Best Video Game you have ever played and why

jbell0129

For me it was legend of zelda ocarina of time. The graphics were great back then, it had a great story and the action was awesome.

I have had many games that I love and played the heck out of but I woudl have to say my favorite game to play is Resident Evil 4 on Wii. I find it rare for me to want to play a game after I complete it (at least for a while). I can play RE4 and start a new game immediately after I finish and play through again. I've beaten it so many times; small case only runs, handgun only playthroughs, speed runs with the machine gun, I just love the game. I think it has the best control scheme and one of the few games that utilizes the Wii remote well (I can't stand all the waggle games). I can;t play the old resident evil games anymore without wishing they had this control scheme.

I may be picking up the Playstation Move just so I can have a similar control for RE5...hard to justify spening $100 for one game but I'm sure I will use it for others down the road.

PS - Long time lurker but this is my first post. I've played MK9 in the TRMK room with some people on here. Official "hi" to everyone!

I would have to say Super Meat Boy ! SMB has the tightest controls of any platformer I have ever played, and i play platformers like its my job. It hooked me so good that I 106% it twice once on XBLA and once on Steam !

Mortal Kombat. It's an awesome game, violent, gory, fun. I got MK9 on the release day, and I still can't stop playing the game to date.

Assassin's Creed series, they have an amazing story, awesome gameplay, and just fun to play.

Gears of War series, amazing story, especially for a shooter, since the majority of shooters only focus on multiplayer, awesome gameplay, violent, graphics, and the multiplayer is fun.

The Metroid series (except for Prime 3 and Other M, I haven't played those yet), especially Metroid Prime 1 and 2. Those games were awesome, enemies and bosses were unique, action, fun, graphics out of this world. Then in Prime 1 and 2, it got a lot better IMO. Seeing through Samus visor, knowing how you really are alone in a planet full of hostile enemies. I know in the others games your alone too, except for Other M and a bit of Prime 3, but something about Prime 1 and 2 really got to me. I feel like buying a Wii so I could buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid 1. The bosses are unique and fun to fight. The story is incredible and all the characters are likable. Gameplay is great (for its time), the graphics were also damn good (once again, for its time). I find that game pretty much perfect. Its one of the only games that I have ever beat countless times.

Timesplitters future perfect is the best game ever made. It was funny as shit and the controls were amazing. You could also make maps

Fallout 3. (Seriously, keep you opinions to yourself if you think Fallout 1 and 2 are better. I downloaded them and I HATED them. You have to use vats to move?? Whatever, I don't like them whatsoever. Plus, 1st person is much better anyways.)
Fallout 3 just had it all for me, I sprung for they GOTY edition and expected a few gory moments and not much else. I had played a little bit of it at my friends house and it looked Ok. I was instantly shocked when I started it up. The gritty realism surrounding the lone wanderer. His vault, his mother, his story.
The environment is flawless, it captures post-apocalytpia perfectly.
Not to mention the weapons (stunning)
An insanely large variety of armor, clothing, hats, and other knick knacks make the game shine even more.
The enemies present a challenge from easy to OH GOD WTF AM I GOING TO DO?!!
The karma system is a BIG plus, as well.
You can help people, or blow their heads off with missile launchers :laugh:

All in all, the insanely rich and fulfilling game skyrocketed into my number one spot 10 mintues in.
And I beat the game 27 times :laugh:

Not a game per say, more of a sim, a milsim, 'Military simulation'. Started off with Operation flash point, I got into it back in 2001, and now we have ArmaII/OA.
Its actually based on software the military uses. You can basically if you have the talent do anything with it, its like Garry's mod on steroids.
And if your lucky enough to get into a good clan you will experience epic MP, nothing else like it.
Mods out the @ss and this is one of my favorites

Nothing like trudging around a battlefield and stumbling up on a guy cradling his guts you know?
Although there's nothing like the real thing, this lets you peek in and appreciate the horrors of war just a little more.

Last edited:
Resident Evil on the Gamecube, it took everything good about the PSX version and made it all better,the graphics were creepier, the music even more ominous, the suspense greater with enough changes to keep the game fresh, there was nothing like paying GC Resident Evil with the lights off and surround sound, good times...

God of War 2.

It did everything right. It started with a huge boss battle, the moves execute seamlessly, and it has brutal and beautiful attacks. The story is great, but simple, so it advances the game without making you sit there for 20 minutes wondering when you're going to be allowed to play again. Puzzles are dispersed throughout that are easy enough so you don't throw your controller down and turn the game off, but challenging enough so there's some sense of accomplishment for solving them. It just has the pacing dead-on, the game knows exactly when to throw action at you, when to slow things down with story telling, and where to put bosses. It's also linear, so there's no annoying backtracking or wondering what in the world you are supposed to do next.

And it got all the basics right too, great graphics, stunning art design, wonderful orchestra score, and so on.

God of War 2 built on and improved upon everything God of War did right. I may like God of War 3 even more, but I don't have a PS3, so I have never played it.

For a long time, Zelda TooT was my favorite game and I didn't think it would ever be topped, but I deemed God of War 2 to be even better after I finished it.

For me, it was always MK and Metal Gear Solid (PS1, 1998 ).
I've beaten MGS 1 countless times, and I plan on getting the MGS HD Collection, in November.
MK 1 also has a special place in my Cobra heart, due to being exposed to it at age 11.

My dream MK game would be an MK 1 remake with the "Original 7" MK 1 fighters, MK 1 stages, MK 9 graphics, MK 9 gameplay, and Klassic MK 1 Fatalities.

Gotta agree with Araknyd and nemesiswontdie, MGS1 is one the few games that has been firmly engraved in my mind and soul as one of the most captivating games I have ever played. And I absolutely love the original PS1 version far more than the remake for Gamecube. The atmosphere, the story, the voice-acting, the action, the stealth, the suspense, the drama... I mean, its got it all and its untouchable. Such a timeless classic. Great, great memories.

Bioshock is another game that needs mention. I hold that game very near and dear to me. The first time playing it was absolutely stunning and gripping. Everything about it was so perfectly crafted. Same as I said for MGS1, it has everything from the compelling story, insane atmosphere to the amazing voice-acting, action, suspense, thills, etc, that is just top-notch in every way. Truly mesmerizing.

I loved Bioshock 2 as well, but it isn't as classic as the first. And I am so damn stoked for Bioshock Infinite. :)

Fallout 2 hit me like a ton of bricks ten years ago. Me & my friends went absolutely crazy over it, frenzy even. Even though I consider Fallout 1's story as a whole to be better, FO2 was so much bigger and fun in other ways, on top of the story and foundation the first one laid down.
Both games are art. Still play them occasionally.

Honorary mention goes to Mass Effect 2, a more recent super experience, woah.

Halo 1 Multiplayer.
Still LAN this game as much as possible.
By far the most skill based FPS ever. Too bad they are F'ing up the remake.

Resident Evil 4. Perfection!

I guesss resident evil 4 is in the lead! That game was incredible, it made me say wow. It was the first over the shoulder third person shooter. A game that brought a new set of gameplay. And resident evil is my favorite story aside from GOw and MK

Mario Kart Double Dash. It will always have a place in my heart. My kousin and I would play it everytime I went to his house which was 7 hours away. Memories.

Gotta agree with Araknyd and nemesiswontdie, MGS1 is one the few games that has been firmly engraved in my mind and soul as one of the most captivating games I have ever played. And I absolutely love the original PS1 version far more than the remake for Gamecube. The atmosphere, the story, the voice-acting, the action, the stealth, the suspense, the drama... I mean, its got it all and its untouchable. Such a timeless classic. Great, great memories.

Bioshock is another game that needs mention. I hold that game very near and dear to me. The first time playing it was absolutely stunning and gripping. Everything about it was so perfectly crafted. Same as I said for MGS1, it has everything from the compelling story, insane atmosphere to the amazing voice-acting, action, suspense, thills, etc, that is just top-notch in every way. Truly mesmerizing.

I loved Bioshock 2 as well, but it isn't as classic as the first. And I am so damn stoked for Bioshock Infinite. :)

What I loved the MOST about Metal Gear Solid 1 (and The Twin Snakes) is that Konami made the game PHYSICALLY interactive by making you change the actual ports on the game controller, during the Psycho Mantis BOSS fight. LOL

GENIUS!!!!!

It may be a little outdated now but the first kotor was the best game experience ever for me. Mass effect is amazing too but maybe its cause I was younger i like kotor better.