it has to be an exact copy of MK1, some updates are welcome IMO as long as it doesn't change the game too much.

i need to know if you guys are interesed in adding some options for versus matches.
in my umk3 engine i have an option to choose from: single character, tag-team, 2, 3 and 4 endurances.
so, should i add it to mk1 hd or just keep 1 vs 1 only?

These options sound great! Will there be pause menus and move lists? I don't know if anyone wants that, just a suggestion. :)

Last edited: