Best Video Game you have ever played and why

Metroid Prime 1 for me. I just love the story of Metroid as a whole and I bought a gamecube just because of it. The graphics were ahead of the time and the solidarity of the enemies and the creepiness of the setting really accent the feeling of being all alone on a planet against basically everyone. Beaten it once and never played it since to keep the memory of it intact so I won't judge it to today's FPS games. Great bosses, crisp settings, and sweet weapons. Honestly nothing like it.

Banjo Kazooie

pretty much everything that made Mario 64 good, but expanded. The Overworld castle was really creepy and huge. and you knew you had a long adenture ahead of you as soon as you entered. They really did a good job on the themes in the game, how the overworld music would change it's style whenever you would get near a certain level, and that music would reflect that level. The humor was witty and sarcastic, something that I enjoyed. And somewhat edgy, something Rare later put to use even more in Conker's Bad fur day (another great game) Banjo Kazooie had Funny characters,dialog, and exotic levels. Just a great game. The Sequal might even be better.

Pretty much any of the classic N64 games are my favorites, and it's hard to choose between them. But the other runners up would have to be Mario 64, or Ocarina of time. I actually felt like I was in those games I was so sucked into them. It's probably cause I was young, but still, I can never get back that feeling that those games brought me.

May get some abuse for this but Call of Duty 4. I think it had the best FPS campaign in modern gaming history, with very realistic multiplayer to boot, completely different to the more recent CoD games. Mass Effect 2 runs a close second: the best sci-fi RPG ever made. Also, I still pull out the PS1 from time to time, purely for Tekken 3. The first (and best) fighter I've played. Hwoarang is second to Sub-Zero in my favourite fighting game characters.

To be honest, Infamous and it's sequel (Infamous 2, who'd have thought!) were pretty good. The horrifyingly bad thing about it is the lack of replay-ability. I know the game has good and evil, but I tried the evil side after playing the good side through once, and I couldn't get into it. I don't know if I'm just THAT anti-evil, but I just couldn't do it (This was the 1st one. didn't get the time to start the evil side on Infamous 2)

for me it is god of war (yes really).
Kratos is awesome, his character is perfect just as soulless as the game makes him out to be. An how he is so hell bent on killing any and everything that gets in his way no matter if your his mother or brother it's awesome you never see a character that never falters in what they believe in. i also like how the villains are the good guy's and the hero is the bad guy.

as for graphic's they all way's set the standard for what a game should look like. that was until LA noire. as for game play it made it's own genre of game. the story is vary good how it's laid out is something that need's to be explored by more game dev's.

also the game is based on Greek myth what more could you ask for?

Last edited:
I dont have a One most favorite game so here are my most favorites games

MK1 Because is the first and most simple game from one of the most famost fighting games series.
MK9 because it goes back to it roots
Tekken Tag 1 because the massive roster and alot of fan favorites
DOA series because they are way more simplerer that most fighters.
Virtua Fighter 3tb because of the gameplay and the game has a style that most VF games no longer have
Shenmue Lol no explanation needed ;)
Zelda ocarina of time Same as above :p
GOW because is BADASS!!! ;)
Sonic Adventures Because of the crazy gameplay and levels, i heard that the sequel is better but is not on psn like SA1 is so i cant buy it. :( plus i dont have money now for a dreamcast or gamecube to get the sequel.
Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 Because of the gameplay, story and the HUGE replay value!

Thats all for now

Last edited:
Wow, what a question.

There have been many, many truly great games over the years.

If I had to pick one, I would say Secret of Mana (SNES). Final Fantasy VII (PS1) comes a very close second.

EDIT: The Why....well Secret of Mana had everything. Amazing graphics (for the time), great musical score, loved the characters, felt you could engage with them, a MASSIVE array of customisation in weapons, armour, spells...you could roam the world, fighting random monsters, amazing bosses. FF pretty much the same reasons. If I had played FF VII before SOM, I would have probably placed that first. Square are truly the masters of the RPG.

Last edited:
Has to be Super Metroid on the SNES for me. I still remember the first time I got it; I was 6 or 7, my Dad just got home from work, and I ran to say hi (mushy mushy, blah blah stuff) and for absolutely no reason he hands me the game. I look at the packaging and it looks amazing, so I thank him and go play it. I played it for about all of 15 minutes when my Dad and Grandma come in a check me for chickenpox (which I had and were strangely pink instead of red) while I played... Ahhh, good times...

But more on point, that game was incredible in all aspects. Stunning environments, awesome upgrades (that I later found out can be gotten in crazy orders :D), tight controls, just the right amount of difficulty in enemies/bosses, fun/simple storyline, and the fact that it never told you where to go next! Games these days always tell you, "go here, do this, do that." and that makes it, at times, annoyingly easy. Not this game, you get a map and a very vague idea where to go and you have to find most of the power-ups on your own. I must have played through this game at least 50 times and I can still play it and have so much fun. Especially when I find new ways to get items out of order and beat bosses out of order xD. Ex) You can get the Gravity suit before the Varia suit (which you actually never need to get)!

Trials HD, Super Meatboy, Assassins creed II, Borderlands

Assassins Creed II takes the top spot because it was the first single player I beat 5 times

Pokemon Crystal without a doubt. Generation 2 was the best, imo, and Crystal expanded on the awesomeness Gold and Silver brought to the Pokemon series.

metal gear solid: the twin snakes

was the first metal gear i ever try and that makes me buy a ps2 just to play the other ones, i just so epic that story, the stealthy action, the memorable moments and of course the ending, still can figure out what of the 2 endings is the main one cuz it doesnt explain to much in mgs2. still i just love that game, this game is a remake of the original metal gear solid soo i say mgs is the best metal gear game ever followed by mgs4 guns of the patriot cuz its the last solid snake story, just epic!!!!

metal gear solid: the twin snakes

was the first metal gear i ever try and that makes me buy a ps2 just to play the other ones, i just so epic that story, the stealthy action, the memorable moments and of course the ending, still can figure out what of the 2 endings is the main one cuz it doesnt explain to much in mgs2. still i just love that game, this game is a remake of the original metal gear solid soo i say mgs is the best metal gear game ever followed by mgs4 guns of the patriot cuz its the last solid snake story, just epic!!!!

If you ever get Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, it briefly explains what happened in MGS 1, in one of the "Snake Tales" side missions.
(The right ending is the one where he saves her)

The proper ending from Metal Gear Solid 1 is also discovered in Metal Gear Solid 4, because Meryl is alive.

Metroid prime two: it improved what was already a perfect game, bringing a more powerful plot, and some new and interesting gameplay mechanics to the table. Add in phenomenal graphics, music, and sound effects and you've got a seriously awesome game. Oh, and the environments were amazing. When I first stepped into dark aether I spent a few minutes hiding in a light bubble telling myself that it wasn't that scary. Even now I'm amazed as I take in a panoramic view of the Torvus Bogs or agonizing wastes. Although Phendrana Drifts and gallon overworld from prime one are still the two coolest gameworlds of all time.

Mass Effect Series: I could just say that the games have Tali in them because that alone implies perfection, but I'll elaborate a bit more. The one thing that stuck out to ms almost immediately was the story. It was a character driven story, powered by the characters instead of controlling them. The graphics were gorgeous as well. The sound was great, the writing was great, the powers were awesome, the characters were memorable. The only thing I could complain about is the repetitive side missions of the first game, but those were fixed in the sequel. Besides, you know a series e is good when you can beat both games 3 times each in a little over a month.

Last edited:
this is a tough question to answer as I really cant pick just one so Ill make a impromptu best games I have ever played thread. In no particular order

1. Silent Hill 2 - SCARIEST Game I have ever played. The story was phenomenal and one of the very few games that has ever made me cry.

2. Defender Of The Crown (NES) - Kinda like a advanced game of Risk. Its one of those games that you can play multiple times since each game game can play out differently

3. Resident Evil Remake (Gamecube) - Another one of the scariest games I have ever played. The atmostphere, the music, the story were all phenomenal

4. Mass Effect 1 and 2 - Great story... phenomenal lovable characters. One of the few games where I wish that I could just live inside this game and inside the entire ME Universe.

5. Mortal Kombat 2 - The game that got me into the series. Me and my dad would play every day after supper on the SNES when I was like 7 years old.

6. BC's Quest For Tires 2: Grogs Revenge - A game for the colecovision. kinda like a puzzle game as you are a caveman and have to travel around mountains picking up rocks while trying to avoid grog. If grog catches you its game over.

7. Smackdown 2: Know Your Role - One of the best wrestling games I have ever played. Me and my friends would play this for HOURS! I absolutely loved the never ending story mode as well

8. 999: 9 Doors, 9 Persons, 9 Hours - I literally could not put this game down and I got through one playthrough in just about 2 days. I would start playing this game when I got out of work at like 10PM and before I know it I look at the clock and its 2AM

9. Grand Theft Auto Vice City - oh god the atmosphere in the game was probably the best atmosphere in a game I ever played. Me and my friends would spend hours just taking turns causing as much havoc as possible with all the cheats

10. Legend Of Zelda Majoras Mask - Sorry but in my opinion Majoras Mask > Ocarina of Time. Dont get me wrong OOT is a fantastic game but the story in majoras mask was better IMO. I just loved the dark "impending doom" plot and the music that played when the countdown started was bone chilling!

SSF4, MK9 and Uncharted 2.

I've always been a fan of fighting games, especilly this two first games, and then uncharted, I love the story and graphics. Gr8 games, all of them.

It's a hard pick since every game offers an experience that the other cannot provide. It's just the nature of game design. I guess I would have to pick Streets of Rage 3. It's straightforward when I just want something to pick up and play, good pacing, tight controls, characters have a decent number of moves to play around with, and has a nice soundtrack to boot.

Last edited: