Dealing with Spammers

Honourshield

wasn't sure where to post this but, Hey guys im new :) I join in the hope of being able to speak with people who play regularly and to be able to learn from them and improve my game :)

Greetings over and to the point of the post: dealing with spammers

Now i know there is no general rule against all of them so im gonna narrow it down a bit to those that annoy me most: Noob and Sheva

There was this one guy today, Noob saibot player, who spammed his shadow run attack (is that its name?) constantly. forcing me to advance and block. though problem here was that this left me no time to hit him, as lowering my guard for a second resulted in me just getting hit by it and being back at square one. I play as Kitana so my other reaction to campers is to square boost across the map at him to close the distance, but this just got punished with the, im gonna call it the uppercut kick (case you didnt notice i dont know the names of his moves) the one where he makes his clone kick upwards. i ended up quitting in protest as it was just ridiculous. and this sort of fighting is all i really see from noob players.

My problem with sheva is the infernal stomp attack she does by leaping off the top of the screen. nothing i do to try to prevent this attack works. dashing at the last minute, attempting to interupt it with a jump kick, square boosting away (she just homes in on me). and the only sheva players ive seen have spammed this to no end causing my demise.

Baring in mind I play Kitana, are there any pointers anybody can give me to deal with those sort of playstyles? because i just wanna get revenge XD Cheers guys

Sheevas stomp can always be countered by jumping back and punching, Noob you want to spam fans your self, Instant air fans will kill him, otherwise I would square boost out of range to screw noob players up.

Spam fans back maybe? But theres a thing called dash blocking Im pretty sure. Its where you dash and then block and dash and block over and over. It gets you a lot closer to the oppenent and even if they keep backing away theyre gonna hit a corner at one point.

hmm, normal fan attacks i wasn't getting time for in the short space of time between blocking noob and his next attack, it was literally that constant :/ but instant air fans might be a different story. il try that next time.

and dash blocking? is that sort of like dashing and blocking at the same time so that you sort of block while taking a step forward? i was dashing then blocking in my attempt. soz im pretty new to stuff like dash blocking XD (im the kind o guy who took one look at the character threads with all the different numbers and letters and drew a blank :p)

hmm, normal fan attacks i wasn't getting time for in the short space of time between blocking noob and his next attack, it was literally that constant :/ but instant air fans might be a different story. il try that next time.

and dash blocking? is that sort of like dashing and blocking at the same time so that you sort of block while taking a step forward? i was dashing then blocking in my attempt. soz im pretty new to stuff like dash blocking XD (im the kind o guy who took one look at the character threads with all the different numbers and letters and drew a blank :p)

I remember when I was like that XD. But trust me youll learn your way around this game quickly espicially with Kitana, just keep practicing with her. Try different combo variations and try staying in your oppenents face with her. If your constantly in their face they cant spam you. Easier said then done I know.

I wasn't a spammer but the amount of spammers are turning me into a spammer, there is just no way to go around it. If they get noob, just get noob and do the same thing they do.

dont i know it XD
i mean, i play a very aggressive in your face style game with kitana and am capable of some pretty nasty combo's when lag is little in presence. but projectile users and spammers i tend to struggle an awful lot against >.<
i mean it really goes to show sometimes when this one reptile player i played (camped generally and spammed his charge and slide tackle attacks) beat me easily due to his tactics but theres was the odd time i caught a break and got thru everything, blocked him, then got all close and personal on him doing over half his health. then he got lucky and pushed me back and there i was being owned by camping yet again >.<
it is a shame :/ coz i mean i dont have the privilege of raiden players ability to just insta appear behind them lol. i have to run the gauntlet to get to these guys XD

dont i know it XD
i mean, i play a very aggressive in your face style game with kitana and am capable of some pretty nasty combo's when lag is little in presence. but projectile users and spammers i tend to struggle an awful lot against >.<
i mean it really goes to show sometimes when this one reptile player i played (camped generally and spammed his charge and slide tackle attacks) beat me easily due to his tactics but theres was the odd time i caught a break and got thru everything, blocked him, then got all close and personal on him doing over half his health. then he got lucky and pushed me back and there i was being owned by camping yet again >.<
it is a shame :/ coz i mean i dont have the privilege of raiden players ability to just insta appear behind them lol. i have to run the gauntlet to get to these guys XD

When i play Kitana Vs a Spammer or Zoner, I Just insta Air fan and Dash in for the combo of my choosing But you have to be patient against spammers and zonners i like to keep constant pressure on them. There zoning isnt as effective Close up than far range.

Kinda get what im saying?

Sn: are you on XBL or PSN? If you on Xbox Add me man, Would love to see your kitana :)

When i play Kitana Vs a Spammer or Zoner, I Just insta Air fan and Dash in for the combo of my choosing But you have to be patient against spammers and zonners i like to keep constant pressure on them. There zoning isnt as effective Close up than far range.

Kinda get what im saying?

Sn: are you on XBL or PSN? If you on Xbox Add me man, Would love to see your kitana :)

Yea i get ya. patience is a virtue and all that. shame tho coz i hate having to become my enemy in order to beat them, especially if they do camp or spam (or both).

and you're in luck my friend :) i do play on xbox. I dont think i do too badly in a fight, i mean ive managed to pull some fun victories from guys i thought were gonna beat me. Im alright generally so long as there aint too much lag (if spamming doesnt beat me, lag usually does instead >.<)
Im from England however and at the time of posting this it is currently 5 mins past 10 at night. and i work usually from about 10 or 11 till 6 or 7 (british time still :p) im more than happy to oblige the game tho if you want i just hope it can be done around time differences :/ (well, if there is any, not sure where your based XD)

Im kinda loving spammers, especially projectile spammers, because with Baraka I just get ever closer, and then BOOM, land an ex blade charge and then it's gg from that moment.

Spammers are usually very shitty when it comes down to anything like defending a rushdown.

Im kinda loving spammers, especially projectile spammers, because with Baraka I just get ever closer, and then BOOM, land an ex blade charge and then it's gg from that moment.

Spammers are usually very shitty when it comes down to anything like defending a rushdown.

i have to admit it is funny when you do break spammers and your laying the hurt on with your rushdown you mentioned. what's worse is when said spammer quits on you when he knows he's lost the upper hand -.- *sigh*

seems to me like that noob player know what he's doing...noob doesn't have much going for him besides the shadow..his combo are slow and limited..playing keep away is a good strategy for noob..it's hard to spam projectile with him..how do i deal with him? my main characters are Mileena, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Reptile and Cyrax...when i pick Reptile and Cyrax and my opponent pick noob, i usually have a very hard time getting close to him, especially Reptile..but then i don't blame noob player who spam shadows from far away because that's how you suppose to use noob...since you main Kitana, once you get good with her, noob player shouldn't be that hard because Kitana is one of the most well rounded character in MK..she have fast and annoying projectiles, she pretty much control the air, and she have fast combo in close combat with a good damage scale...and her combos have a far better reach compare to other character..

as for Sheeva, i'm surprise you struggle with her using Kitana lol...Kitana have some many anti-Sheeva moves...

How many of these threads are we gonna get? How do you deal with "spammers"? You get better. Simple as that

Are you an ass, or do you just like to *****? The OP explains in the first paragraph why they posted on this topic:

wasn't sure where to post this but, Hey guys im new I join in the hope of being able to speak with people who play regularly and to be able to learn from them and improve my game

If you don't like the topic, then why'd you click on it?

Thank you David dare,

I'll explain in great detail for you later OP I'm at work.

Guys it's one thing to whine about spammers and a whole different thing to ask how to deal with them.

Telling him to just get better doesn't help him think about how to defeat that system.

EDIT:

OP:

When you are full screen away from Noob saibot. you should jump over his clones. If he's the patient type that WAITS for your jumps. then you can MORE SAFELY dash block in instead of jumping. If he's spamming them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BACK TO BACK. Jump over the first 2. When you are at jumping distance FROM him. as in if you jump you'll land a kick/punch. Do not jump blindly when you're in range. Most Noob saibots expect this. Instead wait just outside of the range of his upknee(The upward uppercut kick you mentioned). To find the range of this move, have someone spam the move and get as close as you can w/o getting hit by him. That's the range you'll want to wait for it at. When he whiffs(AKA misses you.) Do a really quick attack(Or a low like a long range trip), might even just want to use a EX FAN dash cancel into a combo, to insure you don't get hit by a really fast 2nd one.

Now when you are waiting(for upknee), it's optimal to wait w/o blocking to get the easiest punish. But that leaves you open to another "running man tackle" verson of his projectiles or a slide. So it might be optimal to block, AND REALLY LOOK FOR HIS UPKNEE. when you see it, drop block and punish, gotta be quick.

When you are at slightly barely farther than jumping distance. It's smart to jump over then dash into a really quick ground move. Remember if he throws a shadow and you're right next to him blocking. You can combo him, and if you're too slow atleast now you can start your upclose rushdown pressure.

Last edited:
I'm finding Kabal projectile spammers a MASSIVE PAIN to beat with Baraka right now.

If your character doesn't have a teleport, sometimes only an EX move will close the gap. This means forfeiting a breaker. And Kabal has a crazy mix up game up close as well.

I find the character, very, VERY irritating to fight.

I'm finding Kabal projectile spammers a MASSIVE PAIN to beat with Baraka right now.

If your character doesn't have a teleport, sometimes only an EX move will close the gap. This means forfeiting a breaker. And Kabal has a crazy mix up game up close as well.

I find the character, very, VERY irritating to fight.

play jade bro, then you don't have to worry about all that.(I know you do)

Glow on through projectiles,

EX glow to scare him from being agressive on you.

Thank you David dare,

I'll explain in great detail for you later OP I'm at work.

Guys it's one thing to whine about spammers and a whole different thing to ask how to deal with them.

Telling him to just get better doesn't help him think about how to defeat that system.

EDIT:

OP:

When you are full screen away from Noob saibot. you should jump over his clones. If he's the patient type that WAITS for your jumps. then you can MORE SAFELY dash block in instead of jumping. If he's spamming them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BACK TO BACK. Jump over the first 2. When you are at jumping distance FROM him. as in if you jump you'll land a kick/punch. Do not jump blindly when you're in range. Most Noob saibots expect this. Instead wait just outside of the range of his upknee(The upward uppercut kick you mentioned). To find the range of this move, have someone spam the move and get as close as you can w/o getting hit by him. That's the range you'll want to wait for it at. When he whiffs(AKA misses you.) Do a really quick attack(Or a low like a long range trip), might even just want to use a EX FAN dash cancel into a combo, to insure you don't get hit by a really fast 2nd one.

Now when you are waiting(for upknee), it's optimal to wait w/o blocking to get the easiest punish. But that leaves you open to another "running man tackle" verson of his projectiles or a slide. So it might be optimal to block, AND REALLY LOOK FOR HIS UPKNEE. when you see it, drop block and punish, gotta be quick.

When you are at slightly barely farther than jumping distance. It's smart to jump over then dash into a really quick ground move. Remember if he throws a shadow and you're right next to him blocking. You can combo him, and if you're too slow atleast now you can start your upclose rushdown pressure.

He doesn't know how to EX Fan cancel :L And i can use these tips against Noob :D

play jade bro, then you don't have to worry about all that.(I know you do)

Glow on through projectiles,

EX glow to scare him from being agressive on you.

I haven't used Jade for awhile now. I might dust her off and go in the training room, im probably so rusty. She used to be my "go to person", but right now that's Nightwolf.